Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,701 to 63,720 of 70,001

MsJubilee

@Ralizah Even if it did run decently all around. The game is a dud; dungeons are boring, party management is tedious, combat is dreadful, and the characters are generic trash—Atlus's worse game by a long shot.

A strong contender for the worst game this year.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Ya, from what I've gathered it's basically on par with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Definitely not on the level of Persona or SMT.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@MsJubilee I'm expecting I'll probably enjoy it when I get to it (even mediocre MegaTen is still more enjoyable to me than the majority of JRPGs), but it quickly became clear that this wasn't an SMT V/P5R-tier experience. Certainly nothing I'm going to pay top dollar for if they're snubbing my preferred platform.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Life hasn't reported on it yet but it was announced recently that Sparks of Hope is part of the Ubisoft Forward event tomorrow. Figured I'd bring it up here as some of you are interested in that game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

JaxonH wrote:

@MsJubilee
Ya, from what I've gathered it's basically on par with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Definitely not on the level of Persona or SMT.

TBH as someone who enjoyed TMS (albeit appreciating it as a B-tier RPG, as opposed to the S-tier Persona 5), this description is more-or-less what I expected from Soul Hackers 2. And I'm still keen to give it a go.

Pretty much every review I've seen of it is "good, not great". But when everything surrounding it (the setting, characters, SMT universe) is very much in my interest, it's worth giving such a game a shot. Far from the worst game this year from what I've heard, but I can see it being the most disappointing.

Shame about the performance though.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

Splatoon 3's ink looks insanely good on the SWOLED. This is definitely going to be another showpiece game for the device.

Anti-Matter

I rarely played my Switch games recently so I will let my NSO subscription expired for several days, waiting for next month after salary day to subscribe NSO $20 again.
I have a target to collect 50 Switch games before end of year 2022.
Looks like a have a chance to pick another Switch games again in December 2022.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Ralizah
It does. I just fired it up. Ink seems thicker and goopier this time. Like there's actual thickness to it rather than a paper thin coating on the ground.

Also, Deep Cut looks better seeing them in-game. Could also be me adjusted to them now. At first I didn't like their designs but now I actually love them. Really came around on them.

@Buizel
Nothing wrong with that. If we only played games deemed top shelf by consensus gaming wouldn't be nearly as fun as it is. If it interests you, that's all that matters. Personally, I lost a lot of my interest in it after reading reviews- I'd probably give it a spin still if it was on Switch. But there's too many great games dropping, that also are on Switch, to make room for that one.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kermit1doesmath

@NeonPizza That team works on Bloodstained (I think) and Curse of the Moon is a side project. I might need to double check though.

dysgraphia awareness human

Giancarlothomaz

brazilian jornalist Felipe Necro state the tradicional septembre Nintendo Direct will be anounced on septembre 12th

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Alright, Aragami 2 is heading to switch. I knew if I waited it would wander over.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Giancarlothomaz

brazilian jornalist Felipe Necro state Nintendo is gonna launch Switch Pro or Switch sucessor in 2023

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Ralizah
What?!!

And not just a cameo, but an entire DLC starring Rayman like the Donkey Kong expansion for the first game.

That's insane! And so perfect! Now my hype is increasing for this game considerably.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Same. Rayman is an icon, and he's been out of commission for so long, so to see him getting first-class treatment in a DLC campaign is actually pretty exciting.

Supposedly there will be three DLCs for the sequel.

Edited on by Ralizah

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, Sparks of Hope looks sooo good. I don't think I ever bought a Ubisoft game day 1 but this is day 1 for sure. Really cool to see Rayman back too.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic