Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,429

Daniel14

Picked up NFS Hot Pursuit to bring back some memories. Wondering if I should finally go for Mario Kart, after resisting it for so many years... Physical copy from Amazon is at 46 Euros. Is it a good price?

Daniel14

RubyCarbuncle

No More Heroes 3. Loved the previous 2 games on Wii, have only just started this one so can't really judge it yet.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

WaveBoy

Resident Evil Zero Remaster
Had it on the Gamecube in the early 2000's, and finally beat it on the Wii years with the Archives release. It's definitely Lower-Tier Old School Resident Evil, with a terrible lead(Rebecca!), goofy main Villain that looks as if he was peeled out of a Final Fantasy game, lack luster bosses(minus the failed Tyrant) but it has a few redeemable qualities > Brooding atmosphere, great visuals, Failed Tyrant Boss, Ability to drop items, Leech Monsters, train section and the love it or hate it Dual Item Inventory/management system. It spanks the utter sh** show that was RE6 at least and can almost go toe to toe with Code Veronica. I think i favor Zero over RE5 these days too.

I just can't get on board with RE5 anymore, everything from the ugly visuals & art direction, the inclusion of Sheva(Take my shot one more time...), terrible atmosphere and Single Player partner system just doesn't fly with me. The first two trailers of RE5 looked like an entirely different beast and were promising, but they just had to ruin it because of the racist based back lash and mikami leaving the project. And even though I'm not the biggest fan of what I've played of Revelations 2, i still would of nabbed it on Switch if it weren't for the 30fps cap. Got it on PS4 instead and will most likely never play it again. lol How can you possibly go back to that thing after experiencing something like the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Others >

Steamworld Dig 2 - (Not a fan, in the minority I know. Extremely well crafted and polished mind you)
Figment - (Nice visuals...But the dumbed down 3D Zelda combat, slow paced controls & Horrible indie nirvana rock kill the experience. Deleted.)
Darius Cozmic Collection - (Mainly for Gaiden. Awesome stuff!)
Huntdown - (Blade Runner Cartoon infused 80's synth driven run & gun mayhem. me likey! A lot of work went into this one.)
Gunbird - (Good stuff! One of my favorite Shoot em' ups)
Romancing Saga 2 - (Not too crazy over the art style and setting...I actually prefer it's sequel)
Romancing Saga 3 - (Has more style, flash and cooler Animated enemy designs. Keeping 3, ditching 2)

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

DennisNOR

Pre ordered kirby and mario strikers.
Bought disco elysium on sale

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

SigourneyBeaver

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
Rise Eterna

Sigourney Beaver.

Helios26

Astral Chain & Lego City Undercover (Sale)

FAVOURITE GAME: Super Mario Odyssey
FAVOURITE OST: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Noconfidenceman

@WaveBoy

I picked up Resident Evil Revelations a few days ago in the Eshop sale. I’ve just finished it today and I really enjoyed it. It looks amazing on the Switch OLED as well, it's funny because I had bought it a few times on the 3ds but always bounced off it.

It’s the first resident evil game that I’ve finished, I think the short episodic structure really helped me get into it. I've played games like 1 and 8 but I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to horror. I think playing it in handheld mode helped due to the smaller screen and the knowledge that I could just put it down at any time haha.

Noconfidenceman

MarioBrickLayer

I picked up the XCOM 2 Collection in the sales for £1.89!! It should have been £3.99 (90% off!) but I had some gold points.

MarioBrickLayer

I-U

Bought the Happy Home Paradise DLC for Animal Crossing: New Horizons and pre-ordered the Mario Kart 8 DLX DLC

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

RenanKJ

I've been playing more on Nintendo Switch lately, so I bought the Switch Pro Controller to avoid pain my wrist after long sessions. Hope it's as good as reviews say.

RenanKJ

Magician

Kaze and the Wild Masks
Going Under
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse

Switch Physical Collection - 941 games (as of May 20th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

mike3

Action Arcade Wrestling, it’s a lot of fun! Just released a few days ago for Switch

mike3

ElRoberico

I'm planning to pick something up this weekend, and it's either going to be a physical copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Bug Fables. All depends on winning a bid on eBay and/or a retro game store still having that physical copy of Bug Fables still in stock.

Currently playing: Kirby and the Forgotten Land

NintendoByNature

@OldManHermit man I really want it. Looks amazing bur there's literally no time for it right now with what's on my plate and triangle strategy more than likely being day 1.

NintendoByNature

JasmineDragon

I just bought Raiden IV Mikado Remix. Yay!

Amazon missed the delivery date! Boo!

Delivered the next day and delivered two copies! Double Yay!!

... except one copy had been cut open and the cartridge was missing. Which is probably why the original delivery date was missed. Boo again!

This is why I love Amazon. Every time you buy a game, they generously throw in some extra pre-game excitement. Such added value! Thank you Jeff!! 😉

(Game is good though)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

TommyTendo

Uses a NSO Voucher for Kirby and Mario Strikers.

TommyTendo

WaveBoy

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid
Runs in 120fps on Series X and looks a little more polished, But i still want this on Switch OLED
to play on the go while I'm saving the planet from Rita Repulsa's Putty pandemic. Would be killer if somebody like Capcom or even Arc Systems helmed the sequel and gave it their all instead of settling for another budget ranger friendly affair.

Others >

Super Punch-Out!! (ArcadeArchives) - It's about time. I haven't played Punch-Out Arcade since i was 5.
Double Dragon (ArcadeArchives)
Tanuki Justice
Alwa's Awakening
Alwa's Legacy

Edit: So I played all of the above for over 30 minutes each. early Conclusion? Avoid Alwa's Awakening at all costs. Alwa's 'Legacy' is definitely a step up in nearly every department but even then the controls feel too cumbersome and the visuals(although much better than Awakening) seem a little amateur at spots. I'm just not having any fun with either. Meanwhile, Power Rangers BFTG is one of the messiest, most chaotic, unintuitive and sloppiest fighters around. Switch port has frame rate issues here and there too. If anything, I'm digging the Character selection & visually speaking, the characters themselves look pretty nice. All 3 deleted. lol $38 down the drain.

I'm having a good time with Tanuki Justice though, along with Super Punch-Out!! and to a lesser extent Double D. I still prefer the NES port, but i had to get DD Arcade solely out of nostalgia. The only thing that's missing is an arcade stick smacked with Slurpee & pizza stains.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Helios26

Lego Marvel Heroes & Lego Ninjago.

FAVOURITE GAME: Super Mario Odyssey
FAVOURITE OST: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Magician

Deathsmiles I & II
Romancing Saga 2
Kamen Rider: Memory of Heroez
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis
Perky Little Things
Hentai vs. Evil
Starlink: Battle for Atlas (75% off on eShop)

Switch Physical Collection - 941 games (as of May 20th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic