Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,921 to 69,940 of 69,981

WoomyNNYes

Still waiting for these to be announced for switch😂, possibly in vain.
Zelda Wind Waker
Mario Galaxy 2

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

ACNL Remastered on Switch should get exactly same treatment from ACNH: The villagers that will NEVER Moving Out by themselves unless we kick them out.
That's what I want exactly so I can keep my villagers forever when I get hiatus from the game.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m still sorta surprised/confused that Nintendo dropped support for Animal Crossing so early. Granted this is the only one I actually played (I own the rest but never got beyond 15 minutes) ao my perception may be skewed.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dogorilla

I can't see New Leaf or Splatoon 1 getting ports/remasters. These are iterative series, and while there are still some features exclusive to those games (I'm team NL over NH myself) they're still broadly very similar to their successors but without a lot of the new features and QoL improvements that said successors introduced. Most casual players wouldn't want to go back to New Leaf or Splatoon 1 unless they were completely revamped with new content, at which point Nintendo might as well just incorporate a few of their features into a brand new game instead.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

skywake

@Dogorilla
100%. It'd be like if Nintendo announced tomorrow they were making a Mario Kart 7 HD remaster. I mean sure, that'd be neat. I wouldn't complain if they did it. And there are some things in 7 that are "locked" on the 3DS. But at the same time...... I'd be asking why that and not more DLC or a Mario Kart 9

Although, thinking about it, my analogy breaks a bit if I was to go a bit deeper. Because I would be very interested indeed if they went way back and revisited Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 64. And Animal Crossing doesn't really have an analogue to that

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

@Dogorilla
If Splatoon 1 get remastered, better it has more OFFLINE features as we can't even purchase the clothes / weapons if the game is Offline.
And for ACNL Remastered, better copy paste the gameplay structure from ACNH and the villagers in ACNL Remastered will never moving out from your island by themselves until you kick them out.

Anti-Matter

skywake

Random tangent and figured I'd post it in here given any other thread I could post it in is long dead. There is only one unbeaten level left in Super Mario Maker. One. This level:

And the servers turn off next month

FishyS

@skywake I haven't been tracking this too closely. Do you know if it ignores the levels which require features that were patched out (e.g phantom jump) and therefore are impossible to beat or did crazy people actually revert the game version to beat those also?

Mario Maker 2 has 1,075,243 uncleared levels as of 4 months ago, but of course people still create levels so we can't beat them all. Maybe the community can help shrink that number after they are finishes with Mario Maker 1.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

JaxonH

Just an FYI, Mobapad M6 HD are on sale WITH the case for $80. It's on sale for $84 and you get $4 discounted in cart for spending over $75.

I know that might not be an earth-shattering deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning given official joycon are $80 while this gets you joycon with every bit of functionality plus a ton more, and a custom case to fit your Switch when the joycon are attached.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806212538464.html?spm=a2g0...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@FishyS
I've been watching a certain Youtuber on his quest to help beat all the MM1 levels (not certain if I'm allowed to say Youtuber names here), and I got the impression that they truly are beating every level.

rallydefault

FishyS

@NeonPizza I've never noticed that issue with Mega Man 11, but I've also only ever seen it on Switch so I can't compare the versions. In general though, Switch is an incredibly lean device so mild performance issues aren't uncommon in a lot of games, especially third party games.

I agree Switch Pro Controller feels absolutely wonderful. I would argue the D-pad is massively unreliable for some games, but Mega Man 11 is not one of those games. A few games force me to change to joystick or even occasionally use the actual joycons, but I stick with pro controller whenever possible because it feels so good.

@rallydefault People dump YouTube videos here all the time, so I don't think saying a name is against TOS as long as it's part of the relevant discussion and not just a random advertisement. That said, I've seen YouTubers working on the 'beat all levels' thing also, I just haven't been tracking it too carefully.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

skywake

@rallydefault
The rule is don't beg. Pointing to someone else's channel is fine. Making a post/thread asking people to subscribe to your channel is not. Although with how the mods interpret some of the rules sometimes your mileage may vary

Edited on by skywake

rallydefault

@skywake @FishyS
Oh, well, I'm not linking anything and I'm certainly not advertising anything. But I've been watching Thab forever, and he's been grinding away at the tough levels. Very entertaining!

rallydefault

gcunit

Well its finally happened. I've officially lost track of which Switch games I possess.

I got a delivery from Limited Run Games (I know) today, consisting of 2 games I thought I'd already received. So I've been rummaging around the various locations I have Switch games stashed, but haven't found them. So either I've been in such a drunken stupor of games purchases that I'm
now imagining expensive games being delivered that actually haven't, or I'm just descending into such a state of disorganisation and game oversaturation that I can't even tell any more. Good job I've been cutting down this month.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit I have a spreadsheet to keep track of mine. It's that bad now.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

@Haruki_NLI Yeh, I started a spreadsheet years ago, pre-Switch I think. But I've been putting off updating it since about 2018, so it's almost worthless now and the whole exercise probably needs redoing from the start, at least in terms of Switch titles.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FishyS

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago where I discovered I owned a game I swear I had never heard of. Since then I have slowly but surely been making a very detailed spreadsheet with play status/time, genre, price, publisher, review score etc. Only a couple more hundred games to add...

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Ninfan

Is there a new Duke nukem game released on switch, or any console. Not the pinball game.

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic