Forums

Topic: Disappointed by the lack of new exclusives

Posts 121 to 140 of 441

Snatcher

@BlueOcean Ok I re-read it, I finally understand what you are saying, And I 89% agree with you, the other % going to me not Really knowing how I feel about that yet, and need to think on the matter.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

kkslider5552000

I hate to say it but I'm on NEStalgia's side for this specific point. Animal Crossing: New Horizons with good reviews was obviously going to be a massive success, and that's doubly true when taking into account when it released. That doesn't remotely mean everyone who bought it actually loved it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@kkslider5552000 Even I can't fight with that logic.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

NEStalgia

@Snatcher absolutely. That's why I call it WiiU Pro. Same games, better hardware. It's a mid gen bump with a battery!

Except 2 screen gaming. And the like 4 games that used it

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I mean digital games, that's why I mentioned the NNID and Nintendo accounts being merged. Nintendo knows what digital games we own on Wii U so there are no excuses, really. In regard to the portability, of course, that's the thing that made Switch more convenient but don't forget about the cheapest Steam Deck model when comparing the prices. You say that Switch was impressive back in the day but in reality it was expected to use the Tegra X2 chip but used an old chip Tegra X1 instead. If you compare it to 3DS, well, yes, it's obviously better, at least technically.

@Snatcher Happy to know you 89% agree with me 😂.

@chipia Hype goes through the roof with Mario and Zelda, every Mario and Zelda is bound to get the perfect scores and "best entry ever" definitions. Then people start to see the truth. In between, very good example.

Banjo-

Snatcher

@NEStalgia Makes sense, Plus you told your points very well, and I love a good read. Now all we need is a better way to play Game boy and N64 games, then were set!

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean The trouble with doing that for digital means physical customers are treated inequality which is pretty bad, too, especially for Nintendo. Sony had promised a physical conversion device for physical psp games which is how they did digital bc. But then the device never materialized outside limited Japan release.

Base steam deck... Maybe. I'm curious how it'll really do. Even when I considered getting one, I never considered that model as anything but an indie machine.

NEStalgia

reporterdavid

Sometimes its just good to improve things. Will we get a next Animal Crossing where you can drive a bike or a boat yourself? That would be cool. I think there is enough allready.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Banjo-

@NEStalgia And what is the excuse for not releasing the ports at a discounted price or as bundles (like Microsoft and Sony)? 😅

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I'm not sure Sony is the example we should be looking toward...

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia You're right, I mean Sony until The Nathan Drake Collection 😅.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Lol, in that case, I'd agree!

Seriously, just today, Sammy wrote an article on PS on Sony's stingy sale prices (returnal 29% of!) That opens with "Sony does what Nintendoes" 😂

NEStalgia

faint

Hasn’t there been 16 or 17 big exclusives so far this year?

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Anti-Matter

@faint
Some peoples are really picky or denial with certain games even the exclusives.
I just wonder with some peoples who keep frustrating by recent games release and they will never get satisfied with the game choices.

Anti-Matter

Bolt_Strike

NEStalgia wrote:

@Snatcher If a console is defined by it's library, then if you like the Switch, you like the WiiU. 70% the same library as far as major 1st party exclusives are concerned. The problem wasn't Nintendo games on WiiU, in fact I'd say Nintendo was really a lot more spot-on with their WiiU games than Switch so far. It's just that it had near-zero third party because no publisher was going to do the work for the PPC architecture for the meager return from a failed console. Most of those games probably lost money due to the low install base, but as a customer, it was largely the same experience for Nintendo's games.

No, not at all. So many of the games that the Switch is known for are original titles and not Wii U ports. Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate, Splatoon 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Ring Fit Adventure, none of those games were Wii U games. I myself found very little on the Wii U that I actually wanted (there were far too many iterative sequels that offered little except new levels, and there were far too few large scale open world/sandbox adventure games, which is almost the exact opposite of the kind of lineup I want). On the Switch? I found plenty within the first year.

The whole notion of the Switch being a Wii U port machine is overblown. Yes, there's a lot of them. But there's also a lot more original titles. The Wii U ports are mainly just icing on the cake, if you removed all of the Wii U ports from the Switch's library you'd still have a decently sized library full of quality titles. It'd still feel like the lineup was missing things here and there (no original Mario Kart game hurts badly, and other fanbases like DK and Pikmin would be unhappy), but in general I don't think they'd be complaining about the quality or quantity of games.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

NEStalgia

@Bolt_Strike There are a few, namely ones you mentioned, however Luigi's Mansion 3 was originally to be a wiiu game (the devs slipped that accidentally at treehouse by mentioning "the wiiu version") and Splatoon 2 launched mostly at Splatoon 1.5. But yes, it's library obviously has some originals, but the percentage of the library that is wiiu is still a majority in terms of first party titles. Well, also N64 with Mario party and 3d all stars....

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia So Sony have gone backwards just like Nintendo in regard to that. Super Mario Odyssey looks like a Wii U project as well. I often wonder what happened to Pikmin 4 that was revealed ages ago so it was a Wii U project, too.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

faint

@NEStalgia in Nintendo’s mind it’s a full gen bump because the WiiU never happened. That goes the same for most of the people who own a switch.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Bolt_Strike

@NEStalgia You're really going to make me list them all out? Fine then.

Original Titles:
ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Mario Odyssey
Kirby Star Allies
Mario Tennis Aces
Super Mario Party
Smash Ultimate
Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
SwSh
Astral Chain
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Ring Fit Adventure
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Mario Golf: Super Rush
Warioware: Get It Together
Metroid Dread

Wii U Ports:
BotW
MK8D
Pokken Tournament DX
Hyrule Warriors
NSMBUD
Tropical Freeze
Captain Toad
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
3D World + Bowser's Fury
The Wonderful 101
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Other Ports/Remakes:
LGPE
Link's Awakening
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Super Mario 3D All Stars
Skyward Sword HD
Miitopia
Mario Party Superstars
BDSP

Totals:
Original Games: 22 (52.4%)
Wii U Ports: 11 (26.2%)
Other Remakes: 9 (21.4%)

So yeah, there are far more original games than anything else. Maybe if you throw in the other remakes you'd be correct about 50/50, but aside from that the Original Games outnumber the other categories and it isn't even close.

And if we look to the future of what's already announced, we have Legends Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Splatoon 3, BotW2, and Metroid Prime 4 added to the Original Games list and Advance Wars: Re-Boot Camp added to the Other Remakes list, which will skew the results even more towards original games.

Also if you're wondering why I counted Astral Chain and TW101 and not Bayonetta, it's because Nintendo owns those but not Bayonetta. Bayonetta is owned by SEGA, not Nintendo.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Sorry, this topic has been locked.