Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 3,602

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano sometimes i think monolith hates their players and just tries to troll them to see if anyone is actually desperate enough to do it. There must be a camera on the switch so they can just point and laugh, watching us losers that actually waste time on it.

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

You actually can go 99, 99 and ~50 ish for the last one if you just focus on one and not like me doing all 3 at once it seems...

T_T/

She's one of the best though, and awesome to train up the commons since all her quests are 10 minutes, and can be shortened further if you fill in the other requirements.

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir 250 doesn't sound a lot better than 300.... Based on the rate so far that's 80 to 120 Merc missions... That's brutal. It's like mobile f2p level tedium!

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Yeah it's pretty bad. The worst sidequest I've ever probably seen in my life. No defending that one.

At least you get 10 minute Merc Missions (reduced to as low as 2 minutes per mission) so you can just quickly fill out the affinity chart of any Blade you have though. It's how I get every new Blade up to S+ so quickly after they get released.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Yeah it's pretty bad, I actually do it while I'm working so the game is running while I do other stuff

(Can do this only because my work is at home kind of thing)

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

So I guess judging by the Blade List there's 2 Blades left to be announced, 1 expansion pass Blade and 1 free Blade.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

We just need Xenogears representation in some way. I'd like Fei, Elly, or Xenogears itself in some form. We've already got Poppi QTpi a skill literally called Nanomachine Repair, a reference to Emeralda (and Poppi is pretty much just Emeralda, just like how Jin is like Krelian), but I'd like a bit more than that.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Does Square still own Xenogears or is it more like Rare's contribution to the DK franchise?

I don't really think anything but bug fixes will come after the Torna DLC launches but it would be cool to see more.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

I need the Xenogears and Xenosaga games on Switch before I can get hyped for cameos.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano @ReaderRagfish Square owns Xenogears. In fact, Xenogears appeared as a boss in World of Final Fantasy, simply called XG.

Namco owns Xenosaga, but considering Namco likes Nintendo platforms I'm really gunning for a Xenosaga HD collection one day.

Grumblevolcano

So it seems pretty much no direct Xenogears representation because Square owns it (Square's very stingy on licensing, see Midgar only having 2 songs in Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate for example), Xenosaga representation was possible thanks to Namco being on good terms with Nintendo and of course previous Xenoblade games are easy on the licensing side.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

More gameplay of Torna: the Golden Country in ~30 minutes!

But I'll be at work right during this time... damn.

Calling it now: we will get Elma as a Blade and possibly a Xenoblade X port to Switch.

You heard it here first folks.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Grumblevolcano

I'm glad I finished the DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids yesterday, back to Xenoblade 2 when the update hits later today.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Shhhh. They don't need to know that. :^]

EvilLucario

So Elma is releasing now.

But I'm stuck at work for the next 8 hours.

Trajan

What was the surprise? I'm at work and can't watch right now.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

EvilLucario

@Trajan Elma as a Blade.

jtmnm

Anyone have a strategy for the Elma: Redux challenge? That's how you unlock her for outside use, for those who don't know.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@jtmnm Control Rex with Mythra, a Dark Blade (T-elos is my go-to), and Fiora. Slap an Avant-Garde Medal, Overclocking Bangle, and a damage-boosting accessory. Make sure you have Tora and Poppi ­­­QTpi for Break. You can have Nia as your dedicated healer, but I ran Zeke for extra damage.

Build Specials with Mythra by spamming Rolling Smash, then swap to T-elos to apply a Dark combo. After that, kill the decoys and just whittle down their HP with Specials and Driver Arts. Once 1-2 decoys are dead, swap to Fiora and just spam Screw Edge until they all die.

Do NOT override the Dark seal, else Elma will just spawn more decoys.

Once you have a full Party Gauge, just spam Chain Attacks until Elma dies. Break the orb, throw on another Dark orb, then Chain Attack again. Rinse and repeat.

I don't know about Bringer of Chaos difficulty though. I'll have to get back on you for that later...

Edited on by EvilLucario

jtmnm

@EvilLucario Thank you for the reply, though I'm confused! How is your party gauge not locked during battle? What you're describing sounds like the first battle. Is there a way to counteract the party gauge lock?

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic