Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,041 to 63,060 of 63,815

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
Some peoples are cheapskater.
They want a lot of games with very very cheap prices (or for free) added with mindset of not interested to collect physical media, they really want Gamepass so bad.
I personally never like Gamepass as it just only renting the games with subscription, not owning the games. And I don't want got tons of games with some of them I really hate for free by subscription.
And I never like the idea for future gaming like that, it was the dumbest idea ever in my opinion.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

@Anti-Matter I once used gamepass to test to see if i liked a game... I did like the game then i bought it on switch

(it's a good tool for testing games to see if you like them in my opinion)

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Ideas aren't "dumb" based on whether you're personally interested or not.

Plenty of ppl have no interest in owning games, and only care about the experience playing them. Just like people who rent movies. They don't want some massive DVD collection, they just want to watch a movie and move on to the next. There's nothing dumb about that. It might not be your preference, but it is the preference of millions of gamers, and that's the market it caters to. So on the contrary, it's not dumb, it's incredibly smart.

The way you've labeled and categorized those who are interested in the service as "cheapskates" shows your disgust toward anyone who doesn't share your views. There are certainly cheapskates out there, no question, but it's wrong to apply that label across the board toward everyone interested in Gamepass. And that's a story all too common nowadays. Demonize and caricaturize anyone with different views (under the pretense your view is absolutely correct, of course) to make it easier to justify hate toward them, because that's far easier than understanding their perspective with empathy and reassessing your own beliefs.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Neon White, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Sonic Origins, AI Somium Files Nirvana Initiative
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

DarkRula

@TommyTendo Physical renting stores are fewer, but it's still possible. There's a few sites around that allow it, and any digital storefront allows it as an option. Don't forget, not every movie is going to be on streaming services, so there's still a place for renting.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

MajinSoul

@TommyTendo I have rented a few digital movies when they are super cheap (~ 1 €) and they aren't available in the usual subscription services.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@TommyTendo I don’t know about all the people in the world but we still rent when they are not available on the other major streaming services.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

@TommyTendo
Physical rentals are now rare. But digital rentals are prevalent.

Streaming subscription services are also a form of rental similar to Gamepass, as it provides access for a lower fee than it would cost for full ownership.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Neon White, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Sonic Origins, AI Somium Files Nirvana Initiative
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

1UP_MARIO

@TommyTendo I meant digital rentals

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Aozz101x

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Trailer drops Tomorrow at 6AM PT

Edited on by Aozz101x

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

MarioLover92

Grumblevolcano wrote:

There you go, the final wave of MK8 Deluxe profile icons this month is now available featuring the Egg Cup which means for the first time in 5 years you can now have a F-Zero themed profile icon.

I just checked the NSO app before playing MK8D today, just got the Mute City background for my icon! In that one promotional picture, I do remember seeing the background for SNES Rainbow Road, which I'd also like, though that hasn't been made available yet since it's part of the Triforce Cup.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ChameleonBros

Ah dang, I was hoping I'd finally get to have a Lemmy icon after seeing Roy, Morton and Iggy earlier. Glad there's ones of Boo now though. Hoping next month is Metroid Dread or DKC Tropical Freeze.

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

WoomyNNYes

I'm surprised I can't find any reviews of Rabbids Party of Legends since it's been out for months, or longer, in China. This is the Rabbids party game releasing for english at the end of june.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Rabbids with their "destructive" nature turned the holy books into flying paper aeroplanes lol.
They ripped the papers from holy books.
And Lord Buddha did something to them.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Grumblevolcano

I never knew the full version of both variants of The Edge of Dawn was on music services like iTunes, the Fire Emblem Three Houses special edition soundtrack only had Seasons of Warfare short version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

HELP!

PLEASE SEND HELP!

I've made the mistake of starting to scroll through all the Switch games on Play-Asia. I'm only 14 pages in, 86 more to go, and already have 4 games in my basket.

This could be a life or death situation developing here...

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic