Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,061 to 68,080 of 70,008

Anti-Matter

The things to remember, not everyone have interest with mainstream games like zelda or fortnite or FIFA or splatoon or etc, so whoever really pissed off by the announcement of Everybody 1-2-Switch , I can tell those peoples really hate niche games.

Be granted if Nintendo still keep making quirky games that cater the peoples who have interest with quirky gameplay.
Niche things is still have their audiences.
The games are garbage for certain peoples, the other peoples will consider them as hidden treasures.
When Nintendo stop making cute quirky games, Nintendo will be the next Microsoft 2.0 which they hate in making kids / quirky games.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

Odyssey 2, ARMS 2 and Pokken 2 currently are the big missing sequels to the 2017 lineup. Yes, I am counting the Booster Course Pass as the sequel to MK8 Deluxe given it doubles the total number of tracks.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

It looks as though they're positioning the Switch's swansong to be a throwback to it's first year on the market, given how we've already gotten Zelda and 1-2 Switch sequels (along with sequels to other 2017 games if we go back to 2022 with Splatoon, Mario Rabbids, Xenoblade, etc.) so if I had to chance a guess on what might be ahead, I'd be pretty confident in saying that we're going to get a 3D Mario as the last major release for the system (paralleling 2017 with Odyssey coming out a few months after BOTW). Coupled with a few rumoured remasters (Paper Mario, F-Zero, etc.) and perhaps even a few surprises along the way and 2023/24 could end up being something pretty damn special

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

ZeldaFan83

@Owl1 I decided to try out a pro controller at Best Buy when I was out and about today. Best controller I’ve held and the d pad feels fine IMO. I’ll buy one once I have the money.

ZeldaFan83

JaxonH

@ZeldaFan83
Highly recommend these analog caps for the sticks, too. The rubber can be a bit slippery in the heat of gameplay when you start perspiring a bit.

I also use these on my joycon and it makes them so much better. Just a smidge taller which offers a bit more control, a bit wider and grippier which makes it easier to use.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

Woah. Dying light + Call of Juarez double pack on sale for $10.79.

NintendoByNature

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza I'll have to agree with you, my score is mainly based on the Switch controller market and not Nintendo as a whole. I have used both Xbox One and Series controllers and both feel great but the rumble in them feels very one-note, however, Xbox wins in the design department with the crazy colors and controller design lab (seriously Nintendo, get on that!) and in the lab you can even change the style of grip to a rubber(like) one that's kinda the Switch Pro Controller.

Both are good controllers, but one is Nintendo.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza The Xbox Series controller I'd gladly spend $80 on another one lol (I love my blue one).

I think now that Nintendo had all eyes on them again they need to crank up the crazy on the next system a bit to get people in the mood to buy another console (just a reminder the Switch is still selling well lol).

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza I should also add that I only use my Xbox controllers on PC since they connect the best with Windows.

Trailblazerkeebler

Good day all. Just grabbed an OLED Switch and Tears of the Kingdom which will keep me busy awhile. Super excited. Also grabbed a 1 TB card for game acquisition which leads me to: What games should I grab (when I want to play something other than Zelda) ? Looking for 3rd party options ranging from Witcher 3 like games to say Hand of Fate 2 dungeon crawler types. Open worlds cool but open to well crafted games in general. AA titles fine too. Appreciate the help from those much more familar with the Nintendo Switch ecosphere.

Trailblazerkeebler

FishyS

@Trailblazerkeebler There are literally thousands of games on Switch, so it depends on what you want. There are basically amazing games in every possible genre except the niche PS-5 type games all about high-res graphics which Switch can't handle.

NintendoLife has 'best of' lists for many genres and these forums have a thread of people listing their top 10 Switch games.

Are you specifically not looking for first party games? What genres and sub-genres do you like? You mentioned open-world but Zelda and Witcher 3 are already at the top of that list.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Trailblazerkeebler

@FishyS I will skulk around the forum to see what I can see. I like alot of adventure, RPG, action-RPG, FPS, turn based possibly. I am already familiar with Nintendo's 1st party offerings so looking to see what games are offered on Switch that are on other platforms or even exclusive to Switch. Thanks much

Trailblazerkeebler

FishyS

@Trailblazerkeebler If you like action rpgs, there is an article with some good ones:

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/best-nintendo-switch-acti...

Switch is not exactly known for an FPS focus, but there is an article for some good FPS games as well:

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/best-nintendo-switch-fps-...

More generally, there are lots of good best-of articles with good games both in the lists and in the comments: https://www.nintendolife.com/best-games

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza but at least Xbox Controllers are always in stock and go on sale decently often.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic