Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 69,991

Therad

skywake wrote:

I wonder how much the subscription for online will hurt sales for their multiplayer heavy releases. Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart, Mario Maker. Surely it'll have some impact. On the same note I've seen bits and pieces from a couple of places what the subscription will give you in addition to online. I saw one bit saying that it'll be $8/mo and another one saying it'll give you an NES/SNES game each month and discounts. If those games stay if you cancel your subscription? That could be ok. If not.....

Splatoon will probably take the greatest hi, the others doesn't need online nearly as much.

Therad

skywake

Australian pricing confirmed, $470.... wow.... for perspective:

$149AU - 2DS + Mario Kart 7
$249AU - New 3DS XL
$399AU - XBOne S + FIFA/Minecraft
$429AU - Wii U + Mario Kart, Smash Bros & Nintendo Land
$439AU - PS4 500GB
$469AU - Nintendo Switch
$499AU - PS4 1TB
$559AU - PS4 Pro

(before the stream I was expecting ~$390AU, after it I thought ~$430AU)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ryu_Niiyama

@DefHalan There was decent support for Tales on the wii, ds and 3ds. I'm not worried. More excited about Taiko anyway. ...although I am still working on the new wiiu and 3ds versions. Ugh, this makes my backlog more daunting.

@WinterSugoi... Did you change your username? Sorry, distracted. Anyway. The no region locking was such a win for me. No more having two boxes hooked up or toting two systems. With some form of Blazeblu and Street Fighter on switch I am a happy camper. Besides I played SFIIHD to DEATH so having it in portable form is a plus. Now if only I could get 3rd strike. And MvC....oh I should not be this excited for a system I already knew I was going to buy. Nintendo everything is updating like crazy and every new tidbit is increasing my purchase budget.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@skywake I think the subscription allows you to download 1 game every month; however, they also expire after a month. At least, from what I understood of it. So, wanna play SMB3 again? You gotta pick that game as your free game for the month, or just buy it.

Octane

Mintendo

I want to know more about the online stuff they were talking about (that smart device thing). And obviously a lot more about what games they plan on releasing at launch. I'm getting BOTW, but something else that's not a remake/reboot/whatever or that stupid looking 1,2 Switch would be nice.

Edit: Are we supposed to pay Nintendo to be able to use our phones to voice chat? And "rent" an old NES/SNES game for a month? Is that their online service?

Edited on by Mintendo

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

Octane

Also, where's my Pikmin game that was finished about two years ago?

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

Also, where's my Pikmin game that was finished about two years ago?

You mean the one coming to the 3DS?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

dtjive

BiasedSonyFan wrote:

@dtjive

People have moved on- they don't want a Wii 2.0.

People are still buying second-hand Nintendo Wiis and playing video games like Just Dance 2017 on them. With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah but that's because it costs what? Less than $50 bucks.

I'm sure if it was $300 then perhaps it'd be a different story.

dtjive

iKhan

Nintendo has a pricing problem, and it's going to bury them.

It killed Mario Run. It's going to kill 1, 2 Switch, and possibly the Switch itself.

Nintendo needs to do a better job of focus testing how to price it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

PrincessSugoi

@Ryu_Niiyama Yes I did. :3 I was confident Japanese devs would flock to this console and that a floodgate would be release after the presentation but goodness. The more I scroll back on NintendoEverything, the more updates come through!

... OMG STORY OF SEASONS SWITCH. ADFMFGNGJFNfgjgnnne I wasn't expecting to hear anything Switch related for that series for another year at least. How am I supposed to go to sleep tonight with all this post presentation stuff keeping me hype?!

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

skywake

Thinking about the pricing a bit more and when you break it down into components? I wonder why we ever thought it'd be cheap. Consider this list of Australian prices for similar components:

$99AU - USB Type C, Display Port alt-mode HDMI adaptor + Charging
$69AU - Wii Remote
$29AU - 3DS NFC reader

Technically the dock is basically the same deal as the first item. The Joycons are basically Wii Remotes except the second one also has NFC. Those are retail prices but together that's already over $250AU. Even if there's a profit margin across those components at like 50% or something. That's still over $100AU. AND they have to squeeze in a tablet in there also.

With hindsight I think we were kidding ourselves thinking it'd come in at $250US/$380AU. The people who thought the GamePad added a lot to the cost of the Wii U? I think the Dock and Joycons are about 2x the BOM cost of the GamePad. I haven't seen any pricing yet but I reckon if they're selling the dock separately it's almost surely going for ~$100US.

edit: Noticed that EBGames has a lot of stuff up now. All stuff we know but there are some dates. Kinda.
Launch: Zelda, 1-2 Switch, Just Dance
Launch Window: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2017: Mario, Splatoon, Arms, Has Been Heroes, Lego City, FIFA, NBA
TBA: Skyrim, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Octopath, Dragonball, Farming Sim, Minecraft, Rayman, Shin Megami Tensei, Steep, Sonic, I Am Setsuna, Skylanders

Edited on by skywake

OorWullie

It says the SNES or NES game we can choose from every month will have online play added,that's been a long time wish of mine.I'm assuming we'll get to keep it for as long as we're subscribed.They're not going to go to the bother of adding online and only have it playable for 1 month.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JoyBoy

Maybe the first month is free! Who am I kidding, right?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

skywake

@Spanjard
From what they've said so far online is still free until around August. Also I did read somewhere that the subscription service will only be available in the US, Canada and Mexico at launch. Whatever that means. No online at all for everyone else until later? Maybe they'll have separate deals for different regions....

@shaneoh
Hopefully there are some launch day deals going around. You just know that someone like Target is going to slash that price something ridiculous. That always happens. Right?

ThainEshKelch

I can't believe there are only 2 games announced for the consoles release, and one is even a gimmick game.

ThainEshKelch

Therad

The switch has the same msrp as the PS4 slim and Xbox one S as an comparison.

Therad

Therad

ThainEshKelch wrote:

I can't believe there are only 2 games announced for the consoles release, and one is even a gimmick game.

Me neither, since it has more than 2!

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic