Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,641 to 63,660 of 70,008

Ralizah

@KilloWertz Small print runs for niche games are a problem with Nintendo-published games. Yokai Watch 3 on 3DS was particularly dire: the game went fully out of print soon after launch, and the secondhand prices jumped up hundreds of dollars within a month or so of release.

Good luck trying to find a physical copy of Torna: The Golden Country.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Fizza

@Ralizah My local Smyths had Torna there for a good bit a while back though I think it's only available via those download codes now. Maybe I would've been sitting rich if I had an interest in Xenoblade 2 at the time (then again, I was busy saving up for stuff like Pokemon Shield so I suppose that shows how long it's been since I last checked).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

gcunit

So I started watching the 'Welcome to Wrexham' series on Disney+ the other night, when what did I spy in Rob McElhenney's hand...?

Untitled

Got me wondering if it was product placement or not. It was fairly subtle, easily missed by a non-Switch fanatic, I'd say, only on screen for a few seconds.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

KilloWertz

@Ralizah I kind of get it with the Switch since they probably want people buying the games from their eShop anyways, but it's still a sharp contrast to PlayStation and Xbox for the most part. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if they put their own games on sale more than a couple of times a year (and for large %'s), as I would just go all digital like I want to, but it's still cheaper overall to go physical. If the 10% of eShop gift cards was year round and not just a month here and a month there, that would help at least.

I would say the availability and price of some games (especially digitally) is my only real major complaint since getting the Switch. I know a lot of the games are technically worth that much, but that's not really the point.

I kind find a copy of Torna... on eBay.... for way too much money, unless it's just the download code now. I also find putting in the game cards to be a bit annoying after testing putting one in there with my Breath of the Wild copy, especially since the Switch literally just sits in the dock, so it's almost impossible to not have it move back and forth while putting one in unless you take it out of the dock. Ok, so I guess I have two real issues (the Switch just sitting in the dock).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I need your schmup expertise, as I see you're always commenting on schmup reviews. This question also goes out to anyone else in this thread who's knowledgeable on the subject.

For whatever reason, I'm on a schmup kick. I realized all these classics I'm missing in my physical collection and I went on a shopping spree today to plug the gaps.

So far, I already owned:

• Ikaruga
  • Sine Mora
  • R Type Final 2
  • Psikyo Collection Alpha
  • Psikyo Collection Beta

What I ordered today was:

• Darius Cozmic Collection [JP]
  • Darius Cozmic Revelation [JP]
  • ESP de.ra. Psi [JP]
  • Deathsmiles 1&2
  • Cotton Fantasy
  • Cotton Reboot
  • Cotton 16-bit Collection [JP]
  • Cotton Saturn Tribute [JP]
  • R-Type Dimension EX
  • Danmaku Unlimited 3
  • Crimson Clover World EXplosion [EU]
  • Mushihimesama
  • DoDonPachi Resurrection
  • Aleste Collection [JP]
  • Rolling Gunner [JP]

What, if any, glaring omissions do you see?

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Fizza

@Kermit1 This has got to be the weirdest set they've added so far....how much do I have left in my Platinum Point wallet.

Magician

@JaxonH

A few glaring omissions in that shmup collection would be...

Ghost Blade HD
Caladrius Blaze
Psyvariar Delta

...there are others that are less impressive or rare and expensive.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Kermit1 Maybe they're going to add the highly anticipated Urban Champion to NSO this month?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano 'Highly anticipated' and 'Urban Champion' don't tend to mix, do they?

Mioaionios

@Fizza
I don't know, I for one highly anticipate to never play Urban Champion again.

Mioaionios

JaxonH

@Magician
Thank you.

Just searched videos and that has now been rectified.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

A bit of a lame and lazy question on my part, but what the heck.

I've not been following Splatoon 3 news as (i) I don't tend to follow individual games closely before release, (ii) I'm not the biggest Splatoon fan to begin with.

My question is: As a casual player of Splatoon 1 and 2, in one sentence, what does Splatoon 3 appear to do differently?

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

@Buizel
Splatoon 3 fixes all the complaints with previous entries and perfecting the formula to a tee.

Sure, it's got some new modes and stuff. Anarchy battles, new Table Turf card game, tri-color Turf Wars for dual-stage 3-way Splatfests, it adds city invasions from Salmonids, it adds new weapon types and new move mechanics, sure it offers a new single player building off the creativity of the excellent Octo Expansion, and new customization options, lockers, banners and custom win/lose animations...

Yes it does all that. But what it really offers is refinement. The online system is now modernized, where you can see holograms of your friends and instantly join their game and be on the same team, you can send invites, play in the training room during matchmaking with holograms of team mates as they join, you can now have Murch swap the main ability slot on gear, you no longer have to sit through the mandatory news feed every 2 hrs and upon booting the game, and best of all, Salmon Run is available 24/7 now.

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH haven't played much of it yet, but pocky and rocky reshrined has some good reviews. I bought the physical but haven't fully gotten into it.

NintendoByNature

Buizel

@JaxonH a lot more than a sentence, but I appreciate the effort!

Its tempting. I'm torn because I'm not that attached to the series, but do play it frequently enough to justify buying the sequel. Like...half the new features would probably go unnoticed/unappreciated by me, but what you've listed does make it sound like the definitive way to play Splatoon.

Every other game on my plate for the remainder of the year seems to be a lengthy RPG so Splatoon would also be a great palate cleanser between those.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

@Buizel
Well, my first sentence was intended to be the summary response.

But I felt compelled to optionally expound on that sentence in the event you wanted to know my reasoning.

@NintendoByNature
Ya I got that one already, though I wouldn't categorize it as a schmup.

I just wish Sin & Punishment 2 would release on Switch. I miss that game so much.

Fizza

@Kermit1 That's....concerning. I hope you weren't in any!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic