Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,581 to 63,600 of 69,962

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I'm thinking more regarding the legacy stuff being kept active. I used to think they'd gradually shut all of them down (1 per year) but the way the Booster Course Pass has turned out so far I'm now leaning towards the big 3 (FE Heroes, MK Tour, AC Pocket Camp) being kept active for longer.

The Booster Course Pass seems to be aiming for gradual increase in difficulty (wave 1 was all Mushroom/Flower with the exception of GBA Sky Garden, wave 2 was all Mushroom/Flower with the exception of GBA Snow Land) so we're probably at the point where waves 3-6 may not have anything from Mushroom Cup (maybe if we're extremely lucky DS Luigi's Mansion appears for Halloween but they may go for GBA Boo Lake or GBA Broken Pier instead). So there'll be lots of tracks which miss the Booster Course Pass which would be rather wasted if Tour was to be shut down in 2024.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Speaking of the Booster Course Pass, I have a funny feeling that one of the courses in the Spiny Cup (the very last cup) will be Wii Rainbow Road.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano Nintendo mobile games are made to incentive everyone to buy mainline games of it respective franchises, notice after some of it mobile games are made, mainline game are released on Switch(Animal Crossing Pocket Camp in 2016 and Animal Crossing New Horizon in 2020, Fire Emblem Heroes in 2017 and Fire Emblem Thee Houses in 2019).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

6 days until Splatoon 3 launch and the game is already 2nd in the eshop charts.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cordova94

I feel like I am the ONLY person stoked about Dreamlight Valley.......I'm so ready.....

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

JaxonH

Ok, I've never been into these kinds of games.

But after watching this gameplay footage... I'm pre-ordering. No ifs, ands or buts.

Just watch around 4:30 to 7:00 mark.

What's interesting is, Telltale is not developing this (obviously, since they shut down). This game is being developed internally by Gearbox themselves! I was wondering why it seemed a bit more interactive with various QTEs and stuff than other Telltale games I'd seen and played, which were typically just choices.

The physical version (yes its getting a physical release) also comes with a download code for the first Tales From the Borderlands game, for free. Which coincidentally is the highest rated Telltale game, sitting around an 88. That's a stellar deal. Why was I ignoring this at first?

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

It Takes Two seemingly coming to Switch, per Jeff Grubb and The Snitch (the person who's been leaking things before presentations such as Persona being announced).

I always wondered why this game wasn't on Switch to begin with. It's exactly the type of game that suits the system and the tastes of the playerbase. As a co-op game I wonder if it'll have split screen? Maybe not as that could be too demanding. Would be cool to play in tabletop with sideways joycon anywhere though. It should at least have local wireless.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 might be featured in the tradicional septembre Nintendo Direct with a story trailer, reveal of of it oficial name/release date.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

I honestly couldn't care less whether BotW 2 is shown or not. It's not coming until next year. So unless they're gonna drop a release date, I can't say I'm hyped whatsoever. Too many amazing games dropping this year to be concerned with 2023. Don't get me wrong, BotW is one of my favorite games I've ever played and I'll be all over this next entry. But I'm just at a point where it's hard to care about anything that's not releasing in the next 3 months.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think if they do show it off this month it'll come with either a precise release date or a delay. I'm kind of leaning towards delay if anything comes of the Wii U Zelda ports given the nature of the reveals of Wind Waker HD for Wii U, Twilight Princess HD for Wii U and Skyward Sword HD for Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Ralizah

I'm super eager to hear anything more about BotW2 at this point. They really need to show something about it at the Sept. Direct.

I'm ready for all 2023 news. This year is pretty much wrapped up in terms of reveals of major releases.

Give me BotW2 info and a new release date for Advance Wars, and I'll be happy as a clam.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Fizza

JaxonH wrote:

It Takes Two seemingly coming to Switch, per Jeff Grubb and The Snitch (the person who's been leaking things before presentations such as Persona being announced).

I always wondered why this game wasn't on Switch to begin with. It's exactly the type of game that suits the system and the tastes of the playerbase. As a co-op game I wonder if it'll have split screen? Maybe not as that could be too demanding. Would be cool to play in tabletop with sideways joycon anywhere though. It should at least have local wireless.

Oh, I'd love for It Takes Two to come over! My only concern would be on the online multiplayer side of things since we all know how Nintendo does their online (so much so that a lot of the ArcSys fighting games on Switch like P4 Arena, Granblue and even DBFZ in a year's time didn't get the rollback update along with Playstation and Xbox) and with a game so heavily dependent on co-op like It Takes Two, delayed actions could be disastrous. Probably wouldn't bother me too much though, since I could play it with one of my sisters locally anyway (though the subject matter might be a bit....much for the both of us at times XD).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Ralizah I feel like a release date for Advance Wars is something they'll reveal separately via Twitter in order to try and avoid giving the game much fanfare due to why it was delayed in the first place.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

BrazillianCara

@Fizza Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from a couple of titles, Nintendo-developed games seem to have a pretty decent netcode, specially more recent ones like Mario Party Superstars. The problem is that the ones with bad netcode are Smash and Super Mario Maker, which got a lot of exposure compared to games like ARMS.
If a bunch of fighting games are getting rollback on everything but the Switch, that's on those developers (likely because the majority of the people that buy these games play them on everything else, so not including the Switch in the process may have saved them some resources).

BrazillianCara

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers They could just throw it in the sizzle reel and then the first reveal after the sizzle reel ends is something like BotW 2 or Prime 4. Alternatively they could give Advance Wars the same release date as the next mainline Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem was the reason Advance Wars ended so if you want to hide Advance Wars' existence then releasing it same day as the next mainline Fire Emblem would easily fulfill that role.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@Fizza
There's nothing wrong with the online. As @BrazillianCara mentioned, 3rd party games' online are up to their devs. Lack of rollback has nothing to do with Switch's capabilities. It's just a choice made by devs based on which players play online most for fighting games. That could just as easily be done on Switch if they desired.

Nintendo switched over to their new server system- NPLN, aboht a year and a half ago, and it's fabulous from the games I've played utilizing it since then. I mean, even before that it basically came down to the quality of each game's net code. And that's still largely true. But ya. I wouldn't worry about it. At the end of the day, many Switch games have online thats perfectly fine- it truly does come down to the individual game's developers.

Snatcher

Fizza wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

Oh, I'd love for It Takes Two to come over! My only concern would be on the online multiplayer side of things since we all know how Nintendo does their online (so much so that a lot of the ArcSys fighting games on Switch like P4 Arena, Granblue and even DBFZ in a year's time didn't get the rollback update along with Playstation and Xbox) and with a game so heavily dependent on co-op like It Takes Two, delayed actions could be disastrous. Probably wouldn't bother me too much though, since I could play it with one of my sisters locally anyway (though the subject matter might be a bit....much for the both of us at times XD).

It takes two is literally the perfect game for the switch.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic