Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,099

retired_account

Aaaaaa. An hour till it hits, I think. App Store time is Pacific Time, right? RIGHT???

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

If it helps, I know Apple is based in California.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Just went live. I literally bought it the minute it came out. Installing right now.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Ah! App Store stopped responding at exactly 10:01!!

Are you sure its live, I cant seem to find it...

Edited on by ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yes it's about halfway done downloading. Try searching for it. I bet right when it went live everyone swamped their servers... There is enormous hype behind this game.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I STILL cannot find it....this is very frustrating....can you confirm the price?

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yep, its 5.99 and universal. It's also awesome, already killed three monsters. Definitely very Punch-Out-y, but it seems kinda slow paced in comparison. More impressions tomorrow, I gotta hit the hay now. :3

Just so you know, its only been out for a few hours and there are already over 15,000 high scores registered on Game Center. That's the kinda hype behind this game, LOL.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Sounds good. Finally got it to appear, dloading it now

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL

pixelman wrote:

Yep, its 5.99 and universal. It's also awesome, already killed three monsters. Definitely very Punch-Out-y, but it seems kinda slow paced in comparison. More impressions tomorrow, I gotta hit the hay now. :3

Just so you know, its only been out for a few hours and there are already over 15,000 high scores registered on Game Center. That's the kinda hype behind this game, LOL.

Well yeah, when you take a phone and put a game that looks like a PS3 game almost, there ought to be some hype.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Awww. Hopefully you can run NOVA 2, Mac.

retired_account

retired_account

Awesome. I look forward to headshotting you many times in the future. ;3

And lol wow, Infinity Blade certainly didn't take long to put Angry Birds in its place.

Impressions: The game is great, but I have to say that gameplay wise, Punch Out on Wii is definitely the better game. The gameplay isn't as refined or as tight, and it doesn't have as much variety either. All you do is just try to get a dodge or parry break on an enemy, then just flail at him until he recovers. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of strategic dueling. I'm hoping multiplayer will fix this though. :3

Most of the fun I've got from the game is from the RPG aspects. Leveling up weapons is fun, finding new ones is more fun, and buying ones is the mostest.

As for the graphics, they're certainly stunning, but they seem to run around 30 FPS. Keyword here is "around" -- it drops below it fairly regularly. The animations are a bit stiff too.

retired_account

ReddLionz

Whoa. A $5.99 game at #1? Now I've seen everything.
Uh-oh. Just realized I can't play IB either. Darn.
Oh well, back to playing with my new Ocarina.

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

retired_account

Argh. IB is frustrating me. You have to tap too close to the edges to dodge (on the ipad at least), and oftentimes a tap gets registered as a swipe instead. And the spell gesture recognition is pretty spotty too.

I almost killed the god king (I'm on bloodline 5 or 6 now), but these little problems are really hindering me. Hope they fix it in future updates.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

I can imagine that being a problem for the iPad, considering the larger screen. For me, all those things work fine, even though sometimes im not quick enough to dodge. Also, ive heard the iPad version is laggier than the lates IPhone/Itouch devices, but I cant confirm.

This game IS addicting like hell. (although im not to far into it, im only in my 3rd bloodline.) I personally like the battles, theyre fun, simple, and challenging, and the way they are presented are extremely cinematic. I do agree, the RPG elements are very fun and add substance to the battles. Very fun game. Simple, endless, addicting, yet deep and very well presented. Not an epic story-based journey, but very well done indeed. Fits perfectly with the busy schedule and is easy to pick up and play. The RPG elements are very well done and unique, and getting new items is a lot of fun. The promise of constant updates is really interesting. Adding new items and areas at a regular schedule would really make the Infinity Blade experience truly compelling if done right. And I cannot wait for the multiplayer so I can slice Pixy into tiny little individual pixels.

Overall, Im very happe with it. It doesnt try to be the classic huge adventure, but instead fully develop into a unique concept and does so beautifully. Runs smoothly (for me at least) and has amazing presentation. The dynamic camera gives everything a more epic cinematic feel and the addicting nature of the gameplay is not only very deep, its action packed ad easy to pick up and play, which in my opinion, is what mobile gaming is about. Perfect for busy schedules of those who want a mainstream epic experience with depth and action, Infinity Blade delivers.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Oh God. I got the final boss down to 30 HP. Stupidly, I decided to heal instead of throw a fire spell, and my mistake got that damn infinity blade run up my great great grandson's chest. I almost broke a sweat during that fight, lol.

One other MAJOR issue of the game is the placement of the camera in certain fights. In the second phase of the last fight, your character almost completely obstructs the enemy from view. It's impossible to see blows coming in from your right. They really need to fix it. It's bearable as is, but you have to get a little lucky and have really strong armor.

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Wow that sucks...

I personally never had problems seeing where attacks were coming from. But then again, Im fairly early in the game so attacks have been fairly predictable.

Im wondering how many times im going to have to procreate to kill this God-King. (Is it me, or has Chair not even tried to hide the many cliches in this game? )

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah, the second phase of the god king is the only fight where it's a major problem. I'm betting you haven't got there yet, lol.

I'm resolved to kill this guy this time. He will not survive the wrath of my super-mega-ultra-blade-thingy-which-is-way-more-wimpy-than-his. Actually, it's the third best sword in the game, lol, and I have the second best armor. I can take him. >:3

I'm on Bloodline 6, btw. Also, I WAS PISSED. I killed the second to last guy without taking a hit, but it didn't give me the damn achievement. So. Angry.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.