Forums

Topic: Disappointed by the lack of new exclusives

Posts 421 to 440 of 449

Grumblevolcano

All 3 have their flaws. Nintendo's problems have already been mentioned in this thread, Sony makes promises and then finds ways to avoid those promises meanwhile Microsoft uses horrible monetization approaches for online multiplayer focused games to allow for the more consumer friendly decisions to be sustainable.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@TheJGG It really is, So my buddy, Its why I tell you to turn back now.

@rallydefault Thats what i'm asking LMAO.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Balta666

Wow there is some serious hate on both sides of the barricade here. Chill out people it is just videogames

Balta666

sixrings

@Balta666 not hate. But there is a frustration when you critique Nintendo that there tends to be a group of people here who think that means you are not a Nintendo fan and should go elsewhere. I’ve owned a Nintendo system and every Nintendo system (no virtual boy) since 1985. I am a fan but I do not always agree with the company. I don’t know why it has to be either or.

sixrings

Balta666

@sixrings One side says everyone that critics is a hater and the other side says everyone that defends is a fanboy so basically no difference

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

sixrings

@Balta666 well I don’t know. Maybe you’re right. I guess I don’t know how to describe someone who basically suggests everything nintendo does is perfect. Meanwhile there are plenty of critics who have been with Nintendo through the ages. I would think that they should be able to voice their concerns without the idea about them that they can never be happy.

The other problem is that this thread in particular invites those like my selves who are disappointed to voice their frustrations. So perhaps in this case the op and those voicing their frustration didn’t care when the Nintendo defence force showed up. If you want to creat a thread that suggests Nintendo is the best company ever. They are so loving and we should be grateful for their existence. I’ll laugh but I won’t interrupt the love fest.

Anyways whether we are critics or lovers I’d think that anyone who comes on here is a Nintendo fan at heart and wants the best for the company.

sixrings

Banjo-

@Balta666 Firstly, there is no hate from me/"the other side". Secondly, all I did was talk about the topic and I was addressed as ignorant (by kkslider5552000), troll (by Ralizah), etc. (and that was not moderated but I that didn't insult anybody was) by people that I have never been disrespectful to just because of my opinion about Nintendo. Thirdly, what is the word you would use to define those people or that behaviour? Switch Defence Force? Nintendo's army? I mean, if fanboy is not the right word, just tell me what word suits the people that insult other people because they are criticising Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony. Immature? Fourthly, the thread is about a Nintendo fan disappointed with Switch exclusives so, obviously, others that feel the same are going to voice their opinion, isn't it logical? Finally, I don't go to every single thread about Switch (nor do the others, as you can see) to express my disappointment but, on the other hand, they do come here and attack us because of our opinion. Because of all this, you can't split the blame. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion about this topic and we don't deserve to be offended because of that. Those that bash us because of our opinion (about the topic) are the ones that have the hate that you're talking about. Also, don't forget that the people criticising Nintendo here are Nintendo fans too and most of us for a very long time. I don't have to behave like sheep to be a Nintendo fan. There are things I like and things that I don't like.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

rallydefault

@Snatcher
I honestly have no idea what you're asking me lol

I think the issue is, well, most recently, me, but overall people love to come online just to let off some steam from time to time. Most of us on this forum have at one time or another had a go at someone else, feelings have been hurt, jokes misread/misinterpreted, etc. etc.

We need to be able to pull ourselves back from it, take blame where its due, and get back to being a forum that is mostly helpful and full of knowledgeable people.

rallydefault

Ralizah

sixrings wrote:

I guess I don’t know how to describe someone who basically suggests everything nintendo does is perfect.

I've never met a single person like this. Certainly not on this forum.

What I see a lot of online is people being happy or satisfied with what we're getting, and others coming along who try their damndest to throw cold water on that enthusiasm, or who go to such extremes with their critical attitudes that it becomes difficult to take them seriously.

People who come on here to discuss the good and bad about Nintendo are cool. I think we've all voiced criticisms from time to time. Nintendo certainly does a lot that opens them to criticism.

With that said, when people are clearly so disenchanted with Nintendo that they spend all of their energy bitching about the company, the console, the games, etc. and wishing it was something else than what it is, I do have to wonder why those people don't redirect their energies toward platforms that are more well-suited for them.

Like I said earlier to someone else, I wouldn't go on Pure Xbox and spend all my time bitching about Microsoft's trajectory as a company. IMO, they still have no worthwhile exclusives (certainly not Xbox exclusives, since everything they develop also goes to PC), and I'm wary of them focusing 90% of their energy into promoting a gaming equivalent of Netflix. While I think my viewpoint is valid, I also think Xbox fans deserve a space where they can chat about their console and games without others coming along trying to push them to be dissatisfied with what they're getting.

You definitely don't want a community full of empty-headed consumers who say: "Please, sir, may I have some more?" to literally anything the company offers. But, at the same time, I also don't want it to be filled with angry people trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

As with everything in life, a balance should be achieved.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
Spyro the Dragon remake (PS4)

sixrings

@Ralizah well we agree to disagree.

But I don’t know why Xbox keeps getting brought up. The critics ,who again have supported and continued to support Nintendo, aren’t the ones bringing up Xbox

Again I have owned every single system minus the virtual boy. Have a donkey Kong arcade machine. Have Mario cups and bowls for table wear. And own four Nintendo switches with multiple copies of splatoon, Mario aces, golf, kart. I am clearly still a supporter of Nintendo. Do I need to put this disclaimer before every single critical point to express that I love the company before mentioning a few grievances?

sixrings

sixrings

Ralizah wrote:

sixrings wrote:

I guess I don’t know how to describe someone who basically suggests everything nintendo does is perfect.

I do have to wonder why those people don't redirect their energies toward platforms that are more well-suited for them.

I also don't want it to be filled with angry people trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

I think we spend our energy here because we grew up and love the company. Maybe it’s more like a marriage where we simply see the flaws a bit more easily but it doesn’t change our love.

I’m sorry you seem to think people on here who don’t fit your description as a reasonable fan are miserable people. In the real world I promise you that I’m living my best life.

sixrings

Ralizah

@sixrings The Xbox thing is just an example, because I was a fan in the 360 era and, like a lot of people, was gutted by what happened with them last gen. Substitute that for Sony if that example makes you feel better.

Also, I... haven't questioned your interest in Nintendo. I wasn't even thinking of you. I was speaking broadly. You don't need to share tales of your Nintendo swag to prove otherwise, lol.

Like I said, there's a difference between seeing flaws and being constantly unhappy with something. Let's use your marriage analogy: married couples can see the flaws in oneanother, acknowledge them, but also look past them to the good points. But if you just hate the person your spouse has become, if their every move fills you with anger and disappointment, and the other person is happy with who they are, then it doesn't make sense to stay married, does it? Why stay in a loveless marriage that makes you miserable when you can find someone else who will make you a happier person? Especially if you take to telling your spouse's friends that they should also disapprove of them. That very quickly becomes a very toxic relationship.

I'm not saying this is applicable to your situation. But if it, maybe it's worth considering.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
Spyro the Dragon remake (PS4)

Banjo-

Ralizah wrote:

Like I said earlier to BlueOcean, I wouldn't go on Pure Xbox and spend all my time bitching about Microsoft's trajectory as a company. IMO, they still have no worthwhil exclusives.

Just like sixrings said, I don’t know why Xbox keeps getting brought up by those that want to defend Nintendo aggressively on this thread. I am a Nintendo fan and so is sixrings and the others that have expressed their disappointment on this thread. The reason why we are on NL is because we are Nintendo fans. We don't spend all our time bitching about Nintendo and we certainly don't insult those that think that Nintendo is perfect nor call them miserable people and trolls.

sixrings wrote:

@Ralizah I think we spend our energy here because we grew up and love the company. Maybe it’s more like a marriage where we simply see the flaws a bit more easily but it doesn’t change our love.

I’m sorry you seem to think people on here who don’t fit your description as a reasonable fan are miserable people. In the real world I promise you that I’m living my best life.

Exactly the same here. It's very sad that they have so much hate inside.

Banjo-

Balta666

I will walk myself out of the topic as like I said first there is too much bashing sides (again from both sides equally) and I agree with both sides pretty much 50/50

Balta666

Banjo-

@Balta666 It would be great if you could quote where exactly is the hate.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

Removed - disrespecting others

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter So what your saying is to love all of the first party games? and if I don't like some of them I'm cherry picking?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter Exactly, cherry-picking subjectively and then pushing it as facts leads to low level argumentation.

This thread is derailed and game over.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

glaemay

@Trajan People are blaming the pandemic because there's a slowdown of games output on all systems. Like the PS4 was completely abandonned the second the PS5 was released and I bought zero games for my day one PS5. It's literally a dust collector. It's the first time in history it happens for a Playstation. The first year of all other Playsation was much better than the PS5. But I'm glad we can discuss this here because Sony fans are in complete denial about this on Playstation forums. Nintendo forums are truly the best place for freedom of speech about videogames and for that reason I will always be a Nintendo fan.

glaemay

Snatcher

@glaemay Because Nintendo fans have been having to put up with nintendos **** for a wile.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.