Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,021 to 63,040 of 69,992

Magician

I wonder if we'll get an updated physical release for MK8 with all the DLC on cartridge as we did with BotW and Splatoon 2?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@Magician Nintendo re-released Splatoon 2 with the Octo Expansion included physically?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@Ralizah

Yeah, in Japan only though, and it doesn't support English sadly.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Tactics Ogre Reborn coming to Switch!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

@JaxonH

Pretty hype. I would've preferred the Final Fantasy Tactics remaster came before it, but I'll take it regardless. But between both it makes me wonder how far along Unsung Story is? I know it was available in early access a couple years ago, but I haven't been following its progress.

JaxonH

@Magician
Imo, Final Fantasy Tactics is overrated. I'll gladly take a remaster because maybe that could modernize it enough to feel playable. But my goodness, I couldn't stand War of the Lions. So slow and sluggish, just downright painful trying to play that game.

I've never played Tactics Ogre beyond the first hr or so (SNES VC inject on 3DS). But I hear it's fantastic. And definitely the inspiration behind Triangle Strategy, which I love.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Square Enix for the rest of the year so far:

• Front Mission 1st remake - Summer 2022
  • The DioField Chronicle - September 22nd
  • Valkyrie Elysium - September 29th
  • Nier Automata (Switch version) - October 6th
  • Star Ocean The Divine Force - October 27th
  • Harvestella - November 4th
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn - November 11th
  • Dragon Quest Treasures - December 9th
  • Crisis Core - Winter 2022

I think it'll end up like:

• Front Mission 1st remake - September 15th
  • The DioField Chronicle - September 22nd
  • Valkyrie Elysium - September 29th
  • Nier Automata (Switch version) - October 6th
  • Dragon Quest III Remake - October 13th
  • Final Fantasy 1-6 Pixel Remaster Collection - October 20th
  • Star Ocean The Divine Force - October 27th
  • Harvestella - November 4th
  • Tactics Ogre Reborn - November 11th
  • Crisis Core - November 18th
  • Front Mission 2 remake - November 25th
  • Final Fantasy Tactics - December 2nd
  • Dragon Quest Treasures - December 9th

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

It's unfortunate Valkyrie Elysium and Star Ocean The Divine Force aren't coming to Switch.

But there are so many other rpgs headed their way to Switch that...it isn't that disconcerting.

JaxonH

@Magician
I can't remember the last good Star Ocean game so I'm not concerned about that. And Valkyrie Elysium doesn't look great. It seems alright, but nothing I feel Switch is "missing out" on.

All the ones that look really good are coming to Switch.

Ryu_Niiyama

Valkyrie Elysium is why I am now looking for a PS5, but I'm just a fan of the series in general. Squeenix has really been churning this year. I wonder if dumping the western catalog had some effect. Black Friday is gonna be a massacre this year for me. To start I want a new TV (possibly a new av receiver ) and a PS5, and that is before I get to all the Switch games I have to buy. I hope I get a good bonus this year. Getting everything Squeenix is dropping this year.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

@JaxonH

Agreed. Aside from the Front Mission games (which are contract work from Forever Entertainment), every other game listed has my full attention.

gcunit

NEStalgia wrote:

I know the original impressions weren't good, but has anyone been using the Switch's built-in bluetooth audio, and is it really as terribad latent as it originally seemed?

Alt view from someone who doesn't spend $$$$ on A/V eqpt.... I use a pair of c.£20 Bluetooth no-brand pods from Amazon and have never noticed an issue. Only thing that annoys me about the setup is that Switch disconnects from them every time it enters sleep mode.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

I've been meaning to play War of the Lions for years, but I never did enjoy FFT on the PS1 (or the weird GBA/NDS sequels, for that matter). It was a big part of why I wasn't initially very excited for Triangle Strategy, although that actually turned out to be really fantastic.

I'll probably grab Tactics Ogre at some point when it's on sale, but there's already more than enough new stuff coming out this year that I'm not worried about re-heated PSP ports.

I'm more interested in Front Mission, although given how mediocre the port of the original was on NDS, my expectations aren't terribly high there, either. Will still grab it, though, since I've wanted to give the original another chance. And we'll finally have the ability to play an official localization of Front Mission 2.

What I really want is a remaster of PS1's Front Mission 3. Now THAT was an incredible game for its time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Magician
I've never played Front Mission- in fact I'd never even heard of it until the remake was revealed.

I'll probably pick it up just to check it out- some ppl seem to speak highly of it. I guess we'll find out how good it is. Can't say I'm super hyped for it, but you never known. Some games surprise you...

Grumblevolcano

I think Sunbreak rules out a Splatoon 3 Direct for next week. With how much Nintendo values MH, there's no way they're going to distract the focus on Sunbreak update 1 with Splatoon 3 news.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

I spend my days waiting for Persona 5 Royal physical preorders to become available.

We're less than a few months away now.

tick tock tick tock, Atlus.
Untitled

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m here for the Judge Judy gif. Thank you.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BruceCM

Oi, I loved Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, @Ralizah .... & I liked Grimoir of the Rift a lot, too! What do you mean by 'weird', particularly?
Only got around to War of the Lions on Android but that's an amazing game, so I'm curious what put you off the original version, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Probably Star Ocean 2nd Evolution, @JaxonH .... I missed out on the others, though, so I've pre-purchased Divine Force for Steam & can let you all know what it's like?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic