Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,041 to 68,060 of 69,964

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Nintendo to announce F Zero to that one die hard fan in person at General Meeting but has no plans to announce anything at this time. Please understand. Causing confusion amongst shareholders and everyone worldwide alike

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

My experience with the Switch OLED so far have pretty much confirmed my general previous thoughts on it. That if you have to replace your original Switch, it's better to go for the Switch OLED than to get another original Switch. But if you think your original Switch will last until Nintendo releases a more powerful Switch, it works out better to keep your original Switch.

The OLED screen is definitely better quality than the LCD screen on the original Switch and I prefer that the screen is bigger. Granted I've only tried MK8 Deluxe, Smash Ultimate and Theatrhythm with it so far but I can already very noticeably see the improvement with stuff like Rainbow Road, Northern Cave and the unlockable Crisis Core Reunion video.

I could see this difference in quality cause problems for Nintendo in the future if they chose to not have an OLED version of a more powerful Switch available at launch. Sony did officially reveal that rumoured Q remote play device in the Playstation Showcase though so the news about Sharp doing LCD screens for a new console could easily be for that instead of something Nintendo.

As for the other Switch OLED features. More internal storage is kind of whatever for me given I'm using a 1TB microSD card and can't say I noticed any difference in speaker quality compared to the original Switch. I do feel the OLED dock is better quality though.

I do hope that when it comes to a more powerful Switch that Nintendo does something to approach transfers better. I lost all my screenshots and videos and as I mentioned earlier, having to redownload all your games and DLC is extremely obnoxious. I felt the transfer process was much smoother between 3DS devices and from Wii to Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rambler

Switch-adjacent, maybe. saw this in the wild the other day - Giant bronze "decaying" Pikachu with crystals growing in it:

Untitled

Rambler

blindsquirrel

@Rambler
That’s cool, looks like some statue in an old temple. Now I kinda want Gamefreak to implement this type of thing.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Rambler

@Owl1 @blindsquarel it was really ace
Among other sculptures done in the same series was a 3m Fleischer-style rabbit that, from a distance, looked like it's cheek had fallen off. Some interesting greco-roman pastiches done in the same style.

Rambler

Magician

E3 season is upon us.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ZeldaFan83

I really dislike the joycons and they’ve gotten worse since we bought our first switch in 2019. Looking at buying a controller. But, I like what the pro controller offers. It works with iOS and Apple TV. Plus it works out of the box on my linux box.

For $70, is it worth the price tag? The inoperability alone makes me want to buy one.

Edited on by ZeldaFan83

ZeldaFan83

Okami1

@ZeldaFan83 It's one of the best controllers on the market and feels great in the hands.

Worth the price 100%

dysgraphia awareness human

ZeldaFan83

@Owl1 Awesome. Playing borderlands on joycons is pretty cumbersome. How’s the DPad?

ZeldaFan83

Grumblevolcano

You know it's June when you search for an already existing Nintendo Direct and the search results come up with clickbait youtubers instead. I only wanted to go back to the February Direct and rewatch stuff like the Ghost Trick reveal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Okami1

Uh, so Nintendo is a bit crazy right now... Did not see that coming.

dysgraphia awareness human

TheBigBlue

@Professor_Plumber I actually don’t mind a Twitter direct. I can just see what Nintendo posts and go “oh that’s cool” and log off again without reading the comments asking for a new Game And Watch game (for some reason, idk)

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

TheBigBlue

@Professor_Plumber nope, just the 1-2 switch thing

I’m sure the folks in the “next Nintendo direct” and in this thread will update you as well as Nintendo Life, so no need to worry

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic