Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,601 to 63,620 of 67,047

Grumblevolcano

I'm surprised Klonoa didn't appear in the Partner Showcase, sure it releases in just over a week but there's the situation with Japan getting a demo but no sign of demo elsewhere.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I have to honest, there's a small part of me that's terrified to wait for games like Klonoa, because maybe the company will be like "well people didn't buy it enough in the first month, guess this series is dead!"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

JaxonH

Switch gamers are gonna need to get Jenny Craig on speed dial pretty soon with how fat we're eating lately.

Just consider,

• Mario Strikers Battle League
  • Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
  • TMNT Shredder's Revenge
  • Neon White
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak
  • Wreckfest
  • Live A Live
  • Portal
  • Portal 2
  • Capcom Fighting Collection
  • Sonic Origins
  • AI Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative
  • Demon Slayer
  • KOTOR II

All in the span of a month. A month!!! Each and every one of these games worthy of purchase and time spent playing. Many of them extremely high quality games.

And so much more on the way. The party just doesn't stop.

I'm blown away by the support Switch is getting now. It took a few years, that's for sure. And previous years weren't bad by any means. On the contrary, they've been pretty great. But I think we can officially draw a line in the sand and make a clear distinction between support today, and support from years past.

When ppl used to say Switch wasn't getting enough support? I don't think anyone is saying that now. We made it. We actually made it. Close your eyes and think back to 2017 or 2018. Remember all the talk of, "man I hope one day Switch gets its own exclusive MH, there's rumors it's being worked on", or "if only they'd bring Persona to Switch, like that'll ever happen", or the IGN April Fools videos putting all sorts of fake announcements... that's no longer a joke. Virtually all those games are on Switch now, or are reasonably expected to. Imagine being in 2017, and fast forwarding through time to take a peak at the lineup we have in 2022. We'd have been blown away.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

That image is making me panic sweat because I will likely buy 80% of it. I need free time.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@JaxonH Jeez... Most of the titles in that graphic are decently high profile releases too. Almost all of them are sequels to notable indies, well known IPs, and/or exclusives.

link3710

Ralizah

Um... so the first new console Monster Rancher game in god knows how long is one where you're... raising kaiju from the Ultraman series.

I can't even believe I just typed that.

@NeonPizza Are there even any games that only support gyro on the joycons, but not on the pro controller (aside from LGPE, which only support joycons to begin with)? I can't imagine that functionality is missing.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Another upcoming Switch game from Nintendo Direct Mini Japan.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

@NeonPizza
Yes.

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Mioaionios

Not sure why, but I'm craving for some fish all of a sudden. ūü§Ē

Mioaionios

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I feel obligated to buy that Ultraman Rancher game if it gets an English Asian release.

@Tremblucay
Lol ūüėÜ

PLAYING
SD/PC:
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Given the confirmed lineup so far, I'm honestly leaning towards Bayonetta 3 being delayed to 2023 if the Metroid Prime rumour is true. I don't see Bayonetta 3 releasing in early October because of Nier Automata, Sparks of Hope is the late October Nintendo related release, November seems unlikely because Pokemon but even more unlikely if the Prime rumour is true. Maybe early December if it stays in 2022?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@JaxonH It's supposedly getting an Asian English release.

Might be the first Switch game I import. What a profoundly weird crossover.

Ralizah

I usually wait to buy Ubisoft games, but I'll be making an exception with this one. Really excited to dig into this.

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano It could be a mid-late September release. Splatoon 3 does release really early in the month so there's definitely room for it to slide in there.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Kermit1Pineapple

NeonPizza wrote:

@JaxonH
Good. That means it's actually playable now. Analog twin Stick wiggling should of died off or at least taken a major backseat in the mid 2000's right when the Wii remote paved the way during the holidays of 2006. Metroid Prime 3(07')was the ultimate motion pointer aiming/Wii remote showcase that totally put the nail in the coffin, for me, with analog cross hair based aiming permanently Twin stick aiming is such a junky, jerky, unenjoyable archiac unintuitive unatural immersion breaking lazy way to aim in first or 3rd person. You'd have to be out of your mind to chose it over properly done motion pointer aiming. It feels like a colossal restraint, and something that should of stayed dead in the past. Imagine playing sin and punishment 2 and aiming with an analog stick. People that would opt for that control method actually exist.lol

Anyhoo, I never messed with either Portal 1or 2 on XBOX360, not only because it was analog aiming based, but because i was too knee deep in the Wii & DSLite during that generation. But now that Motion Pointer aiming is supported, i'll give it a chance.

BTW, just out of pure randomness. will we ever get physical Switch releases for Cuphead, Ghosts n' Goblins Ressurection, Cyber Shadow and Steel Assault? Talk about missed oppertunities!

Surprised Stricted Limited or Limited Run Games hasn't at least jumped on Cyber Shadow and Steel Assault.

Motion control aiming forever!!!!

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Rambler

@NeonPizza
I thought physical Cuphead was on its way at some point? Like in 50 years mebbe.

I reckon GnG R won't be released on cart - if they're not doing arcade stadium hard copies, they won't do that.

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Kermit1Pineapple

@NeonPizza yes!!! I have 2 handhelds and their my main consoles. I'd really like to see a new console use AR in a ''good'' way. That could be very cool!

and yea the 3DS was mindblowing (I got a "new" 2DS XL, 2 years ago it's awesome)

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic