Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,701 to 64,720 of 70,011

Ralizah

@Magician @Grumblevolcano I believe I've read that Sony funded the development of that particular Castlevania collection, so it being exclusive makes sense. They generally don't care all that much about snagging exclusivity rights for ancient Square-Enix games, though.

Thankfully, it doesn't matter to me either way. FFT bored me to tears on PS1, so I'm not hugely inclined to repurchase it at a premium, even on my beloved Nintendo Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

Thankfully, it doesn't matter to me either way. FFT bored me to tears on PS1, so I'm not hugely inclined to repurchase it at a premium, even on my beloved Nintendo Switch.

@Ralizah

What what what?

Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

IceClimbers

@Giancarlothomaz He never said it would run flawlessly. Just that the "issues" would be widely unnoticeable to the vast majority of players. If it takes a Digital Foundry analysis for them to be noticeable, then there's nothing to worry about.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

StarPoint

@Giancarlothomaz I don't understand why you're being so smug about a game having performance issues. We all knew it was going to have issues. Nobody here said that it was going to run perfectly. Besides, these issues may be fixed in post-launch patches.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
You're taking this thing way too seriously guy.

I didn't "lie".

I said if the vast majority of reviewers didn't deem it an issue, than it's probably not an issue worth getting bent out of shape over.

That's because analysis makes things look WAY worse than they really are. Ppl see 50 fps and think "omg! Unplayable!" But when you're just playing the game you don't even notice. Unless it's sharp drops from 60 to 30 and back to 60 again, or drops into the low 20s, or wildly fluctuating from 25 to 55... most ppl can't even tell.

Hence why nobody talks about it. Hence why 70+ reviewers played the game start to finish, and not one of them said they felt performance was detrimental to the experience.

Fanboys have turned performance analysis into a weapon, to the extent that anything less than flawless is tarred and feathered, despite 95% of ppl playing the game finding it perfectly smooth and enjoyable.

Take your alarmism elsewhere buddy.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Bayonetta is a franchise that require a high framerate to work, precision to your attack/combos tied to 60fps

Don't know where you're getting this. But it sounds like propaganda you bought into rather than a well reasoned opinion you formed on your own.

Astral Chain demonstrably proves you DO NOT "need 60". Nier Automata on Switch is also 30, yet nobody seems to care.

Bayonetta 2 fluctuated far more than Bayo3, and yet again, everyone enjoyed it just fine.

That whole, "this game NEEDS a flawless 60 and any deviation ruins the game" is absolute horse manure

As long as the game runs reasonably fine without severe stutters that impact enjoyment, it doesn't "need" anything. You, my friend, have bought into console war propaganda.

Nobody's saying it isn't preferred. Obviously we all wish every game was a flawless 60. But acting as if dipping down to 50 from time to time is going to ruin the game just shows willful ignorance.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

I worry about performance if it renders a game unplayable. This ain't it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, I can't take all this framerate talk seriously. People had no problem playing 30fps games(like God of War 2018) on PS4, but all of a sudden anything below a locked 60 on Switch is a problem.

Especially when it comes to a game like Bayonetta where people are already upset that it's Switch exclusive.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Kermit1doesmath

Eagly wrote:

If the frame rated isn’t 1 morbillion frames per milliseconds I wont touch the game

It has to be 2 frames per second or I'm not playing, anything higher or my brain explodes.

dysgraphia awareness human

GrailUK

Hi, Dave from Digital Floundering here. We have just analysed the performance of Minesweeper. After some slight tweeking, we managed to get the game running at an incredibly smooth 5003 frames per second and believe this should become the standard all games should be measured by.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

blindsquirrel

You savages play games at 30 fps? If it’s even a frame below 500 fps, then it is practically unplayable.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Ninfan

What exactley does "the triggers have a surprisingly short travel time" mean when useing a switch controller

Ninfan

blindsquirrel

@Ninfan
Sounds like a bunch of words saying nothing. Kinda like when I do an English essay and I need to stretch it to five pages.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Rambler

The people at digital Foundry probably listen to music on one of these:
Untitled

kaisu wrote:

1 Googol per planck time is the bare minimun

Are you certain about that?

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic