Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 3,794

ophone

And the digital version of Death's Door which has been discounted by 50% to €9.99 just now.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Magician

Dawn of the Monsters
Yomawari: Lost in the Dark
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights

Switch Physical Collection - 1,048 games (as of November 27th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ophone

Untitled
Bought used for €8 less than on the label.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Solaine

@Maxenmus Chaos Head Noah, Higurashi Rei, The house in Fata Morgana... that is some good stuff! I like it!

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Maxenmus

Solaine wrote:

@Maxenmus Chaos Head Noah, Higurashi Rei, The house in Fata Morgana... that is some good stuff! I like it!

Thanks. My only gripe is that reading a visual novel takes a tremendously long time, and I don't have all the time in the world to do that. Aside from those I mentioned, I'm also planning to reread Umineko no Naku Koro ni because I stopped reading it at Chapter 7 a long time ago, and I couldn't remember most of the plot by now. And if you're familiar with Umineko's length... it's like reading War and Peace. lol

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1Pineapple

Maxenmus wrote:

it's like reading War and Peace. lol

Okay now I'm interested lol.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

"To dream the impossible dream to fight the unbeatable foe to bear with unbearable sorrow and to run where the brave dare not go."

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

Maxenmus wrote:

it's like reading War and Peace. lol

Okay now I'm interested lol.

Not the content (not that I'm familiar with War and Peace's content anyway); I was referring to its notorious length.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus I was thinking about the length lol (War and Peace is freaking long lol) (also long time no see and sorry about SMT not really working out for you) (I understand)

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

"To dream the impossible dream to fight the unbeatable foe to bear with unbearable sorrow and to run where the brave dare not go."

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

(also long time no see and sorry about SMT not really working out for you) (I understand)

Yeah, it was tragic, what happened with me and SMT, but these things happen, me moving on from things. Something good did come out of it: I now have more time to devote myself to binging those old TV shows I stopped watching because of SMT (Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc.). Guess you could say "and now back to our regularly scheduled programming." lol

Kermit1 wrote:

I was thinking about the length lol (War and Peace is freaking long lol)

Yes, it's one reason I refrained from finishing Umineko for good. It's such a tedious read because the mystery genre isn't my favorite, and there's a lot of mystery elements in there. But I'm recently reminded that there's a lot of horror elements and action-packed witch-fighting too, so it's not really as dull as I remembered, I guess. Higurashi was always my preferred visual novel of the "Naku Koro Ni" franchise, but I do admit that Umineko is the more well-written one with more layers to its characters and plot, even if I don't enjoy it as much.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus I had a falling out with Minecraft of all things, one day my account was gone and I could do nothing to get it back.

(Binging old shows is fun, I just finished Seinfeld, The Office and now I'm going to where no man has gone before with Star Trek)

(Also I'm binging stuff to stop thinking about the wisdom tooth pain since I got them removed yesterday)

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Kermit1Pineapple

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered
Gyph

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

(Binging old shows is fun, I just finished Seinfeld, The Office and now I'm going to where no man has gone before with Star Trek)

That reminds me, I want to watch Star Trek someday too... both TOS and TNG, along with all the movies. Yeesh, so many shows, so little time. And then there are other popular sci-fi shows as well like Battlestar Galactica and Westworld, not to mention less popular but well-written ones like The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and then there's non-sci-fi shows like Deadwood and Six Feet Under. So many shows, so many...

I'm also watching Seinfeld as well. Currently at season 3. It's a great show with good laughs. After which, I might give Curb Your Enthusiasm a try.

Kermit1 wrote:

(Also I'm binging stuff to stop thinking about the wisdom tooth pain since I got them removed yesterday)

Yeah, wisdom teeth aren't fun. I had mine removed when I was serving conscription in the Singapore army. Had me up all night. One of the worst pain I've ever felt.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus I don't really make lists anymore of what I want to watch, I just let it find me. (Oh and Seinfeld is great, are you watching it on Netflix?)

Yeah, wisdom teeth aren't fun. I had mine removed when I was serving conscription in the Singapore army. Had me up all night. One of the worst pain I've ever felt.

Untitled
I feel your pain........ lol

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

(Oh and Seinfeld is great, are you watching it on Netflix?)

Yeah, I'm watching it on Netflix. Breaking Bad too.

Maxenmus

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus Turns out Seinfeld on Netflix is (to not nerd you out) cropped in a way that hides some of the visual jokes. Kinda like what happened with The Simpsons on Disney+, but Disney fixed the problem... Netflix hasn't said a word yet.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

Kermit1 wrote:

@Maxenmus Turns out Seinfeld on Netflix is (to not nerd you out) cropped in a way that hides some of the visual jokes. Kinda like what happened with The Simpsons on Disney+, but Disney fixed the problem... Netflix hasn't said a word yet.

Ugh, that sucks. Reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I remember that the blu-ray version cropped it as well (against Whedon's wishes), but I can't really remember if the Disney+ version cropped it or not. I'm pretty sure both Buffy and Angel were cropped as well.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus The world of cropping is a dark and deep world. (I made a joke lol)

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

NintendoByNature

Bayonetta 3. Well, I actually ordered it years ago, but I was charged now since it shipped!

NintendoByNature

SpaceMonkey86

Metroid Dread while on sale last week.
Just started it tonight.

SpaceMonkey86

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic