Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,021 to 63,040 of 63,839

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano Who needs E3 when you just have E(veryone else).

I'm getting antsy for some Pokemon news myself, I don't want the Great Pokemon News Drought of 2021 to happen again (it hopefully won't since it was very much because BDSP and PLA were linked together but it still makes me worried whenever we get past May and there's still nothing).

Currently Playing: The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

kkslider5552000

Fizza wrote:

I'm getting antsy for some Pokemon news myself, I don't want the Great Pokemon News Drought of 2021 to happen again

I can't fathom what you're even talking about. We got 3 games, they did not avoid talking about those 3 games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Fizza

@kkslider5552000 There was not a single bit of news between February (the reveal) to August (the Pokemon Presents) apart from the release dates, box-arts and a tiiiiiiiny bit of BDSP gameplay in the Switch OLED reveal trailer. It was absolute hell when we knew next to nothing about both, particularly PLA. The August trailers were fantastic but still, was it ever painful.

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 After February 2021 reveal for BDSP and Legends Arceus, the only info we got on them before August 2021 was release dates revealed in June 2021 and a small snippet of gameplay in the Switch OLED reveal in July 2021 so it was very much an info drought for those 2 games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

I'm sure there'll be something in June. It's a new generation. They wouldn't leave us hanging for info. Right?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

gcunit

Never afraid to step forward and be the ****, I'm gonna do it again... KOTOR II being announced really should have been to the surprise of no-one. The moment they announced KOTOR I've been expecting the sequel to follow. Just a matter now of waiting for the physical release (pls pls pls be both games on one card).

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
Surprise? Not exactly. It only made sense they'd bring it over after the first. But that's still not guaranteed. There's lots of games that make perfect sense for Switch, that you'd think would be brought over, and yet never come.

Relief and excitement? Absolutely.

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Portal 1/2
STEAM: Monster Hunter World
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit @JaxonH The biggest thing that made KOTOR II not a guarantee is the game was originally developed by Obsidian, a studio that got acquired by Microsoft in 2018. Yes, Microsoft have been rather generous for Switch owners even as recent as January with Banjo-Kazooie added to NSO Expansion Pack but Microsoft's ultimate goal with Switch is obviously to convince Nintendo to allow Game Pass on it so they may change tactics at some point to try and achieve that goal.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

Except as a Star Wars game, it's property of Lucasfilm, which is a property of Disney... and the port is likely done by someone else (Aspyr, I assume). Obsidian being the original developer probably doesn't impact much, at this point.

Also, we're talking about a port of a decade and a half old RPG that's been readily available for a good while now. If Microsoft were really trying to do something, wouldn't they use something far more... substantial? Kinda like how the KOTOR remake is a timed Sony exclusive?

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

XandertheWise

just last year during the winter time i bought and downloaded Star Wars KOTOR II for my X Box One S. couldnt stand the beginning are the asteroid mining space station thing.

Glad to hear its being re-released again for the Switch next month which is a surprise because of the new star wars kenobi show etc

XandertheWise

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, my games order Youtubers Life 2 and Cat Quest 1 & 2 will be arrived soon.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarkRula

@XandertheWise Wouldn't that be the reason to release it around that time, though? It's Star Wars, and as long as you can market something relating to the franchise around the time of a big new media release, you'll be sure to have people checking it out just from the advertising algorithms making sure people see it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I don't think Gamepass is ever coming to Switch, and I think Microsoft knows that.

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH why Microsoft want Gamepass so much on Switch? Gamepass wont devalue Nintendo games?

i like HD Rumble.

Fizza

Quick question: why have people been asking for Gamepass to come to Switch? The Switch wouldn't be able to run Xbox games on it, surely? And it's not like it's a cloud service either where you could have them run on something else if I'm not mistaken. It just seems like something entirely out of the question from the offset personally. I will gladly eat my words if someone here can explain how Gamepass could even work on the Switch.

Haruki_NLI

@Fizza Much like how GamePass on PC has a seperate games list, so would GamePass on Switch. It's be the games on there that are also on Switch, plus some others.

Also it could use streaming, as that is part of a GamePass subscription

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DarthNocturnal

@Fizza

Actually, there is Xbox Cloud Gaming with Game Pass Ultimate, so streaming could be an option. Although, it would be the main option, since there are few Microsoft-owned titles published on Switch, and I doubt they'd let you play any 3rd party titles via download...

At that point, you might as well just use a phone, tablet or PC if you want to use Cloud Gaming. Bonus points if you have a Steam Deck.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
We don't know "how much" Microsoft wants Gamepass on Switch. All we know is they want it on every platform. Obviously, why wouldn't they.

But Nintendo doesn't want it, and neither does Sony. Nomatter what your opinions are on the side effects, or others opinion, it's clear that the professional business experts at Nintendo and Sony don't see it as being a net benefit. Otherwise they would have done it already.

So ya, it's clear it will never happen- I'm not really sure why people keep talking about it, refusing to let it go.

PLAYING
XSX:
PS5:

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH They won't stop trying though, that's for sure.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

There you go, the final wave of MK8 Deluxe profile icons this month is now available featuring the Egg Cup which means for the first time in 5 years you can now have a F-Zero themed profile icon.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic