Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,621 to 63,640 of 69,995

GrailUK

My Pro controller, which I have had since day one, finally was unusable. Down kept sticking which was really frustrating for menus and led to a couple of accidental quit games when I wanted to save! My new one came about a week a go and I straight away noticed the d-pad has improved. Much more precise. Well happy with it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I see no evidence to suggest that is the case. Seems more a blind guess, without any substantial reasoning to believe so.

They don't need a surprise pro controller to "pad out a direct". They have more than enough content to showcase. They could make a direct 2 hrs long if they wanted, its just a matter of how much information is conveyed. If they don't have enough content to show, they just won't hold a direct. Or they'll announce on Twitter.

Any pro controller would have been announced at the same time as the CE. They're not going to wait until 2 months after the game drops to announce a pro controller, after Splatoon 3 drops with its own pro controller.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@GrailUK
Unfortunately I had issues with my Xenoblade 2 Pro Controller. Can't remember if it was the Left Analog not responding correctly or the Left D-pad, but something was messed up. Would only happen occasionally which made it super aggravating.

Eventually just set it on display and said the heck with it. Now I use a custom pro controller with magnetic Xbox Elite analogs (WAY better than actual Xbox analogs though which don't feel comfy under the thumb- these have a more shallow convex shape that feel amazing).

Untitled

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

@JaxonH Oooo! Fancy pants! Hahah

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@GrailUK
It's worth the cost to get a Pro Controller with proper analogs. I don't like how rubbery and slippery the default analogs are. It works fine, but by comparison this has so much more grip, and is more comfortable for the thumb.

Also recommend Basstop d-pad modded joycon. Everyone says ExtremeRate is better but I tested both. The Basstop d-pad is waaaaay better. Almost as good as a pivot d-pad, in fact. I can do every move in Ultra Street Fighter II repeatably, barring Zangief's pile driver.

Untitled

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH We know that only the game moved to July, everything else remained in September as if the game was never moved forward. It'll be easy enough to get one of the other pro controllers if a XC3 one doesn't happen (Sunbreak one for example is still very much in stock and that released in June) so I'd rather wait to know for certain. As for the Direct segment, sure it is speculation but I'm not sure that the wave 2 contents on their own would be able to fill a headline segment.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Xyphon22

@kkslider5552000 @Ralizah Thanks for the replies. I knew that X was kind of its own thing, but I didn't know if there would still be some callbacks or storylines that would make 2 and/or 3 better if I knew them. So I may do what you suggested and just put X kind of on the back burner rather than abandoning it altogether. Maybe when I get into 2 (which I definitely want to play so I won't skip it) I will get into a new flow with the mechanics and stuff and then be able to go back to X later when it might be a little easier. I know the mechanics will be different, but I think there are enough similarities to make X easier to pick up later once I'm used to playing 2 for awhile.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ralizah

My Pro Controller is fine, aside from the D-Pad being almost unusuably bad, which is, I understand, just a flaw in the design of these controllers.

@Xyphon22 Honestly, I think this game has more references to Xenogears than it does to Xenoblade Chronicles X, lol. But no, the only games directly connected to it are the two previous mainline ones.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ninfan

Anyone play super mario maker, is it any good, I have looked at YouTube videos, but is it difficult to make levels in it or is the game itself good fun.

Ninfan

cordova94

@MarioLover92 I will......I also finally joined the land of my son......and bought a Pokemon game. I went with Sword and I'm kinda loving it. It's going to be a gaming winter for me I think......as opposed to the summer where it kinda fell off the radar for a couple months.....

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

JaxonH

@Xyphon22
Xenoblade Chronicles X still stands as one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. Never has a game offered better exploration imo. It's lighter on story than the main series but still, compared to most games the story was still pretty thick. Just not compared to the main series. And, I thought the story was good, too. Still had those big twists XC is known for.

But it's also the most technical and mechanically deep game I've ever played. Jumping into the series with XCX may well drive a new player to hate it. But if you play it after the main series, you'll understand the combat system well enough to acclimate. It's still different in how healing works and there's skell combat which is another thing to consider (if you crash your skell before abandoning you have to pay to have it repaired, and the cost is steep- so always jump out if you're about to die).

It's so good though.

@Ninfan
It's pretty easy to make levels. Anyone can do it. How much you get out of it will come down to your own desire to create. I was hooked on it back on Wii U and I'm not really a creative person.

MarioVillager92

@cordova94 That's cool, enjoy it. I did hear some good things about Pokemon Legends Arceus, that's been on my radar for some time now.

@Ninfan It's a pretty good game, and the level creator is pretty easy to use, though you're gonna want to be in handheld mode and have a stylus on hand to have an easier time making levels. There's also a story mode that you can play through, in addition to playing the levels that people put out online. I haven't been playing it that much these days though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Buizel

@Ralizah I do wonder if they revised the d-pad at one point. I've had 4 Pro Controllers since I got my Switch (they've all been fine, I just collected at one point), but 2 of the 4 had very disappointing d-pads, whereas the other two felt fine.

That said, one of my better d-pads was on the Xenoblade 2 Pro Controller, which pre-dates the Smash Pro Controller, which had one of the worse ones.

Maybe it's just a quality control issue. That said, if you want a more precise d-pad for the Switch you're probably best off getting an 8BitDo Pro 2 or something. Personally, I find that the joy-con buttons offer great precision, but I understand why many wouldn't like the feel of them - plus it also feels weird playing 2D games with detached joy-con IMO.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

At launch, I ordered 2 Pro Controllers and the d-pads misregistered inputs. Sent to Nintendo for repair and the replacements were fine. Never had misregistered in inputs since on any other Pro Controller. However, it's not as good as previous d-pads. I judge based on how easy it is to pull off Street Fighter moves.

D-pad modded joycon is actually better. Even so, I rarely play fighting games and for all other purposes, the Pro Controller d-pad is excellent.

Fizza

@GrailUK @JaxonH If I ever get a Pro Controller, I'll probably just go with one of those wired Power-A ones: close enough feel, no worries about battery, I'd mostly be playing it on the telly anyways, a myriad of customisation options and, best of all, they're much, MUCH cheaper by comparison. Might grab a Mario one at Black Friday, who knows.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Fizza
Just be forewarned. Those controllers use the same drift-prone Alps analogs the Xbox Series X and Dualsense use. More reports of drift than with joycon.

I'd personally recommend the Pro Controller even if it's a bit more expensive (can buy for $50 in Amazon sales). The HD rumble, quality gyro, NFC support, ergonomic design, 40 hr battery life and reliable analogs, to me, are worth the extra cost.

If you're absolutely insistent on going cheap, I'd recommend the Binbok Pro Controller for $27 after 15% coupon box is checked. Includes gyro aiming, rumble, and system wake, but only 8 hr battery life and no NFC.

https://www.amazon.com/binbok-Controller-Compatible-Wireless-...

Edited on by JaxonH

Kermit1doesmath

I'm weak, I looked at the leaks... I need to stop looking at leaks before Pokemon comes out.

dysgraphia awareness human

Xyphon22

Alright, so I think I've decided to get Xenoblade 2 and maybe one day I'll go back and finish X. I was not planning on getting it yet, though, since I have a lot of other games I already own in my backlog and don't know when I'll get to it. I see that Amazon actually has it for the normal $59.99, though, which I think is rather rare although I haven't been tracking it or anything to know. Is it rare to see it that low so I should go ahead and get it, or is that common nowadays and it's okay to wait and I might even be able to find it cheaper?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

KilloWertz

@Xyphon22 As is par for the course it seems for all Switch games other than the major Nintendo franchises, this seems to have been out of print for a while. I haven't really seen it available brand new from any of the major online retailers, but Amazon (though third party sellers) seems to actually have it in stock right now. I'd get it for that price since it's out of print.

Why so many Switch games are out of print, I don't know, but that's another story for another time I'm sure. It does make it really hard for somebody that has just recently gotten a Switch for the first time to go all physical (aside from digital only releases) though.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic