Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,302

Dezzy

So what are the odds this ends up getting delayed? I assume we would've heard something by now if it was.

Given that I'm completely done with FF7 remake, this is my next big game. They're bizarrely similar games to me in that they're epic character-driven RPGs, where I happen to already know the story, except for some minor new stuff.

The difference here is that I hope they change more, so it feels newer to me. Whereas with FF7, I wish they'd changed less.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoeDiddley

@Dezzy I do worry more that my online order from the Nintendo store won’t ship as quickly as it usually would under current circumstances. A release delay seems less likely, it should be locked and loaded.

I keep telling myself I have plenty to play, I’m a grown up, it doesn’t matter. But the wait is killing me already!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Grumblevolcano

I'd guess if we hear a delay it'll be made closer to launch so like 2-3 weeks before with things like whether lockdowns are extended past the release date being factors. I think a lot of games being scheduled for late May and early June were developers predicting that lockdowns would be lifted by then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

riki_sidekicks

The game is virtually finished and I presume Nintendo's programmers can work from home, so I wouldn't expect any delays on that end.

Production and distribution issues could delay the physical release, either worldwide or in some specific countries. I don't know if they would delay the download due to issues with the physical version.

riki_sidekicks

Tyranexx

The closer we get to the release date, the less likely I believe it'll be moved. My main concern is that there will be shipping delays. I want it day one, something I don't do often. I'm planning to take the release day off of work but haven't filed for it yet in fear that it'll be postponed in some way.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

Yeah, we have a date and the game appeared to be largely finished. I doubt they'd change it now. It's not impossible but not likely. I could see physical copies being delayed though. That'd be extremely abnormal, but what right now is normal?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ralizah

I do hope, if push comes to shove, that physical distribution problems don't end up delaying the digital release of the game, like they ostensibly did with TLOU Part II.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect any huge changes to the game's mechanics or structure. The music is tweaked, the visuals have been completely overhauled, and it's likely there'll be a number of QoL improvements, but it should just feel like a polished, prettied up version of the original.

As an aside, it's amazing how many high-profile remakes we're getting this year. Trials of Mana, FF7 Remake, Xenoblade DE, RE3make, etc.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

If physical release date gets delayed but digital release date is unchanged, I'll just double dip.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

This will actually be my 4th time buying this game. XD I bought the Wii version - which I gave to my friend before I moved away. Then I bought the 3DS version - which I ultimately did not like - cramming the game onto the 3DS may be a technical marvel but it was never meant to be on such a small screen. And then I bought a digital copy on Wii U.

I might have a problem. XD

Dezzy

Heavyarms55 wrote:

cramming the game onto the 3DS may be a technical marvel but it was never meant to be on such a small screen.

Lol, it was technically meant to be played in 480p though, so it looked terrible on a big TV as well!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zeldafan79

A game like Xenoblade on a handheld? Get outta here! Like who thought that was a good idea? When i get the remaster I'm playing on my big ass TV!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

darkfenrir

I'll play it on handheld probably almost all the time! Unless I want to let my mom see what is happening (without her understanding the dialogue) that is.

darkfenrir

BruceCM

Yeah, you should seek help immediately, @Heavyarms55 .... Although I know someone who's pre-ordered the American SE, is trying to find some way to import the European one & is supposedly planning to get it digitally as well. So, 3 copies of the same game on Switch!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@BruceCM That is going a tad father than me.

BruceCM

Yep, that was about the point, @Heavyarms55 .... They did already play the original, too! I'm only planning to get Standard Switch version myself but I have repurchased other games enough times

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

Breath of the Wild played great in handheld mode, and, honestly, so did Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS. I never understood this need to play games on gigantic TVs. Besides, XC was ugly enough on HDTVs that the reduced size of the 3DS screen only did the game favors. Same reason people generally recommend playing the Switch version of TW3, with its sweeping vistas, in handheld mode.

If I play this primarily on the TV, it'll be due to the fact that I'm stuck at home anyway, and, like XC2, I'm expecting it to be optimized with TV mode in mind. Although hopefully we can avoid those ugly resolution dips to 390p this time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

I'll be playing it on my Switch Lite, @Ralizah .... But hopefully, it'll still look great on TV, for those who want to play that way, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

link3710

@Ralizah I'd say that's likely. All the footage we've seen of docked mode so far has been 968p, which isn't exactly surprising considering it's a Wii Remaster. I highly doubt we'll see anything as low as 390p considering the difference in max res between the two.

link3710

Eric258

Was just able to grab a special edition of this from EB Games. Doesn't include the vinyl but has everything else and is a lot cheaper than importing the collectors edition from Europe. So glad I waited!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic