Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,901 to 69,920 of 69,997

skywake

@Grumblevolcano @IceClimbers
It could also be a combination of both of these things. i.e. there is no Pokemon game this year BECAUSE they are restructuring and giving that task to this new studio

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

Remember us saying this game was coming like, 3 years ago when there was a Gamestop listing lol? Sure enough here it is.

Ya know, I like these kinds of AA experiences. Stuff like Wreckfest, AEW Fight Forever, Biomutant... these are the games offering diversity.

I'm gonna check this one out for sure.

@IceClimbers
Didn't you know that's Stretch Armstrong in the flesh? They've been known to reach across the entire kitchen table 😀

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MH Stories now has a release date, June 14th!

Bet!!!

I wonder if the amiibo will be compatible?

Untitled

Well I guess this answers my question... YES!!!

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers TPC usually has 2 Pokemon Presents per year, 1 in February to celebrate Pokemon Day and 1 in Summer (sometimes in June which reveals release dates, sometimes in August when the release dates were revealed as tweets in June). While I do think remakes would be saved for an April general Direct to have as Direct start (Direct closer would probably be Metroid), it could be announced in a later Pokemon Presents instead.

Since Pokemon went with simultaneous worldwide releases (XY) these are announcement months for each of the mainline games:

• XY - January 2013
  • ORAS - May 2014
  • Sun/Moon - February 2016
  • Ultra Sun/Moon - June 2017
  • Let's Go - May 2018
  • Sword/Shield - February 2019
  • Sword/Shield DLC - January 2020
  • BDSP - February 2021
  • Legends Arceus - February 2021
  • Scarlet/Violet - February 2022
  • Scarlet/Violet DLC - February 2023
  • Legends Z-A - February 2024

The pattern seems to be that brand new games (new generation, Legends) and their paid DLC are announced in January/February meanwhile old games (remakes, 3rd versions) are announced in May/early June. BDSP is currently the only exception.

The whole thing about Nintendo's fiscal year shareholders meeting resulting in Switch's successor news by early May if it's releasing by the end of March 2025 could mess around with the announcement timeline a bit if remakes are coming this year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OctolingKing13

@WoomyNNYes I honestly don’t think it’s gonna be slow, remember last year when there was nothing after totk, and then the June direct revealed that 2023 was one of the best years of Switch? Just gotta wait I think. Also probably get major updates in games, like the Final Fest, and directs revealing the new console and its launch titles. Don’t think they’ll make this year boring 🙂

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes The silence for 2nd half just showcases when more news has to come by, look at last year for example. The known upcoming lineup before the June general Direct was Everybody 1-2-Switch in June, Pikmin 4 in July, Metroid Prime 4 TBA and some DLC.

This time, the known upcoming lineup after LM2 is:

• 2025 - Pokemon Legends Z-A
  • TBA - Metroid Prime 4

So given Nintendo always releases games in July, you know for certain Nintendo's going to announce more stuff by May, unless they chose to release Metroid Prime 4 in July of which you'd get a Metroid Direct around May instead.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@WoomyNNYes Slow for you or slow for the Switch? Not trying to antagonize but your wording is confusing. So far 2024 has had a steady number of games for switch so I don't understand what your stance is unless it is simply "the games that are coming out aren't for me" which is an entirely different statement than, the game releases for the switch are slow. Honestly if this is the Switch's last solo year it is one of the best if not the best hardware wind down I've ever seen. Games keep coming out and we just had a direct which takes us into the summer (and the fall for some releases)... Plus the new Legends game is next year, so doesn't feel very slow to me at all. Note when I say this it has nothing to do with what games I am personally interested in and to do with actual release schedule (which I feel is a more accurate gauge).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GrailUK

@Giancarlothomaz They have already said they are working ion the next console. It has a release date planed for 20XX. So 2030 then...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

rallydefault

I mean, so far I've had an awesome game to buy every month in 2024 on my Switch, which I feel like is a pretty darn good pace. (Prince of Persia, Mario v Donkey Kong, Unicorn Overlord)

On that note, this is probably a weird opinion, but I feel like Ubisoft is wasting time, effort, and expenses on adding to Prince of Persia: Lost Crown. It's a fantastic game. Absolutely fantastic. And I'll probably replay it at some point. But in my opinion, it's a spectacular single-player game that should just be left the way it is, kind of like Tears of the Kingdom. Take the win and move your people and resources on to other projects, for crying out loud!

rallydefault

OctolingKing13

@Giancarlothomaz oh man I got so excited when I saw that cause I thought it was official lol! I wouldn’t really trust any leakers except pyoro though, most YouTubers just want attention.

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Grumblevolcano

Didn't expect Unicorn Overlord to have major stock issues like Amazon wait time is 1-2 months. Lucky I got it at launch.

Grumblevolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@Grumblevolcano VW never did huge print runs. Likely because they are niche and they probably adjusted based on the GrimGrimorie sales. They likely didn't expect this game to sell so well. That being said it looks like the switch version only is having stock issues.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

skywake

Worth noting that by this time next year it'll be 5 years since the last Animal Crossing. And it's not exactly a title that doesn't sell. Predicting a new one by 2026 is like predicting that there'll be a new Mario Kart for the Switch 2 launch or a new 3D Mario

Not saying it's at all credible just saying it's a bit of a "in breaking news, the sun rose this morning" kind of prediction.......

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

OctolingKing13

@skywake Animal Crossing games are usually released every four years(average): Animal Crossing (2001), Animal Crossing Wild World (2005), Animal Crossing City Folk (2008) Animal Crossing New Leaf (2012), Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (2017), and Animal Crossing New Horizons (2020). So I’d honestly be shocked if it was 2026 and not a launch title for switch 2.

I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Magician

I'm one of the few people who like New Leaf more than New Horizon.

(The absence of Happy Home Showcase in NH was baffling as it was my favorite feature.)

I could be convinced to double-dip on an HD port of NL on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FishyS

@Magician I think plenty of people really like New Leaf, New Horizons simply sold 3-4 times as much (partially but not completely because of covid) and it was also the first in the series that truly found a popular home for non-portable players.

That said, I assume a new gen game is on the horizon, so I seriously doubt we would get a NL port. I suspect they will be doing their best with the next game to recapture some of the 10s of millions of people who were new to the series with NH.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Grumblevolcano

@FishyS I think if Splatoon affects Animal Crossing and vice versa we may get a situation where 1 gets a remaster, 1 gets a new game. So like if Nintendo chooses to prioritize new Animal Crossing, Splatoon 1 gets a remaster meanwhile if Nintendo choose to prioritize Splatoon 4 then New Leaf gets a remaster. In this outcome 1 of the franchises gets a new game around 2026 and the other gets a new game around 2030.

If the 2 franchises don't affect each other, I think new Animal Crossing would be 2025 and Splatoon 4 in 2026.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic