Forums

Topic: Disappointed by the lack of new exclusives

Posts 421 to 440 of 441

Ralizah

sixrings wrote:

I guess I don’t know how to describe someone who basically suggests everything nintendo does is perfect.

I've never met a single person like this. Certainly not on this forum.

What I see a lot of online is people being happy or satisfied with what we're getting, and others coming along who try their damndest to throw cold water on that enthusiasm, or who go to such extremes with their critical attitudes that it becomes difficult to take them seriously.

People who come on here to discuss the good and bad about Nintendo are cool. I think we've all voiced criticisms from time to time. Nintendo certainly does a lot that opens them to criticism.

With that said, when people are clearly so disenchanted with Nintendo that they spend all of their energy bitching about the company, the console, the games, etc. and wishing it was something else than what it is, I do have to wonder why those people don't redirect their energies toward platforms that are more well-suited for them.

Like I said earlier to someone else, I wouldn't go on Pure Xbox and spend all my time bitching about Microsoft's trajectory as a company. IMO, they still have no worthwhile exclusives (certainly not Xbox exclusives, since everything they develop also goes to PC), and I'm wary of them focusing 90% of their energy into promoting a gaming equivalent of Netflix. While I think my viewpoint is valid, I also think Xbox fans deserve a space where they can chat about their console and games without others coming along trying to push them to be dissatisfied with what they're getting.

You definitely don't want a community full of empty-headed consumers who say: "Please, sir, may I have some more?" to literally anything the company offers. But, at the same time, I also don't want it to be filled with angry people trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

As with everything in life, a balance should be achieved.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

sixrings

@Ralizah well we agree to disagree.

But I don’t know why Xbox keeps getting brought up. The critics ,who again have supported and continued to support Nintendo, aren’t the ones bringing up Xbox

Again I have owned every single system minus the virtual boy. Have a donkey Kong arcade machine. Have Mario cups and bowls for table wear. And own four Nintendo switches with multiple copies of splatoon, Mario aces, golf, kart. I am clearly still a supporter of Nintendo. Do I need to put this disclaimer before every single critical point to express that I love the company before mentioning a few grievances?

sixrings

sixrings

Ralizah wrote:

sixrings wrote:

I guess I don’t know how to describe someone who basically suggests everything nintendo does is perfect.

I do have to wonder why those people don't redirect their energies toward platforms that are more well-suited for them.

I also don't want it to be filled with angry people trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

I think we spend our energy here because we grew up and love the company. Maybe it’s more like a marriage where we simply see the flaws a bit more easily but it doesn’t change our love.

I’m sorry you seem to think people on here who don’t fit your description as a reasonable fan are miserable people. In the real world I promise you that I’m living my best life.

sixrings

Ralizah

@sixrings The Xbox thing is just an example, because I was a fan in the 360 era and, like a lot of people, was gutted by what happened with them last gen. Substitute that for Sony if that example makes you feel better.

Also, I... haven't questioned your interest in Nintendo. I wasn't even thinking of you. I was speaking broadly. You don't need to share tales of your Nintendo swag to prove otherwise, lol.

Like I said, there's a difference between seeing flaws and being constantly unhappy with something. Let's use your marriage analogy: married couples can see the flaws in oneanother, acknowledge them, but also look past them to the good points. But if you just hate the person your spouse has become, if their every move fills you with anger and disappointment, and the other person is happy with who they are, then it doesn't make sense to stay married, does it? Why stay in a loveless marriage that makes you miserable when you can find someone else who will make you a happier person? Especially if you take to telling your spouse's friends that they should also disapprove of them. That very quickly becomes a very toxic relationship.

I'm not saying this is applicable to your situation. But if it, maybe it's worth considering.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Banjo-

Ralizah wrote:

Like I said earlier to BlueOcean, I wouldn't go on Pure Xbox and spend all my time bitching about Microsoft's trajectory as a company. IMO, they still have no worthwhil exclusives.

Just like sixrings said, I don’t know why Xbox keeps getting brought up by those that want to defend Nintendo aggressively on this thread. I am a Nintendo fan and so is sixrings and the others that have expressed their disappointment on this thread. The reason why we are on NL is because we are Nintendo fans. We don't spend all our time bitching about Nintendo and we certainly don't insult those that think that Nintendo is perfect nor call them miserable people and trolls.

sixrings wrote:

@Ralizah I think we spend our energy here because we grew up and love the company. Maybe it’s more like a marriage where we simply see the flaws a bit more easily but it doesn’t change our love.

I’m sorry you seem to think people on here who don’t fit your description as a reasonable fan are miserable people. In the real world I promise you that I’m living my best life.

Exactly the same here. It's very sad that they have so much hate inside.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Balta666 It would be great if you could quote where exactly is the hate.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

Removed - disrespecting others

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter So what your saying is to love all of the first party games? and if I don't like some of them I'm cherry picking?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter Exactly, cherry-picking subjectively and then pushing it as facts leads to low level argumentation.

This thread is derailed and game over.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

glaemay

@Trajan People are blaming the pandemic because there's a slowdown of games output on all systems. Like the PS4 was completely abandonned the second the PS5 was released and I bought zero games for my day one PS5. It's literally a dust collector. It's the first time in history it happens for a Playstation. The first year of all other Playsation was much better than the PS5. But I'm glad we can discuss this here because Sony fans are in complete denial about this on Playstation forums. Nintendo forums are truly the best place for freedom of speech about videogames and for that reason I will always be a Nintendo fan.

glaemay

Snatcher

@glaemay Because Nintendo fans have been having to put up with nintendos **** for a wile.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Banjo-

@Snatcher Basically, what they are saying is that the opinion and feelings of those that think differently, such as the OP and the others is "useless", "cherry-picking", "low-level argumentation" but, of course, their opinion is worthy and perfectly built.

glaemay wrote:

@Trajan People are blaming the pandemic because there's a slowdown of games output on all systems. Like the PS4 was completely abandonned the second the PS5 was released and I bought zero games for my day one PS5. It's literally a dust collector. It's the first time in history it happens for a Playstation. The first year of all other Playsation was much better than the PS5. But I'm glad we can discuss this here because Sony fans are in complete denial about this on Playstation forums. Nintendo forums are truly the best place for freedom of speech about videogames and for that reason I will always be a Nintendo fan.

We are used to Nintendo messing up but I partly agree with you, if you remove 5-10 posters from Nintendo Life, it's a very friendly forum.

Banjo-

Snatcher

@BlueOcean Perfect human.

Banjo-

SKTTR wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

We are used to Nintendo messing up but I partly agree with you, if you remove 5-10 posters from Nintendo Life, it's a very friendly forum.

Let's begin with removing you.

I mean people that are disrespectful and rude like you. Thank you for showing yourself as a clear example 😉.

Banjo-

SKTTR

You want to remove 5 persons.
That's five times more rude than me.

You're not respecting people, you earn disrespect, easy.

Edited on by SKTTR

Banjo-

SKTTR wrote:

You want to remove 5 persons.

No, I didn't say that I want to remove 5 people, you addressed me directly and said you want to remove me. That is very rude and I see that you have erased that comment but I quoted it so people can see your true colours now.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Well, didn't mean you have to love all 1st party games. 😅

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

SKTTR wrote:

@BlueOcean I deleted it because it's off-topic and unneccessary. I waited til you quote it so there's no reason to keep superfluous posts that don't belong here. I knew you would do the job and continue trashing this thread.

Once more, if you read this I will delete it. That's my true color. Make it beknown to everyone.

You erased it because you could get banned. I didn't say that I want to remove five people and you said that you want to remove me, so it's you who's being aggressive and "trashing the thread", you have not contributed in any positive way and just project your negative feelings on other people. You are not even talking about the topic. I posted lots of posts about the topic and I only replied because you are directly addressing me.

Banjo-

SKTTR

NeonPizza wrote:

@SKTTR
Good old SKTTR, you've been lurking around here since the Wii days haven't you?
The last thing i remeber you saying to me had to do with the glowing recommendation you gave for Cursed Mountain. lol Going back to that rough little hidden gem now in 2021 sounds pretty daunting haha. Oh well, there's always Kororinpa!

Cursed Mountain? Back then I rated it a 7/10 or 8/10 which isn't exactly glowing. It was a neat, unique (and I think exclusive?) game for the system at the time, and you could easily find it on sale. I remember it having good graphics for an early Wii game, and all of the areas were atmospheric and most left an impression. Like with most games, completing it once is enough for me. Nowadays it's one of the lesser known titles.
I recently heard that "Calling" was an ok Wii horror game as well, but back then everyone trashed it so I never bought it.

Kororinpa. I liked how it did its own thing, flipping the world upside down, differentiating it from Super Monkey Ball, Marble Madness, etc. That was one of my first Wii games. At launch I got Wii Sports (of course), Wii Play (wanted that second Wiimote), and Twilight Princess (....of course!)
I'm sure my 4th and 5th were Excite Truck and Kororinpa, both were released just a few weeks after the Wii launch. Good times!

I didn't know the Switch Pro Controller has more latency than the Joy-Con. I got used to the Pro Controller quickly, the lag must be minimal. I didn't even realise there's a difference. I was just glad to be done with the Joy-Cons.

Edited on by SKTTR

Sorry, this topic has been locked.