Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,872

Mrkittyhead

@GreenTea I Hope they do make a part two to 3 eventually. Maybe now the worlds are split we could have sequels to the first and second games too, though I don’t know if they would do that for us.😅

Mrkittyhead

GreenTea

@Mrkittyhead Gosh I would do anything for a Xenoblade 3-2, come on pull a Final Fantasy on us Monolith Soft I want more from these characters! 😭
I hope having a few returning characters for new games becomes the norm, even though I feel Melia and Nia were underutilised (haven't done the post-game though so hopefully I'm proven wrong) seeing them again was the HYPEST thing I had seen, it was too cool for it to be a one time thing

I honestly wonder where they'll take the series btw, like going with two new separate games in each world feels weird, especially if Noah Mio and co. (MY CHILDREN😭) stay separated, we need them to reunite! If they re-merge the worlds again I'm sure Noah throwing his sword, and everyone's hopes along with it, in the ocean at the end will have something to do with it.

Anyway, whatever Monolith gives us next, if it's as good as XC3, I'm on board, that game was Fantastic.

Edited on by GreenTea

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

Madao

There is definitely potential for a prequel and a sequel. XC1 got a sequel, XC2 got a prequel, so it will be interesting to see what they go with for the expansion.

I doubt that we will see separate sequels for the two worlds. I can see them making a game/expansion where you play both worlds with the characters from all the games in parallel, working towards saving the two worlds from destruction. Not sure though who the enemy would be, I imagine both worlds are relatively peaceful, but they can always come up with something, Z was quite abstract anyway. A prequel seems like an easier endeavour story-wise for an expansion.

Madao

Tyranexx

@GreenTea, @Mrkittyhead You're welcome! Your posts indicate that you've both mastered spoiler tags.

I too would hope to see the DLC story be either a prequel or a sequel....There's plenty of potential both ways. Not sure on a full XC3-2 sequel, but I wouldn't complain as long as it would be handled sensibly.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Takoda

I’d very much welcome another protagonist, just like XC2’s DLC, or a returning character taking charge but in a brand new context. Just… anything but Noah or Mio. I really liked the rest of the cast but I do not need more of those two as main characters. Kind of just like how I found Rex ‘just okay’ and really liked Lora.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Ralizah

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika It's unfortunate that they lock the feature where you can raise or lower your characters' levels to post-game and NG+. It'd be a really useful feature on the first playthrough.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Matt_Barber

Dare I say this but if you're so over-leveled that you can't find enemies to level up your classes against, you should probably just make a beeline for Origin and finish the game. Attempting to knock off all of the side content first is just going to make the ending an anticlimax.

If you absolutely must max out a class before then, you could always seek out a high level unique monster to farm.

Matt_Barber

VoidofLight

I don't think Xenoblade 3 should have a direct sequel. At least, not with these characters. I like how the ending is uncertain on if they'll meet again, and it goes well with the game's theme, so I don't want them to compromise it with an epilogue.

The DLC is most likely going to be a prequel, given how there's quite a bit of stuff that happened in the history of Aionios that feels like a teaser.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

WaffleBoat

I still need to play this but it scares me because of how long it is. That and I don’t have much motivation for it. Why play xenoblade when I can play my weekly play though of deltarune instead (I have a problem just can’t get enough of that [hyperlink blocked])

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

kyleforrester87

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika you can level down after reaching the end and loading your final save, you don’t need to do a NG+. As recommended above, just go for the ending then enjoy all the side content jumping between whatever level you want at your leisure.

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@VoidofLight Yup. I really want them to preserve the melancholy uncertainty of the ending.

I'm MUCH more interested in stuff that takes place prior to the game. What's the deal with Noah's kid? Or the Founders? The Founders feel like they should be important. There's a lot of background lore to patch up.

VoidofLight

@Ralizah I actually noticed too that N's sword is left behind when he dies in the scene where he leaves his kid. Usually, the weapons generally disappear with the death of the person, but for some reason it remained.. which makes me wonder if the DLC is going to be a proper explanation on what Lucky 7 is, and if the sword N had was passed down to Noah years down the road.

Madao

So with teaser for the expansion having dropped. That is grown up Rex with Shulk isn't it?
Maybe a pre-world merge story-line?

Edit: But wait, there is also grown up Noah in there? What is going on. We might actually see the end of this storyline then.

Edited on by Madao

Madao

Matt_Barber

Surely nobody thought that they'd just got Adam Howden back to voice the Nopon Archsage?

Matt_Barber

Takoda

That teaser had me more interested than 3’s entire plot so far (in terms of xenoblade as a whole). But yeah, that was probably a grown up Rex.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Mrkittyhead

And Alvis too! He was holding the Monado, and seem to be an antagonist. In one of the shots you can see Gaur Plain, and it looks almost exactly like it did in DE!!! I’m so excited!

Mrkittyhead

Tyranexx

Having played/finished all the main Xenoblade titles, the story teaser made me so SO glad I decided to wait on the DLC. A lot of the extras up to now have been nice, but nothing screamed "buy this!" at me. Mind officially changed.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Vortexeo

I didn't get to type up anything since I had to go to work immediately after the direct but OMG man!

I love XC3 on its own, I think it's a fantastic stand alone game. But I'm not gonna lie, considering that so many people were talking about XC3 being the conclusion of Klaus's story I was surprised at how small the references were for XC1 and XC2. This story expansion though.... omg...I genuinely can't wait!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

VoidofLight

@Madao The one dude isn't Noah. It's one of the founders. This is a prequel DLC that takes place before the main story of 3, and it seems to be right after the two worlds combined

Ralizah

The story expansion footage was pretty disappointing, not gonna lie. All 15 seconds of it, lol. They just feel like they're pandering to fans of the original game again. Might give this a pass if future trailers aren't improved.

I'll be forcing my way through XCDE this year anyway, because I own the game and might as well try and complete it for a third time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic