Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,041 to 68,060 of 68,197

SlashFuture

@Kermit1 Huh, like video game devs are gonna make less and less games because of money/creativity issues instead of consumers buying less games?

Background Character in my Own Story.

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

I may post sporadically, but I'll try to reply as soon as I can!

Kermit1

@SlashFuture I meant more of like the workers and crunch and a walkout. It's only a hypothesis anyway it can change.

Currently Playing: Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Known to be quirky on occasion

SlashFuture

@Kermit1 Ohhh gotcha, yeah that would make sense... Honestly I could see that happening, given what's been happening in other industries that it could spread to video games...

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

Kermit1

@SlashFuture I don't think game devs have a guild or a union (as in workers).

SlashFuture

@Kermit1 I've seen a couple of articles of a few small separate Unions starting up, but no main Union or Guild like Movies and Tv , and Honestly it's still early days there so who knows how that's going to go...

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

Kermit1

@SlashFuture I think things are going to hit a boiling point and then fizzle and get better. I think the same is also going to happen to CGI studios.

Grumblevolcano

I think live service will eventually be the cause of a gaming crash, we're increasingly seeing studios trying to chase Fortnite riches and within a few years of launch (sometimes even less than a year) the games are already shutdown.

Pretty sure if Microsoft manages to acquire Activision, Jim Ryan's live service strategy (currently 11 Playstation Studios live service games by 2025) for Playstation will put Sony in a worse position than they were prior to PS4 launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SlashFuture

@Kermit1 I hope it goes the direction you're saying, and not the other direction... And with everything coming out lately with Marvel's CGI studios in particular, I could also see that happening...
@GrumbleVolcano Yeah, that's another good example... Done right,like as a complement to the Main Game, I can see Live Service being a bonus(Animal Crossing for example, I was actually happy with how that went... Although I wonder if they stopped development on that for Splatoon 3, and that's why we haven't gotten any more updates?), But when it's the main focus, without proper support it does fizzle out quickly...

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

Kermit1

@Grumblevolcano that's also a very good reason for a gaming crash.

One other scenario I can see happening for Nintendo is the next "Switch" system underperforming because it's too similar to what they already have and it's not worth buying a new one just for a new Mario game and a sports game.

JaxonH

To me, thats a failure on part of the VFX studio to specify in the contract for the director that any changes requested after the fact will be paid for by the customer, not the VFX studio.

This is common practice in manufacturing. We make aluminum die-cast parts for the auto industry. Customer submits a CAD model and print for what they want. We order a million dollar die to cast with. If the customer decides "oh, we wanna change this because our initial design resulted in porosity" guess who pays for it... they do.

I feel that's an amateur mistake to not have such a clause in your contract. You always tell the customer they must shoulder the burden of costs accrued to do any design changes requested outside the scope of the original agreement.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Engage, Persona 4 Golden, Crisis Core FFVII, Monster Hunter Rise, Mario Rabbids SoH
3DS: Fire Emblem Fates - Revelations
SD: Sniper Elite 5, Jedi Fallen Order
XSX / PS5 / PC: [none]

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Playing through Fire Emblem Engage makes me want to replay older games after finishing it instead of going onto the next Switch backlog game but on the other hand there's probably a Direct soon which may have more Fire Emblem for Switch. Maybe a replay of the Tellius games as those are the least likely to appear on the Switch or any successor.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SlashFuture

I don't want to keep this going too long over here on the Nintendo Switch thread, so if anybody wants me to start another thread for this discussion I'd be interested, or if we're also good for now that's fine with me too...
@Kermit1 Thanks a lot for that video, really interesting and insightful! And like I said, I'd be interested in continuing in another thread, because I think we have an interesting conversation going here...

Edited on by SlashFuture

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

Kermit1

@SlashFuture We can continue it in the movie thread sometime.

SlashFuture

@Kermit1 Cool, sounds good!

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

Kermit1

NintendoByNature

Anyone got a nice compact list of February/March releases for switch? At least notable releases that is.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature A quick look on the eshop shows:
February 2nd - Life is Strange 2
February 14th - Blanc
February 16th - Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
February 17th - Tales of Symphonia Remastered
February 22nd - Digimon World: Next Order
February 24th - Octopath Traveler II, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe
March 17th - Bayonetta Origins

There doesn't seem to be much for March but that's nothing a Direct can't solve.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano @Ralizah so far, I think I only have tales of symphonia pre-ordered but I'm on the fence with Kirby. I know my little guy would enjoy it, so maybe ill go with those two. I can't bite the bullet on Octopath II at this point. There's simply no time! As for fatal frame, I've never played a game in the series. I like horror games to an extent, but that's more psychological horror, yes?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic