Forums

Topic: Disappointed by the lack of new exclusives

Posts 261 to 280 of 453

Gwynbleidd

Sometimes I blame myself for not joining forum threads, but this time I feel glad I didn't.

Hatred And Prejudice Will Never Be Eradicated. And Witch Hunts Will Never Be About Witches. To have a scapegoat, that's the key. Humans always fear the alien, the odd. — Geralt of Rivia

BlueOcean

I can't believe that I lost what I was typing. I'll have to make it even shorter now. I was replying to @Bolt_Strike, basically saying that your list is off-topic and therefore you are the one that don't understand. I also wrote that you are utterly obsessed with this topic but your arguments are off-topic so you are not making much sense (on this thread, at least).

anynamereally wrote:

Quite often I wonder where those Switch warriors are coming from, would they defend platforms like GameCube or Wii U or Dreamcast if they happen to be around at the time when those platforms needed such support from the community?
And most importantly why they feel like Switch as a platform needs such a 'blind faith' defensive attitude from them?
I mean it sold nearly 100 millions by now and it's not loosing the momentum, why it even needs to be defended in the first place - it's already on the top, no objective (or subjective) criticism is able to do any harm to it.

So in the end, instead of having a constructive and mindful discussion about how Nintendo could improve during current gen, what went wrong and what could have been better, these people start to fiercely defend company and their shortcomings no matter what. They throw lists and metacritic scores at you, they try to build the most objective of objective opinions while there's no such thing as objectivity to begin with and all we ever needed is your personal view on the things which matters much more than any kind of collective mind "objective" point of view.

This is how I feel. They don't want to discuss anything, they just want to say that everyone that criticises Nintendo is wrong. They talk as stockholders and they even go off-topic because the topic is something that they can't handle. They will even call you troll, put words in your mouth that you didn't say or insult you and then edit their comments like we've seen on this thread.

The comments written by @NEStalgia are relevant, revealing and accurate, like people using business logic as arguments as if it invalidated the fact that Nintendo have done very little as developer since 2016 and that the only AAA games developed by Nintendo or a first-party studio for Switch are Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Cronicles 2, with a lot of A and AA games priced the same in between like @NEStalgia explained so well. About the outsourced games, I talked about that in my previous post.

@MrHonest And I agree with you.

@gcunit Nintendo are doing the minimum they can do, right. That's why @NEStalgia talked about marketing, nostalgia and brand awareness which is what Nintendo is doing with Switch. I call myself a sucker because I bought Mario Kart 8 DX after buying Mario Kart 8 and all the DLC. I pre-ordered Super Mario 3D All-Stars and I hate the fact that it doesn't include Super Mario Galaxy 2 and that Super Mario 64 is 4:3. About the other thing you said, according to Rare (I know a few members), Nintendo wasn't involved in development at all. According to Mercury, all Nintendo did was cut content that was already developed and we all know that Metroid Prime 4 was rebooted after years because Nintendo didn't like the game. Metroid Prime 1 was also rebooted because Nintendo didn't like the game.

I wonder how can I be an Xbox fanboy when I bought an Xbox One for Rare Replay (as proved on my Xbox Museum) and that was the first Xbox console I've owned (or played) while I have every Nintendo console except the NES because I was too little and Virtual Boy because it was never released (here). Right now, I have a Wii U, a PS4 and a Series X connected to my TV and a SNES Classic and a Switch Lite near.

I want to thank @NEStalgia and @Snatcher and also the rest of the people that have talked to me respectfully about this topic whether agreeing or disagreeing or somewhere in between.

Good night.

BlueOcean

Snatcher

@BlueOcean Back at ya, It was fun talking to you, just goes to show we don't always have to agree, something I wish more people new. Happy thanks giving!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

JaxonH

they just want to say everyone who criticizes Nintendo is wrong

In the mind of those making a criticism, it's automatically correct just by nature of being criticism, and any attempt to contest it is automatically unfounded, and only from "fanboys" who "defend"

It's the same tired old fallacy used time and again to try to validate an argument. "I'm criticizing so nobody has any right to contest it, and if you do, you're just a defender". Ya ya. We've heard that a thousand times before.

Most ppl have no issue with criticism when its something they feel is valid. Like the pop-in of Pokémon Sword and Shield. Or the lack of messaging on Switch. Or the excessive price for the expansion pack for solo members. Or the low handheld resolution of Xenoblade. Nobody has issue with valid criticism. But ppl do take issue with agenda-driven criticism, ignorant criticism and that which isn't built on solid ground (no matter how much the proponents claim it is). When a criticism doesn't make sense to someone, they tend to object.

And simply objecting to your criticism doesn't make someone a fanboy. It just makes them someone who disagrees with your specific assessment. Not all criticism, just what they perceive as unfounded and untruthful criticism. I find it troubling how swift the feet are of those rushing to box in and label their detractors to delegitimize them rather than their objections. When someone is so eager to smear those who object, it calls into question the integrity of their argument.

Ppl claim they want a discussion, but they really don't. You can't have a discussion without two opposing views. But then anyone with an opposing view gets accusations thrown at them. So ppl want the appearance of wanting a discussion, but really they just want everyone to roll over and agree with them. Any dissenting views are quickly seized upon and discredited as "attempts to defend any criticism".

The whole thing is a charade.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Shin Megami Tensei V, MH Rise
3DS:
Steam: Forza Horizon 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

CactusMan

@Gwynbleidd Silence is golden.

Edited on by CactusMan

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

SKTTR

BlueOcean wrote:

It's not really the same. Nintendo developed a lot of games for SNES, fewer for N64 for some reason, many for NGC, including the last Wave Race game we've seen, tons for Wii and even for Wii U, considering the short life Nintendo gave it. On Switch, the list consists of few (relevant) games developed by Nintendo and tons of Wii U/3DS ports. Does it matter? For the OP it does. For those that skipped Wii U/3DS, the selection is much more interesting, of course. The two important conclusions on topic are, first of all, the lack of exclusive games developed by Nintendo for Switch and the disappointment of some people like the OP and others that follow with the quality of them (Animal Crossing, etc.). Secondly, what have Nintendo been doing as a developer since Switch, or before, because Wii U didn't get games developed by Nintendo for one year before the Switch released? The conclusion is that Nintendo have done very little as a developer since 2016 and, the games that they have developed since then are divisive (for fans, not for the media): Breath of the Wild (lack of dungeons, changes in gameplay, lack of interesting quests, reused assets for shrines and enemies...), Super Mario Odyssey (level design), Animal Crossing New Horizons (lack of content), Splatoon 2 (Wii U expansion), Super Mario Maker 2 (Wii U expansion) and so on. Okay, they also made Arms, Snipperclips, WarioWare and Sushi Strike.

This shows that you don't get your facts right.

Wave Race: Blue Storm isn't in-house (NST).
Snipperclips isn't in-house (SFB Games).
WarioWare isn't in-house (Intelligent Systems).
Sushi Striker isn't in-house (indieszero).

I'm sure many of those SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U games you think were developed in-house are in fact not.
And so your argument that Switch has fewer in-house developed titles is just fantasy.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BlueOcean

SKTTR wrote:

This shows that you don't get your facts right.

Wave Race: Blue Storm isn't in-house (NST).
Snipperclips isn't in-house (SFB Games).
WarioWare isn't in-house (Intelligent Systems).
Sushi Striker isn't in-house (indieszero)

SKTTR wrote:

And so your argument that Switch has fewer in-house developed titles is just fantasy. You don't even get the most recent stuff correct but try to sell us wrong memories of the past.

Okay, let's see who doesn't get their facts right.

Wave Race: Blue Storm is in-house (Nintendo Software Technology).
Snipperclips: you're correct, so one game to remove from my list, supporting my argument even more.
WarioWare: last two entries developed by Nintendo and Intelligent System (partly in-house like the 3DS game).
Sushi Striker: not exclusive, it's on 3DS.

Although mini games are not part of my main argument, since Snipperclips wasn't developed by Nintendo then Nintendo's output is even worse so thanks for supporting my main idea without realising. The only meaningful game that you listed is Wave Race and you're wrong about it because NST is Nintendo Software Technology (in-house development). I don't know what you tried to prove with that comment (that I am wrong?) but you clearly failed. If you want to believe that Nintendo's development is the same or has improved, feel free to do it and I won't bother you but don't tell the others that they're wrong when you are wrong. And very confused.

@NEStalgia Sushi Striker is also on Nintendo 3DS so another non-exclusive.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

SKTTR

@BlueOcean NST isn't in-house. It's not based in Kyoto where Nintendo HQ is. It's in USA. It's an offspring. You don't know the definition of in-house.

It doesn't matter anyway. Even if you count all NST games. Doesn't change the fact that the in-house output ratio is the same as it's always been.

You don't even get the most recent stuff correct but try to sell us wrong memories of the past, how does that make your argument more valid?

And you don't count puzzle games and "minigames" (casual, fitness, party games) and stuff, even when they are clearly in-house? Is that some kind of genre racism? You bend and change the argument until talking to you makes no sense.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BlueOcean

@SKTTR Firstly, you were wrong about everything except Snipperclips that is a mini game. NST is in-house, it's a studio created by Nintendo, it's first party, it's 100% Nintendo. We are also including Monolith as in-house development. You keep projecting your confusion onto me when you are the one that is wrong and confused?

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

SKTTR

BlueOcean wrote:

@SKTTR Firstly, you were wrong about everything except Snipperclips that is a mini game. NST is in-house, it's a studio created by Nintendo, it's first party, it's 100% Nintendo. We are also including Monolith as in-house development. You keep projecting your confusion onto me when you are the one that is wrong and confused?

You clearly have your own definition of what's in-house and what's not.

You say Intelligent Systems isn't in-house but then you count WarioWare.
You count Sushi Striker, and then... you don't count Sushi Striker. xD
It's hilarious. Talking to you is a waste of time. Goodbye.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BlueOcean

SKTTR wrote:

You clearly have your own definition of what's in-house and what's not.

You say Intelligent Systems isn't in-house but then you count WarioWare.
You count Sushi Striker, and then... you don't count Sushi Striker. xD
It's hilarious

You are way more confused than I thought. I didn't say that Intelligent System is in-house, some people here have suggested that and counted Fire Emblem as in-house development. I didn't because Intelligent System is an independent company that makes games for Nintendo. Check the thread again and tell me where I have said that Intelligent System is Nintendo. WarioWare was developed by Nintendo and Intelligent System and my exact words are that it's "partly in-house like the 3DS game".

If Nintendo is Nintendo then Wave Race Blue Storm is in-house, if you want to think that part of Nintendo is not Nintendo, then well, go ahead.

I didn't count Sushi Striker from the start, @NEStalgia told me I forgot that game and therefore I included it. It's a mini game, anyway, so it doesn't change anything.

SKTTR wrote:

Talking to you is a waste of time. Goodbye.

So another Ralizah. Goodbye then and keep saying that the others are wrong when you are the one that is wrong and then get mad and be rude. It's the right thing to do in a forum.

BlueOcean

SKTTR

@BlueOcean

I would do your homework and show you a list of all in-house games of all Nintendo systems to prove the fact that in-house development output has stayed the same since the SNES and that it hasn't become less on Switch, but since you jump around changing definitions and pov's from one message to the next I'll save myself the time.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BlueOcean

@SKTTR I didn't change anything, I added Sushi Striker because it was mentioned and then I removed it, same for Snipperclips. You are utterly confused and don't want to admit it and you are rude on top of that.

BlueOcean

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean If you're to separate in-house from acquired surely that just fuels the thing about Xbox being nothing more than Halo, Gears and Forza? Xbox currently has 5 in-house studios:

  • 343 Industries (Halo)
  • The Coalition (Gears)
  • Turn 10 (Forza)
  • World's Edge (Age of Empires) [PC only]
  • The Initiative (currently nothing, Perfect Dark reboot is an upcoming game in the far future)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BlueOcean

@Grumblevolcano What Xbox have to do with the topic? 😂 We are comparing Nintendo with Nintendo.

EDIT: Besides, I added the games that have been developed by studios owned by Nintendo in order to be more generous and the only extra game we get is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because Nintendo acquired Next Level after Luigi's Mansion 3.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Bolt_Strike

@NEStalgia Nothing says Sony has to make "interactive movie games". They decided they wanted that, not the fans. It's up to Sony to adapt to gamers' preferences, not the other way around. So no, it's totally fair to compare the first party outputs, Sony doesn't get a pass on that.

Yes, the criteria shouldn't be absolute because different genres have different needs depending on how they play. For example, you're pushing for a lot of larger/more open game worlds, but for some of the games that have refused to get "bigger", it doesn't really make sense to expand them in that way. Does an open world tennis game make sense? How about an open world party game? That's not the right way to expand on those games because making the worlds bigger wouldn't benefit those genres. Yet here you are complaining about them because they don't compare to open world games.

That being said, I do think there is one criterion that could be applied to just about any game genre unilaterally and that's game hours. If you're spending a longer amount of time on something, particularly if you're spending more time on more original content than another game, then that's a pretty good sign that there's a larger quantity of content in that game. Even that wouldn't be entirely objective (how do you define what's "original" or "repetitive"?), but that would be a much better start. I think for a genre like sports games, party games, social simulation games, basically anything multiplayer, instead of making the game worlds larger many of them should be focusing more on having multiple different game modes to interact with the game in different ways. And we've already seen that from some of their bigger multiplayer games like Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon.

Ultimately, I don't think we actually disagree that much here, the main issue is that we disagree on some specific games and criteria (and as a result, we are drawing different conclusions on how we feel about the Switch library). I do think some of the IPs do need to scale up a bit more, especially some of the ones that were previously handheld only or are multiplayer focused and aren't used to working on large scale projects. I also agree that perhaps the pricing should be more dynamic and smaller games like the sports, party games, and the Pokemon remakes should be $40, but everyone else in the industry is unilaterally pricing their retail games at full price, so Nintendo isn't along there. But I do think that they'll eventually get there and we'll see more large scale games like the open world games and some of the more full featured multiplayer games, they seem to understand what the gamers want, but they're not quite used to HD game development so they're probably just taking baby steps and we're just not going to get it as soon as we'd like. Wouldn't be the first time, as we've had several wishes for years and years that are just now coming true this generation (several highly demanded characters like Ridley and K. Rool in Smash, Pokemon releasing on a home console, Metroid 5 releasing, Kirby going full 3D). Nintendo seems to be more than happy to please its fanbase, they just can only do so much and can only improve so quickly.

@BlueOcean You're just going to have to retype what you were going to say because you're not making any sense. How am I "off topic"? The topic of the thread was that there weren't enough exclusives for Nintendo. I posted a list disproving it and basing it in 100% fact as opposed to subjective rankings like Metacritic. What exactly about my list is an "opinion" or "off topic"? You seem to either be very confused or very upset that the data isn't proving what you want to prove.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

BlueOcean

@Bolt_Strike I'm not upset, thanks for worrying. I'm trying to write short comments now because this thread proves how much in denial the Nintendo Defence Force are and that they go round and round in circles, inside a loop that they don't want to leave whatever they are told. As others have already said, it's pointless trying to talk with them/with you.

You're clearly off-topic because we were discussing what have Nintendo been doing all these years and you reply with a list full of outsourced games (Mario sports, Yoshi, Mario Party, Kirby, Smash...) trying to make people believe that Nintendo have done a great job these years when they clearly haven't. The only AAA new games developed in-house for Switch are Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. As a developer, Nintendo have done as little as possible since 2016, just publishing, porting and outsourcing. That's what Nintendo have been doing for 5 years.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Eel

If we can’t have a discussion without it turning into a childish “no u” back and forth, then I’ll have to close the thread.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bolt_Strike

@BlueOcean The thread specified exclusives. I listed exclusives. Whether or not they were developed in-house or by "second party" studios is irrelevant and including the "second party" stuff is not off-topic. This has nothing to do with defending or criticizing Nintendo, it's because only counting in-house Nintendo games comes off as arbitrary and biased, you're excluding games to make the Switch's lineup look worse than it is when there are many other first party IPs releasing on the Switch, and multiple consoles, both past Nintendo consoles and Nintendo's competitors, rely on second party studios as well.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.