Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,501 to 64,520 of 69,995

Eel

Magician wrote:

Hmm, with the upcoming Silent Hill 2 remaster (remake?) going episodic, I wonder if that'll increase the likelihood of it being ported to the Switch?
Untitled

It’s episodic? Sigh. It being PS5 exclusive was sad enough.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
Yeah I've been keeping my eye on that one for a while. Unfortunately it's a twinstick shmup instead of a traditional shmup, which considerably lessens my interest, but it certainly still looks good. I messaged the developer telling them I would be interested in a NSW port if it's possible

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

@JaxonH Thank you for going to the effort of capturing and uploading, much appreciated.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

JaxonH wrote:

Besides which, it's not a series I care about and frankly have no idea where all this hype for it is coming from. It supposedly got a few good entries 20 yrs ago, then fell off hard.

"A few good entries" is putting it lightly. The first three Silent Hill games are legendary survival horror titles, second only to Resident Evil in terms of their impact on the industry. It's a testament to how much of a mark they made on the industry that the name has so much sway after decades of franchise abuse and neglect. It's a lot like Final Fantasy, in that respect.

With that said, like any brand, it's only the talent behind it that matters, which is where these announcements fall flat for me. I'm interested in the Japanese themed one from the Higurashi writer, but Bloober Team has not demonstrated themselves to be up to the task of remaking one of the best horror games ever made. Silent Hill 2 is such a dense, powerful, layered work. Every aspect of it, from the unique sound design to the way particular camera angles are situated, is meaningful, and crucial to the full realization of its artistic goals.

I'm just glad it's not Silent Hill 1, which is, by far, my all-time favorite horror game. An over-the-shoulder camera would have ruined the brilliant opening scene of Silent Hill 1, for example.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Woke up this morning, saw Mario Rabbids was ready to play, and was almost late leaving for work trying to find and bring Rabbid Mario's overalls back so he'd come out of the bush he was hiding in.

Gonna check this game out today, though I'm really hooked on Persona 5 Royal.

@Ralizah
If you vouch for it that strongly maybe I'll give it a try when the time comes. Provided it's not "Evil Within" level evil. Ppl rave about a lot of horror games, like Eternal Darkness for example, that I simply was not impressed with. But I trust you more than most so, we'll see.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Alan Wake Remastered is out now on the eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Wait what???

That's.... amazing! But also... worrying. A stealth drop like this may indicate a poor port, and certainly no gyro aiming.

edit
Screenshots and launch trailer actually looks impressive. I have no hope of gyro aiming, but I'm still buying it. Wanna talk about a good horror style game... this is it.

Also includes the expansion content.

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

@JaxonH @Grumblevolcano

A shadow drop eh? And no physical release announced either. (Playstation and Xbox received physical copies published by Remedy.) Kind of weird.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Can someone who's bought Alan Wake confirm whether it has Gyro aiming? I bought it but I'm at work, and my Hotspot is used up so it throttles download speed. Won't be able to download until I get home later today.

I doubt it does, but still have fingers crossed. Not like it's an FPS or anything, so it can be played without it. But still... I'd like to have it.

@Magician
It's only $29.99 and has a 20% launch discount, so $23.99

That's probably why. File size is large enough it would require a 16gb cart. Maybe we'll see a release down the line, but I doubt it.

Magician

@JaxonH A file size north of 16GB? That explains why there's no physical release then. Most unfortunate. Yet another digital-only release like Alien Isolation and Hellblade then.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
Not north of 16gb. But large enough it would require a 16gb cart. It's like 13gb or something.

Magician

@JaxonH

Ah, my fault. Excuse me. Clearly...I need more coffee.

Untitled

JaxonH

Sorry for the plug guys but I need your help in asking Remedy to add gyro aiming.

Hardly any Switch fans follow their social media so nobody but me is speaking out asking for it. Need a few likes and additional comments so they know it's actually in demand

gcunit

Eel wrote:

Oh my god the game is priced incorrectly in Mexican pesos!
I just bought it for a buck!

Me too! Thanks for the heads up. Don't have room for it, having just updated Fortnite for the n-millionth time, but that's not for worrying about now.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Fizza

To anyone living in Europe who has a My Nintendo account, there's currently a prize draw for some Mario+Rabbids themed goodies like some figures, a plush and, most interestingly, a full on artbook!
Untitled
You get 3 entries and it's all payed with Platinum Points funnily enough (you'd think they'd use Gold Points for something like this but I guess they're going the nice route this time!) so if you've got some left over from NSO challenges, I'd say give it a go! I'll probably be submitting an entry myself though that's still undecided.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Should probably avoid Alan Wake. Apparently it's got serious framerate issues and looks worse than the original 360 version, which probably explains the shadow drop.

It's an absolute shame, because the game was on 360 and looked good and ran fine. They never should have tried porting the stupid Remastered version, which even had issues on other consoles. Should have been a straight port of the 360 game and left it at that.

Oh well. Stick to Nier Automata, No Man's Sky, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids and Bayonetta 3.

Fizza

@JaxonH Big shame about the performance, would've been a nice pick-up for Halloween. Maybe it'll get patched by next year's festivities? Considering the port job though, I highly doubt it.

I suppose the Mexicans won't complain though if what @Eel says is true.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic