Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 4,672

KilloWertz

@CJD87 Yeah, I guess sometimes it might be easy to forget that some of these re-released games are at least a decade old. XC:DE is still a pretty good game, but maybe only still a 9/10 or so for people who have to 100% games. Nothing wrong with being a solid 8/10 game though after 12 years.

I will do so. I put it in earlier to see if there was an update for it just for the hell of it and there wasn't, which was surprising.

@Ralizah I look forward to experiencing a much more all around experience whenever I do play XC3. Your description of the side quests reminds me of recent games like Horizon Forbidden West or even Cyberpunk 2077 where the side content was just as good as the story portion of the game. That helps elevate good games into great games.

Imagine going from the 3DS to a little dot?

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Ralizah

@KilloWertz Oh hush, you formatting pedant!

Can't speak to HFW or Cyberpunk, but, going with similar examples I have played, I'd put the side-quests above the ones in Horizon Zero Dawn, but maybe a little below the ones in The Witcher 3. They're really good.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KilloWertz

@Ralizah I'm not the one that screwed up my post...

That seems reasonable. The ones in Horizon Forbidden West are definitely better than Zero Dawn (not that they were bad in Zero Dawn). Like what you've said about XC3, a decent portion of the side quests have their own stories that make them seem like mini-main stories.

Strange that I have been putting down the side quests in Xenoblade Chronicles when I did several ones today in Fallen Arm, but overall I can't say the side quest portion of the game has aged well. I look forward to experiencing much better ones in the series eventually.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Tounushi

Got the Cowabunga collection the past friday. Had a great nostalgia run with the SNES Turtles in Time. Then I tried out the arcade games and the SEGA game.
Couple of things that surprised me: How much smoother the arcade games were than the SNES title, and how much the SNES title added to Turtles in Time. Seeing as how the first arcade title was in '89, it really took over a half-decade (not century) for home consoles to catch up to that. The experience of playing Turtles in Time arcade and SNES titles and Hyperstone Heist was interesting, since I saw how much there was in sharing assets between the three games, and how much they remixed the levels and bosses.
Currently going through the first NES game and I finally understand why people hate the water level in it.
I thank the developers for including the strategy guides in the collection.

Edited on by Tounushi

Tounushi

Nintendo Network ID: Tounushi

JokerCK

ONE PIECE: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition ( $4 easy pick)

JokerCK

Ryu_Niiyama

Cowabunga Collection.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ninfan

Just bought bridge constructor portal. Its on sale for 3 euro 74 cent down from 15 euro. Didn't bother with the physical release

Ninfan

Lony85

I picked up Switch Sports for the wife and a double dose of Turtle Power for myself in Shredder's Revenge and the Cowabunga Collection.

Lony85

Switch Friend Code: SW-7613-6555-4505

Ralizah

Splatoon 3. Actually only happen to cost $20 for me, so I'm pretty happy with how this purchase panned out.

Ryu_Niiyama

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Vol 3.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Fizza

@Ralizah Firstly, HOW DID YOU GET IT FOR $20?!

Secondly, glad you're jumping on the Splatoon wagon as well! I plan on getting it sometime very soon (maybe even tomorrow if I'm lucky) as well so maybe we'll come across each other in matches, who knows XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Ralizah How bro!? If all works out, hope to get my copy tomorrow.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

@Fizza @Snatcher

I've bought all the Splatoon games at launch to date. Very fun series. I think I have you guys in my friends list, so I should probably see y'all in the lobby.

So, base price for the game is $60. I gameshare with my nephew. I was originally gonna grab it physically (which was how I bought both previous games), but he didn't want to have to wait to borrow it off of me, so we agreed to a 40/20 split, and I'd have the game on my account.

So that's $40 left.

Then I redeemed Microsoft Rewards points I had for Amazon credit, and coverted those into a $20 reward code.

Thus, only cost me $20 out of pocket. Even less if you count the double gold coins ($6 equivalent) I got for preordering digitally, although I'll just count that off my next digital purchase instead, since they can't be applied to the purchase that gives them to you.

Edited on by Ralizah

Snatcher

@Ralizah Wow! What A deal!

We should set up a NL team if we have the players.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@Ralizah I have @Snatcher but I don't believe I have you. What's your Switch username again? I'll be able to check whether I have you added or not by it (and if not, I'll give you my FC as soon as I get home from school today).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Fizza Same as on here. My FC is in my sig, so just add me if you don't already have me in your list

Edited on by Ralizah

gcunit

Ah, the good old internet practice of pretending you got a great deal but really you paid regular price, just used different currencies (e.g. vouchers/loyalty point scheme). Gotta love it 😜

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BeyondKnight

Pac-Man World Re-Pac
Splatoon 3
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon
Preordered Pokemon Scarlet

Edited on by BeyondKnight

BeyondKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic