Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 3,700

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama sounds like you have your super robot fix then. I’ve never tried either as yet. One day.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Ryu_Niiyama

@JoeDiddley oh yeah I have every game in the series that has come out on switch. I am so grateful the switch is region free.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama I’ve just finally got access to the means to play Japanese games on 3DS, I’m glad that Nintendo let the Switch be region free. It also means they get my money.

Teksetter

JoeDiddley wrote:

I’m glad that Nintendo let the Switch be region free. It also means they get my money.

I agree - the lack of region lock is one of my favorite things about the Switch (and my old DS). It's been glorious importing games from Japan and the UK and being able to play things like Super Robot Taisen without the Japanese hardware.

My latest Switch purchase is TMNT: Shredder's Revenge from Signature Edition games in the UK, incidentally (I'm in the US).

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

JoeDiddley

@Teksetter I totally agree.

On a different note I prefer to buy physical but once I’ve bought a game digitally I won’t go back and buy it again released physically later. So living in England it was painful seeing Shredder’s Revenge on the shelves recently.

NotTelevision

Got Cult of the Lamb despite being slightly underwhelmed by the trailers they put out before the game’s launch. I like it so far. My initial worry was that the two genres it stitches together would make it a mess of convoluted game systems and playing it needlessly complex.

Overall it’s actually quite simple and I was able to get into the gameplay loop within the first 45 minutes.

NotTelevision

Teksetter

JoeDiddley wrote:

I prefer to buy physical but once I’ve bought a game digitally I won’t go back and buy it again physically

I can relate! Physical is my first choice too, so I’m always stubbornly waiting for physical announcements while everyone else buys off the eShop and enjoys the latest games.
I’ve only double-dipped on a few titles I was impatient for or just really liked, like Hades, Necrodancer, Enter the Gungeon, MH Rise, and Darkest Dungeon. Oh, and Carrion, but that was because they gave a free download code to everyone who preordered the physical. I wish more publishers would be so kind!

(player name is Beesh)

JoeDiddley

@Teksetter the first 3 I bought digitally, I’m too impatient to wait for a physical usually.

Disco Elysium I waited as I knew it needed more time in the oven with patches. At least the physical was in a better state when it came out. My love of physical is undermined a bit thinking of how games are tweaked and evolve and we’re no longer preserving anything final.

Teksetter

@JoeDiddley
Yes it’s discouraging how often games are patched and expanded after release, and usually none of it is printed on the cart. And the crazy sales on the eShop are hard to pass up sometimes. Still, I like having the ability to lend games to family or friends, or gift them.

Disco Elysium is one I bought on cart but it’s just languishing in the backlog, like so many other quality titles. My appetite for games is way more than the time I have to play them, sadly!
Next game due to arrive for me is KOTOR, where it’ll join XC3 and others in backlog purgatory… 😓

Also I noticed your new avatar - I was fond of the old one that reminded me of Spike from Cowboy Bebop, but I’m sure the SMT high school snowboy will grow on me. 😁

(player name is Beesh)

NeonPizza

Metal Slug 5
I've never played any of the MS games beyond 3, and 5 was going on sale for half the price.
I hear 4-6 were created by a different team over at SNK and are considered inferior to the first few. Many consider 1-3 as the holy moly' trilogy of MS trinitry, and that they are of higher quality.
5 however seems to be a fan favorite, some even preferring it to 2 & X.

Man, i wish SNK juiced up these games and got them running at 60fps with zero slow down...It would make all the frikkin difference.

Untitled

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Magician

Absolute Drift
Two Point Campus
Turrican Anthology Vol. I
Turrican Anthology Vol. II

Switch Physical Collection - 1,006 games (as of September 30th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Maxenmus

@NeonPizza
I've always been fascinated by those games because of all the cool guns I could get, spending lots of coins on them at the arcade, but I could never get good at them or similar bullet hell games. lol They really do require good reflexes and hand-eye coordination.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

JoeDiddley

@Teksetter ha. It really throws me when people change their avatar. But I fancied a change.

I also loved Cowboy Bebop, but the Persona games are coming to Switch perhaps I no longer needed a Persona 4 character, whose colour scheme was a reference to a Persona 5 (and 2) character.

And yes, the backlog struggle is real, a nice problem to have I guess.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

NeonPizza

@Maxenmus
They had a NeoGeo cabinet or two at my local corner store in the early 90's, if I'm remebering correctly, with titles like Metal Slug 1, King of The Monsters, Samurai Showdown etc. King of the Monsters surprisingly was my favorite, but that game has held up horribly(Have it on Switch). Some games are better off left in the past. Nothing wrong with MS1-3 though, I'd say they're nearly timeless, 'nearly' if it weren't for the 30fps cap and crazy slow down.

They're difficult games no doubt. MS2 will give you a run for it's money. Trying to beat that one in the Arcade probably ended up costing the player the same amount as what you'd pay for a brand spanking new PS1 game at the time.

Edited on by NeonPizza

SigourneyBeaver

Green Hell. I was so close to buying it in the recent Steam survival sale but happy to get it on Switch at a huge discount

Sigourney Beaver.

NeonPizza

World Heroes Perfect
Untitled

I went for Perfect since it's considered the best in the franchise, even though our local corner store had World Heroes 2 back in the early whirly 90's at One point before the store owners moved & were replaced by a bunch of goober heads that stopped getting cool arcades in towards the later 90's. Yet WH2 wasn't exactly ever considered great or top shelf amongst my friends and schoolmates.

The crown jewel went to none other than 'Surprise, surprise' > Street Fighter II/Turbo Hyper Fighting, then Mortal Kombat and maybe Fatal Fury 2 taking a distant third. Speaking of FF2, KIm's Stage theme is the stuff of legends! Have a listy' listen > 0:32 is when it absolutely peaks. Hands down one of the greatest Fighter themes of all time. Makes me want to kick some tail and hadouken a grizzly Bear.

Edited on by NeonPizza

kkslider5552000

Bought Live a Live, which until the end of the year, will be my 3rd or 2nd to last retail Switch purchase this year, I think.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

TommyTendo

Pre-ordered Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 with NSO Vouchers
EDIT: I also bought the Nintendo Switch OLED Splatoon 3 Edition, Splatoon 3 Pro Controller and Splatoon 3 Carry Case.

Edited on by TommyTendo

ophone

Had this yesterday in the mail:
Untitled

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Barbiegurl777

Police Heroine Love Patrina Nintendo Switch:

Untitled

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic