Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,841 to 69,860 of 70,363

Anti-Matter

@GrailUK
Also, I have drawn my fan art about Nintendo Switch 7th Anniversary with my fictional character David.

Anti-Matter

Tasuki

@skywake Well that's good to know that they are cross compatible. That's the one thing I was worried about. Yeah I like the all white look of the OLED dock and the placement of cords over the original one, but at this point I just want/need a dock for the front room tv.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

Yo this Expeditions, "A Mudrunner Game" is insanely therapeutic. No lie. I was not expecting to get so engrossed in driving through mud at 2 mph deflating my tires for traction, getting stuck, spending 3 min rocking back and forth trying to get out...

It sounds horrible I'm sure. But when you're playing it's just... zen like. And it's such a gorgeous game! For real! The graphics in this game are impressive for Switch. And that helps because immersion in the world is part of the therapy

Can hardly believe I'm saying this but... I really dig this game. I wasn't as into the other ones. But this one here is different. It's something else. It's more than just simulation obstacle of road and environment. This one is like an open world adventure, with exploration and science partners on the excursion with you.

Is there a demo for this? If so I highly recommend you guys try it out. It's wild but... this game seriously rocks

Untitled

[Edited by JaxonH]

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

@JaxonH Have you played a previous mudrunner game? I got bored with Mudrunner American Wilds rather quickly. It was a very well made game, but wasn't for me. Although, maybe I just want racing, and not calculated offroad crawling (for a lack of better description).

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

GrailUK

Yuzu have settled out of court for $2.4M. I suppose the patreon (and I read someone mention they actually had a TotK fix behind the paywall!) didn't help. Sounds like they were dead to rights.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NintendoByNature

Time to grab PoP Lost Crown. It's $29.99 at best buy.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Go go go!!!

You're not buying a game my friend. You're investing in solid gold bullion, just in the shape of a Switch cartridge.

When I look at my copy of Prince of Persia, this is what I see...

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FishyS

@liztesterenca The test failed. None of us saw it. 😀

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

JaxonH

$109 for Sandisk 1.5 TB micro SD.

Get em while they're hot boys!

@RupeeClock
1.5 TB Sandisk micro SD for $109 on Amazon!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CJMRW771/ref=ox_sc_act_image...

edit
As usual, SwitchUp has the only review one needs for Unicorn Overlord.

"Had this game released 25 years ago I believe it would now be heralded in the same regard as Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre and some of the earlier Fire Emblem titles."

That says it all, really.

[Edited by JaxonH]

JaxonH

Could it be possible?

Untitled

SD Express is finally launching, backed by major brand, and it releases later this year, as a result of "collaboration with a customer"

Is it possible? Could Switch 2 be using NVMe and Nintendo needed faster removable storage, so they collaborated to bring SD Express to market?

I doubt such a major brand would do so for some random camcorder. Sales don't justify it. Maybe if subsidized but why would a company releasing camcorders care to do that when other options exist?

This has to be Nintendo... right???

[Edited by JaxonH]

Rambler

@JaxonH
That could suggest high-end cameras though? The ones that cost £10k and the like.

But, yeah, the sales of the switch2 should be much much higher than those, and therefore more as cards would be sold.

Rambler

JaxonH

@Rambler
For sure it definitely could be.

But still... it would make sense, wouldn't it? Especially with 256gb. That sounds exactly like something Nintendo would do (never enough storage lol 😆)

Grumblevolcano

Picked up Unicorn Overlord and transferred my demo save data over. It is being sent to the backlog though, I started Tomb Raider 1 a few days ago and Big Run is coming. I'll probably return to Unicorn Overlord in April, currently there's nothing I want to buy that month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Rambler
What makes me suspicious is their refusal to name the customer. Usually they're like, "Samsung partnered with Panasonic for their new line of such and such slated for late 2024".

Being vague with "a customer" just makes me wonder why. What's so special about this product you refuse to name your partner?

Rambler

@JaxonH
It definitely sounds like its for use in an unannounced product, and, like you say, most of the time the partner / customer would be mentioned. If this is not for the Switch2, it could still be an interesting development. But it is for the Switch2, then it's rather exciting development:-)
And it's not like there are many other companies who would want to remain anonymous over a micro SD card at this moment in time

Rambler

skywake

@JaxonH @Rambler
We also can't rule out the possibility of Microsoft releasing a portable either. And presumably a Steam Deck 2 is something that will happen in the next couple of years. Not to mention there are potentially others that could be wanting to make a play in some shape or form. What if, for example, Amazon or Facebook are intending on entering the smartphone market... again...

With that said, the speed at which flash is getting faster, cheaper, higher capacity? Especially over the last 5 years or so. I do think Switch 2 is going to be significantly more capable in that regard than most people are expecting. And if the internal storage is that much more capable it only makes sense to support faster external storage also. microSD Express is the most obvious candidate. It makes sense

........ whether it happens or not is another question. This is the same Nintendo who was dragged kicking and screaming to optical media. The same Nintendo who clearly had storage as an afterthought on Wii and Wii U. Lateral thinking with withered technology, that's Nintendo. I'm not sure how microSD Express fits that philosophy

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

IceClimbers

Got the Star Wars Battlefront Collection preloaded and ready to go! Battlefront II was my most wanted Switch port by far, so I was ecstatic when the collection got announced in the Partner Showcase.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic