Forums

Topic: Maka Wuhu Ettiquette

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

LittleKing

I was in 1 on 1 race in a community when the guy voted for Maka Wuhu. He got picked. Then, he did it again. And again. And again. All four races, and glitched.

Result? I won all four races and trolled him to boot. Most hilarious thing ever. The guy failed to do the glitch one time, so I got way ahead, got a Super Lead and slowed down to use it on him before the glider section. Next race I snagged a mushroom right at the end, and used it, smacking aside his kart a split second before the finish line. And then, I got a Blue Shell! The guy just slowed down and let me win so he wouldn't get blown up.

LittleKing

komicturtle

I usually stay behind, in 8th, hope I get a star and if they try to do the glitch off that ledge... Well, let's just say I bet they're raging when I knock them off course and screw them up. It's like bowling, almost lol

komicturtle

Aqueous

@theblackdragon, it's one of two methods, the other is get to get 20000 coins, I have over a fourth of that already.
Here is the source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_7

This is why I play in my communities, no one does it and you leave if you find someone who does and they are terrible at honest races because they want to win and just use the glitch, no skill to them.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Neonpowerstar

@Avery LMAO, that guy must have raged hard after those four races. Just the threat of blue shelling him was enough to scare him into letting you pass. I've always made it my personal mission to troll anyone who votes for Maka Wuhu and uses the glitch in the following races, unfortunately I've only been successful a couple of times. I guess it's much easier to troll someone in a 1v1 race than an 8 player race. Did you get those races on camera? (I'm assuming you didn't) it would have been even more hilarious if you did and posted the guy's fails for everyone to see though

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are...

CowLaunch

Snaking requires skill, Maka Wuhu glitch doesn't. Settled.

CowLaunch

SarcasticWisdom

To bad the glitches dont stop my blue shells!

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Vincent294

It's time to make a stand against the glitch. If we all don't do it at the same time, we will never succeed. Not voting for it isn't the answer either. We must vote for it, but not do it. We will play the entire course, and rig the drop-off. We will play Maka Wuhu as it was meant to be played in Maka Wuhu Madness. The community code is this: 14-3924-3872-6396. If some loser just tries to take advantage of this to win, we will all rage quit. You can vote for other stages too. We must play fair. As an example that the MK7 community can play without the glitch, I rigged the drop-off point with a bob-bomb, and 4 other players went the normal way with me. There is hope. We can win without the glitch. Join all of us (well, at this time, only me) now in Mario Kart 7.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Vincent294

Say yes below to show your support against using the Maka Wuhu glitch to win.

Vincent294

SarcasticWisdom

The reason i actually found out about the glitch is because i was in a match with 2 of my friends and they decided to push me off the map at the cave entrance. I fell off waiting for 8th Place but i apparently cleared half the map and is now in 1st.
At school the next day i got kicked in the groin for doing the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

LzWinky

jasonlovestwinkies wrote:

The reason i actually found out about the glitch is because i was in a match with 2 of my friends and they decided to push me off the map at the cave entrance. I fell off waiting for 8th Place but i apparently cleared half the map and is now in 1st.
At school the next day i got kicked in the groin for doing the Maka Wuhu glitch.

You deserve it. NO EXCUSES!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sam_Loser2

I don't run into this track online as much as I hear others do, but my policy is this: I play the track normally, never using the glitch. I keep an eye out on the map so if I see anyone use the glitch, I turn off my game at that moment. I'm under the impression that creates a communication error, making me a jerk if I'm right and a fool if I'm not. I'm fine with the former.

My 3DS friend code is: 2750-1101-5534

I am The Guy. I got all the shiny trinkets. Perfect score on every Yoshi's Island level. I beat Dark Link. Basically, I'm Awesome.

Nope, not coincided at all.

Neonpowerstar

@VincentV Unfortunately, I can't join your community (I can't join any communities right now), but I like your idea and I will support you if by some miracle I happen to race against you online. You should call your group the AMPOGA (Association of Mario kart Players Opposed to Glitch Abuse). However, I don't think rage quitting when someone uses the glitch is the best idea. By quitting you're just admitting defeat. Instead how about this:
"If someone uses the glitch, we will NOT use it. Instead we will ignore the glitch user and race normally for 2nd. In the next race we will use as many of our items as possible against the glitcher, not each other. We will use those items at the worst possible time for him/her, push him/her of the track whenever possible, and in general target him/her until he/she is in 8th. Once the glitcher has been knocked into 8th, we can race normally, but those in the lower positions will have to take responsibility for forcing the glitcher back to 8th whenever he/she tries to pass one of us. The goal is to get the glitcher to finish last and/or quit. If Maka Wuhu happens to be picked again, we will all get to the drop-off point as quickly as possible and set up and item blockade with bananas, shells, stars, etc. As soon as the blockade is complete, we will continue racing normally. Those of us who happen to receive items not suitable for blockading the glitcher (mushrooms, thunderbolts, etc.) will wait at the glitch point and defend against any attacks from the glitcher until the blockade is complete. The glitcher will hopefully be delayed long enough so that we will have a chance to catch up to him/her when he/she does use the glitch successfully. These strategies will only succeed if all of us cooperate and support each other to take down the glitcher. Fight back against those who seek to use the glitch to get cheap wins."
So yeah...basically just troll glitchers as much as possible and assist each other in doing so. We can do this if enough of you help.
@LordIz Come on...cut him some slack. It's not his is fault if someone decides to hit him with a star and knock him into the water at the glitch point.
It happened to me once as well...
@Sam_Loser2 Unfortunately turning off your system doesn't affect anyone else, the only thing that happens is you lose 20 VR. If you're fine with that, that's OK but I just wanted to make sure you knew. However, under certain circumstances I believe turning off your wireless router and quickly turning it back on will cause you to get 1st and everyone else to get disconnected. I wouldn't recommend doing that, though; it affects everyone, not just the glitcher, and you might create a lot of enemies that way.

Edited on by Neonpowerstar

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are...

Tasuki

This is sad really I want to play MK7 online but with the glitches I know that the cheaters will just aggravate me. Nintendo neglecting to fix such a simple bug and exploit is a reason why people say MS and Sony have better online play.

If its such a problem that they cant patch it why not just do a mass recall of the game and replace it with copies that fix the glitch. Than with the new copies make it so people cant play online with people who own the older copies. There you go problem solve.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

turtlelink

Ironically enough, the people that always glitch when I race usually suck on the other courses

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Action4jackson

I actually like to do the cheat. it helps alout

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

Action4jackson

Though know that everyone knows the glitch its like the first one to jump off the cliff wins

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

Vincent294

gamer4047 wrote:

Though know that everyone knows the glitch its like the first one to jump off the cliff wins

Well, you must stop using it. The crate from Goldeneye (See the topic Funniest Glitches for video, I'm lazy)? That's not too bad. Maka Wuhu? Not so much. It ruins a good course, and some people are reluctant to use it. It's just not fair.

Vincent294

Vincent294

Tasuki wrote:

This is sad really I want to play MK7 online but with the glitches I know that the cheaters will just aggravate me. Nintendo neglecting to fix such a simple bug and exploit is a reason why people say MS and Sony have better online play.

If its such a problem that they cant patch it why not just do a mass recall of the game and replace it with copies that fix the glitch. Than with the new copies make it so people cant play online with people who own the older copies. There you go problem solve.

Good idea. Nintendo needs to make patchable games.

Vincent294

Neonpowerstar

Even if MK7 is completely unpatchable (which I'm assuming it is), there is a simple way for Nintendo to stop any and all use of the Maka Wuhu glitch almost instantly. All they have to do is build a checking function into their servers that disconnects anyone who uses the glitch. Now:
Will this work? Yes, anyone who uses the glitch gets d/c'd and loses 20VR, and they don't get to finish the race. Anyone who was using the glitch to earn VR cheaply instead loses VR. They'll get the message after a few tries.
Will it work quickly? Yes, even the most stubborn players should get the message after they've been d/c'd 25 times and lost 500 VR.
Is is possible? Yes. Nintendo have the ability to disconnect anyone at any time. In fact, they already have some anti-hacking functions that disconnect anyone who stays in one place for too long or repeatedly moves back and forth. So d/c'ing anyone who uses the glitch should be simple.
I don't see why Nintendo can't do this. As a bonus it would also work for other glitches like the Wuhu Loop glitch.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.