Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,874

JoeDiddley

@Beaucine thanks. I’ve noticed now getting some side quests is a little different as rather than picking them up directly from people in the colonies, you gain info from them then have to have a conversation at a rest place separately afterwards. It’s the only thing that seems less streamlined than the previous games so far.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Beaucine

@JoeDiddley

I have a love-hate relationship with that. I don't generally want everything in a game to be streamlined. Some modern games are streamlined to the point you're barely playing them. But having to head over to a bench just to have a chat and get the quest icon you're obviously supposed to get is a little cumbersome. At the same time, though, it does sell the idea that you truly belong to a party of people and need to sit down, discuss matters, and agree on what to do next. It's kind of immersive. I think the developers are clearly going for intentional clunkiness here. Obviously, most modern games would just give you the quest straight out: that's the standard. This fireside-chat mechanic is going explicitly against that trend, which is both annoying and interesting. I'm undecided.

Beaucine

Ralizah

Wow, ch. 5 is... quite the change of pace, isn't it?

It's interesting so far. I have to say, of all the Xenoblade games I've played to date, this is the one that comes closest to hitting similar vibes to their Playstation-era Xeno games. Just add in more references to christian gnosticism and you're practically there.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jedgamesguy

I've got to say.. I really don't like Sena all that much. Feels like she's underdeveloped compared to the other guys.

Having said that I just started Chapter 5 so maybe she'll get her time.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Skitrules

I just reached chapter 7 and this game is absolutely fantastic. I probably should change my photo though too my fave main character from this game, can anyone guess who that might be?

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

Mioaionios

@Ralizah
Chapter 5 surprised me in all the good ways. So far, it's my favorite chapter of the game.

@TheJGG
You're not wrong in thinking Sena is the least developed character of the six. I really like her personality though.

@Skitrules
Let me guess. Lanz?

Mioaionios

kennykenny

Is there a way to know if you've 100%-ed the game? Is it tracked somewhere? I am at 117 hours and I think I've finished all the side quests.

kennykenny

TommyTendo

SwitchForce wrote:

Those doing speed run are for spoilers and how to play but not to enjoy the game. I am takin my time to progress I only got to chapter 3.

That is how I enjoy games. To me, story is the most important part of a game.
I don't really care for exploring.

Matt_Barber

I've watched a few Xenoblade speed runs and it's pretty impressive that every game in the series can be finished in around four hours.

The people who've done so will have had to make hundreds of runs to get it down to that though, as well as keeping track of all the exploits and short cuts that others have come up with. That's way more dedication that just 100%-ing them would be, and they've all probably done that too just to see if it leads to anything they could do to improve a run.

Matt_Barber

jedgamesguy

I’ve finished Chapter 5… probably the first game I’ve played that has left me completely lost for words. They pulled a No Time To Die. And saw it through.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mioaionios

@TheJGG
Everyone who gets to that point seems to react in a similar way, myself included.

Mioaionios

Truegamer79

I don't know what it is with me and Rpgs but i often find myself overwhelmed with all the complicated battle tactics and other features in the games. Like in Xenoblade 3 i just got to the part where you can start doing chain attacks and i just can't wrap my head around it. I've gone through the training and i still don't feel like i know what I'm doing.

Like for example the thing with tactical points, are you supposed to get the number as high as possible or keep it below 99? I keep getting a "cool" rating but nothing higher. Can someone better explain this or am i just slow? The training tutorial isn't making things exactly clear on that.

I suppose you could still get through the game without mastering all the techniques or combat strategies but I'd really like to go into battles with more confidence that I'm doing things correctly.

Truegamer79

JoeDiddley

You can try higher than cool? I’m the same but at least I can trigger them, unlike the equivalent in Xenoblade 2.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Vortexeo

@Truegamer79

Chain attacks in Xenoblade can definitely take a little bit to understand but I find them pretty fun once I understand how they work!

You're supposed to get the number as high as possible during chain attacks. When you go over 100% it'll only give you back 1 party member that you just used. However, if you get it up to 150% you'll get a "bravo" and 2 party members you used back. If you get the number up to 200% you'll get "amazing" and 3 party members back. Every time a party member returns they'll have higher tactical points than the first time around.

When you kill an enemy with a chain attack you'll come across this pretty cool mechanic called "overkill bonus". Doing this will allow you to increase the amount of exp gained from the battle so it becomes a lot easier to level up.

I'd recommend watching this video if you want to see everything in action (since you just got chain attacks I think only the first 10 minutes are relevant for you right now):

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Balta666

@Truegamer79 @Vortexeo has explain it fairly well. I will just add that it is quite hard to do massive numbers with the first Heroes unlocked. Check what which hero does (as all have different gimick) and take advantage of it.

P.s: I particularly like one that will guarantee 150% (bravo) whenever he is the one finishing

P.p.s: bear in mind also that attackers receive a 125% bonus when they are the first and healers will never go above 99%

Edited on by Balta666

Vortexeo

@Truegamer79 I also want to add that each class has it's own role in a chain attack:

Attacker classes, have the "First Blood" ability. If you use an attacker first in a chain attack it'll grant 25% more tactical points to them.

Healer classes, have the "Point Limit" ability, which hard caps the completion bonus to 99%. (I normally use the healer classes second in a chain attack because capping at 99% is helpful when going for 150% or 200%)

Defender classes, have the "Back in Action" ability. If they are used as the last attack to complete an order, they ensure that of the reactivated characters, the one with the most TP will always be reactivated.

Important note: this only applies to your main party and not the heroes that join you. Heroes have their own unique abilities during a chain attack.

Edit: @Balta666 covered some of this already lol

Edited on by Vortexeo

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Truegamer79

@Vortexeo

Okay thanks I'm starting to understand now! I'll keep at it and hopefully get good at this. It is an awesome game! I just feel like when it comes to RPGs i do enjoy them but sometimes they make my brain hurt with all the different things you have to learn. Thanks for the tips!

Truegamer79

Skitrules

@Mioaionios it's actually Taion lol. I love when characters act clever which I felt like Zeke was really clever and not as much of a hunk as Lanz. Also Taions total nerdiness is just fantastic. That being said I think this party as a whole might beat out Xeno 2 for my favorite party.

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

Mioaionios

@Skitrules
Nice to meet a Taion fan. He's a great character.
And yes, XC3's main cast is the best one yet of any Xenoblade game imo.

Mioaionios

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic