Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,581 to 63,600 of 64,465

JaxonH

@HotGoomba
Everyone knows the realest of the real gamers play Mario Maker 2 😀

@GameOtaku
That's fair, but that's also always been the case. Most e3 games aren't Switch related, so that's nothing new.

I understand the desire for big exciting announcements (trust me, I love them as much as anyone), but when we already have a stacked lineup with double digit exclusives crammed in a 6 month window, you have to be realistic with expectations. There just isn't any room for more 1st party games this year (barring squeezing in one, perhaps, like Metroid Prime HD).

If they had a big blowout, it would predominantly be 2023 games. Which means, when September rolls around, they'd have nothing to show. And then ppl would be disappointed. And then they'd be disappointed again in January/February as they still wouldnt have anything new to show. Unless they dumped their Q3/Q4 2023 lineup, in which case we're right back to not having anything to show in the summer next year.

Basically, what's gonna release is gonna release. Announcements won't change anything. There's only so many 1st party games that can release in a year, and we're pretty much filled up right now. So it's either, A) Hold off until most announced games release and then reveal more, or B) borrow announcements from next year and leave nothing to reveal next time

I think as long as we have a full lineup, it's unreasonable to expect more (at least, for the time being- after Splatoon 3 we'll get some clarity on the Oct-Dec release schedule, and perhaps Metroid Prime with Nov release date). Usually when we get big 1st party announcements in June, it's because we don't know what's coming the rest of the year. But this year, we did. That's just how the cards fell. If someone genuinely cares about the games first and foremost, they'd be more focused on the full lineup ahead of them, rather than not getting announcements for games far out into the future just for the sake of satisfying a desire for hype.

Besides which, we're still getting a big Direct to satisfy hype. So we're kind of having our cake and eating it too. Unless Persona and Batman are both no-shows. Then the cake is a lie. Speaking of which, a Portal Collection release date would be nice.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Willing to bet we see Mario + Rabbids in the showcase tomorrow, given the close release date.

There's so much stuff coming out soon. It's nuts.

@GameOtaku Sony's showcase was almost entirely composed of multiplatform third-party stuff. Both Sony and Microsoft's showcases were primarily for 2023 games, despite having sparse lineups this year.

Nintendo is releasing an exclusive virtually every month of the year and still has announcements for later in 2022.

In terms of support for modern exclusive releases, there's no comparison between Switch and the competition atm.

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

GameOtaku

@Ralizah
It’s more the perception that Nintendo is simply not getting the games consumers want. Yes there’s games but is it the games we expect or want? I’m not talking exclusives (although both the cowabunga collection and persona ports were at first thought to be exclusive during their streams only to be confirmed for others a day or so after the fact,)

GameOtaku

Ralizah

@GameOtaku The fact that Switch titles are dominating weekly charts worldwide would attest that Switch is, indeed, getting the games consumers want.

Nobody is buying a Switch to play AAA multiplats, so I'm not really sure what the expectation is there.

GameOtaku

@Ralizah
Shouldn’t AAA devs see the value in porting to switch if it’s such a dominant force? I like to see the switch have a healthy future but there’s lots we don’t know about this year’s remaining releases let alone next years.

GameOtaku

Ralizah

@GameOtaku Probably not. Most Switch owners would rather play indies, AA releases, and exclusives on the system. Y'know, games that'll actually look good and run reasonably well. Modern AAA releases like Elden Ring or Dead Space would take a tremendous amount of work and sacrifice to squeeze onto the system in a playable state, and even if they did, the potential audience for such releases would likely not justify the expense.

If you want to play games like that on a handheld, order a Steam Deck.

NeonPizza

@JaxonH
Yeah, I'm loving the G6. Well, minus the glowing volume dial light. I dont want my set up looking like a star trek command center. So to solve my little delima, i bought longer 2.0 USB Cables(They say anything over 16 feet will cause audio degredation, so i went 14ft.) and have them connected to a Hub switcher. thanks to the longer cables, my G6 & hub switcher are all neatly hidden under my Sofa and couch and the cables are rooted against the wall with white cable concealers. lol I'm a wee' bit of a minimalist and want a clean set up. I hate Visable wires haha.

Then there's the G6's finicky volume knob. At least with Switch, if you already have the V dial maxed it will stay that way and you can adjust the volume as you like through the Switch's On-screen Volume meter. So no problems there. But with PS4 Pro(When i had it) it automatically sets the V dial back half way and you have to re-max it every time you turn on the PS4. Don't know if this also applies to PS5, but it's kind of annoying.

And i would absolutely be all over that Sennhesier Ambeo & Subwoofer if i weren't renting an apparment. No chance in hell I'd get away with that set up, so instead I'm going to have to settle for high end headphones and most likely will just get something like an 'all in one' Bose 700 sound bar to replace the current one i have right now, which btw surprisingly sounds worse than the audio coming from my LG C1. eek! Plus, i'll barely even be able to take advantage of the bose, like I can't with the LG SB, so i'll probably snag it once i find a good deal.

At this point, when it comes to gaming on OLED TV's and Soundbars it probably doesn't get any better than that samsung QD-OLED and the Ambeo + Sub.

The 800S's i hear are remarkable when it comes to soundstage and articulation, but supposedly it's achilles heel is the lack of bass. Great for gaming, orchestrated and classical music. But Fine Tuning the EQ and increasing bass with the G6 might make a noticeble difference etc. I wouldn't know obviously first had, but ya.

And yes, to the mighty clutches of NintenPlastic. Yet I've got zero interest in building another brick stack of PS5 & XSX games, that's a given. From here on out, i'm only double dipping with Nintendo Physical media, including their next Gen successor.

Won't be passing this one up from Strictly Limited. Best box art, ever.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2494/7430/products/JIM_Mock...

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

GameOtaku

@Ralizah
During the DS and wii era we did get ports of triple a games. Not the experience others got mind you but unique experiences built around the limitations of the Wii and DS. At least then we got things like GTA and Call of Duty that haven’t been seen on a Nintendo platform since.

GameOtaku

Fizza

I was just scrolling through the web when I came across this interesting piece of info: Game Freak will be holding a panel at this year's GDC event!

From the (very rough) Google Translate, it seems they'll be talking about how they connect the Pokemon games to cloud services like Pokemon Bank/HOME and then the process of creating a Pokemon model as well as potentially how they move it from game to game. I've loved previous GDC talks about games like A Link Between Worlds and Guilty Gear Xrd so I'll definitely be intrigued as to what they'll show off here.

Currently Playing: Street Fighter Alpha
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
458/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Haruki_NLI

I think it's more impressive that in this Summer Games Fest era we have Nintendo locking down announcements from third parties independently instead of Keighley taking them.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I feel the situation is similar to 2019, that year in the 2022 structure could've looked like the following:

Partner Showcase

• Cadence of Hyrule release date
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer
  • Astral Chain trailer
  • Daemon X Machina trailer
  • Dragon Quest XI S trailer
  • Mario & Sonic 2020 Olympics trailer
  • The other 3rd party games in the E3 2019 Direct

Standalone announcements outside the Partner Showcase being an Animal Crossing New Horizons delay video, Fire Emblem Three Houses Direct, Link's Awakening trailer and Luigi's Mansion 3 release date trailer. Smash DLC could've been announced in a number of ways in the absence of E3 (like it was in 2020) and BotW 2 was announced too early so could've been saved for E3 2021.

The existence of E3 was what pushed Nintendo to do a general Direct that year and I feel if E3 2022 wasn't cancelled we would've gotten a general Direct like the one in 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@GameOtaku Did you forget Switch for GTA the trilogy? Sure it's a terrible remaster, but they are the best 3 GTA games still.

CoD will hopefully never come back. I just continually hope for that series to decline in popularity enough that Activision stops killing all their other IPs for it.

link3710

HotGoomba

Who knows, the Direct might be good.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Ralizah

NieR: Automata and Persona 5 Royal in October.

I'd make a joke about Switch-only owners getting the best Playstation games of 2017, but they really are both fantastic. Anyone who doesn't already own them is in for a massive treat.

Edited on by Ralizah

Anti-Matter

The only interesting part for me just Megaman Battle Network games from GBA on Nintendo Switch since I have never played those games before.
Great news so I don't need to buy one Megaman Battle Network from Wii U e-shop.

Not sure with Bomberman R 2 since I have sold the first game and how could Konami make another Bomberman games but not DDR on modern consoles?!

I need to see more from Dragon Quest Treasures.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Buizel

Persona 5 Royal in October.

We did it. I can finally rest in peace.

And they actually showed some decent-looking Sonic Frontiers gameplay, wow.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

HotGoomba

HotGoomba wrote:

Who knows, the Direct might be good.

It was actually good, WHAT THE ####!?

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

JaxonH

AHHHHHHHH!!!

Eat crow haters! They said it would never happen. They SWORE it would never come to Switch. And yet THERE IT IS.

• Persona 3 Portable
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Nier Automata
  • Portal 1/2 (available TODAY)
  • Harvestella

Muah!!!! Muah!!! Muah!!! Best Direct in YEARS!!!

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Solaine

very decent Direct, finally i can play Persona

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic