Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,621 to 3,630 of 3,630

Dezzy

Oh yeah Leftheria is by far the best. Probably my favourite location in all 3 of the Xenoblade games actually. Something very heavenly about it. They're just geniuses at world design and the way they can make you feel the sense of a place through its design and music.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Rexenoboy

I'm honestly a bit surprised with the responses so far. I was under the impression that the Leftherian Archipelago wasn't that beloved. I've seen it described as being boring and empty by many. Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves this place so much. 😊

@Knighty_IX
You described the Archipelago particularly well. Good job! I love Temperantia as well for being this big hunting ground, especially at later levels it becomes quite fun to roam around in.

@Dezzy
Monolith Soft sure are great at world building. I can't wait to see what they come up with in their next game.

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

Dezzy

@Rexenoboy

Yeah it is boring and empty, but I think that fits with the whole theme of the place. It's the "safehouse" you find along the way on your dangerous journey. It works because it's a temporarily pause in the story pacing.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Matt_Barber

I liked Mor Ardain most because it's got a real steampunk vibe going on.

Still, Leftheria is the one place in the game that's free of corruption and decay so I can see why so many would like it.

Matt_Barber

Rexenoboy

@Matt_Barber
I love the atmosphere of Mor Ardain as well. I just wish they had done more with the old factory and industrial districts.

Treasure Acquired

Rexenoboy

Time for the next question:
Who's your favorite Driver/Blade combo?

Mine is Rex/Corvin. I love playing solo with Rex and he's awesome at doing that with Corvin as his blade.
Most playthroughs I pick up Corvin as soon as I can (early chapter 2) and make him my main blade. Once I hit Chapter 4, I go solo with Rex and start wrecking everyone who stands in my way.

Treasure Acquired

Blooper987

@Rexenoboy I haven’t played that far through but Nia and Dromarch are the best in the early game. Both move set and personality wise.

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Knighty_IX

Putting Corvin with Rex is a great way for me to complete driver combos early on in the game. I also have Nia do Break with Crossette, then do a Launch with Nim for fusion combo effects.

Rex is also very good with Megalances, and Wulfric was probably my main attacker in Chapter 4. I gave him an HP Attack Boost aux core, which makes Arts like Strong Horn a great way to start and finish battles in one or two hits for most monsters. Although by postgame (before DLC and patches), I gave Wulfric to Morag for her to perform Smash. I also gave Morag the Graphite Greaves and Jet Pauldrons to increase Topple and Smash damage with Wulfric, and have her start a Blade Combo for Volcano.

Rex with Nia and Pyra may not be most optimal, but they have a really cool Level IV Special together so I tend to have them both on Rex.

I really liked using Greataxes with Zeke, especially with his Berserker Slash. I usually give him either Zenobia or T-elos depending on the composition. Oh and his Eye of Shining Justice is stupidly fun to use with Pandoria.

Tora with Poppi QTπ is a must have for me. Not only is she incredibly powerful, but her Speedy Sword art combined with a Beta/Master Scope accessory is how I managed to get by in a lot of postgame battles.

Knighty_IX

Rexenoboy

@Blooper987
Nia and Dromarch sure have a great dynamic going on. It's also very fun to explore the world riding on Dromarch's back.

@Knighty_IX
I see you've played around quite a bit with drivers and blades. Nice diverse list of combinations you've got there!

Treasure Acquired

Heavyarms55

I've returned to this game after all this time. When I played it when it was new, almost none of the DLC was out yet, so there's quite a bit of new content for me to explore this time. 30 hours have gone by in a heartbeat as this game has pulled me back in hard-core.

They didn't patch out that great core crystal grinding spot in Mor Ardain did they? I just got back there.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic