Forums

Topic: What is your 2020 GOTY?

Posts 41 to 45 of 45

jedgamesguy

Final Fantasy VII Remake was absolutely stellar for me. The soundtrack, cinematics, graphics, voice acting, gameplay and story were all top-notch for me. It borderlines silly at the end of course, but that's no problem for me considering I never even touched the original. Because that was an original game it takes first place. The other two are very tough and aren't in any order. Persona 5 Royal and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. I had never played the original, or any game in the series before I played Royal and I wondered there and then "what have I been missing?! Where have you been all my life?" It's so addicting it borderlines illegal. And Xenoblade was already a masterpiece with only one thing holding it back; the graphics. That limitation was lifted, add in remastered field and battle music, and a small epilogue, and you get a masterpiece on a larger scale. The art style is a great new transition, a cross between 1 and 2's which is really good for highlighting emotions. What can I say?

All three are 10/10 experiences though, and all of them are worth a go regardless of rank.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

FullMetalWesker

Pleasantly surprised to see so many choose FFVII Remake; most GOTY awards/rankings I've seen so far have picked either Ghost of Tsushima or The Last of Us Part II, to the point where I'd wondered if everyone had forgotten it (it did come out in April after all) so it's nice to see it get some love.

Personally, overall I'd also pick the aforementioned Final Fantasy VII Remake, but for Switch titles specifically, well, the only contenders are Animal Crossing, 51 Worldwide games, Paper Mario, and Hyrule Warriors; all of which I've been enjoying so far, but, at the moment at least, none really stand out among the crowd; that said, if I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity for taking the Musou concept and doing something interesting with it.

FullMetalWesker

Snatcher

Never played the remake been playing the og one but I'm sure there the same so GOTY for me. no spoilers I'm not done with it yet.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Dezzy

FullMetalWesker wrote:

Pleasantly surprised to see so many choose FFVII Remake; most GOTY awards/rankings I've seen so far have picked either Ghost of Tsushima or The Last of Us Part II, to the point where I'd wondered if everyone had forgotten it (it did come out in April after all) so it's nice to see it get some love.

That's because traditional gaming media sites have a strong bias towards things that take themselves very seriously. It's the same kind of issue the Oscars have.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Mr-Fuggles777

The game I've enjoyed most this year has been Kingdom of Amular re-reckoning. Not a perfect game but I loved exploring the world, uncovering the Lore and Completing the ridiculous amount of side quests available.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic