Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,481 to 57,500 of 70,037

StuTwo

@JaxonH Nintendo has a habit of making us eat our words... or at least a habit of making us choke on our food as we open the internet and splutter "they're doing WHAT?! Are they INSANE?!" O_o

The thing is with Nintendo they almost always seem to return to ideas they like internally for inspiration. Be that things like the GameCube's 3d screen, the idea of a second screen/off screen play by connecting a GameBoy to an N64 (or a GBA to the GC) or casual friendly motion controls. Over and over and over again we see them going backwards to find inspiration.

That's why I just don't see them being forever finished with a clamshell design. It's the format of some of their most successful ever devices going back to the Game & Watch and it's the format that gave the GBA a kick of adrenaline.

Whether they do it with a Switch Lite 2.0 or not is anyone's guess (I personally think there's more than just a marginable chance given that they've already dropped the requirement for the Switch Lite to be dockable. I do however think it might come at a point when the Switch is a zombie console living on borrowed time).

Then again I thought we'd have seen retro themed joy-cons by now and they've played that completely straight. Nintendo are nearly impossible to predict - which is what makes it fun to watch what they do.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

JaxonH

Neo The World Ends With You pre-order for $49.99 at Walmart, free shipping.

Use with Walmart CC for 5% back on top of that, for an effective price of $47.49, more than 20% off MSRP.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jedgamesguy

@Balta666 It's gotta be a copyright issue or something. But it was still very fun picking them out. Maybe it was because Shinzō Abe was a fan of Mario?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

Used to be 100% BestBuy when the 20% off GCU discount existed.

But once that expired I moved to Amazon. Reason being, 9 out of 10 games shipped from BestBuy have crinkles and tears on the cover art along the spine. I don’t know why, but it’s the one thing I can consistently count on happening every single time I order a switch game from them.

9 out of 10 games ordered from Amazon do not have wrinkles and tear marks along the spine.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

I got my magnetic flip case for normal sized Switch and I love it. The full sized Switch just became pocketable. It's not as small or lightweight as the Lite, but pocketable is pocketable.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I was looking back at some old Directs and the final Smash 3DS/Wii U presence in a general Direct was a Direct closer. In November 2015, the Direct ended with Cloud announced for Smash and the airing month of the final Smash 3DS/Wii U Direct.

So it seems likely that Smash will end the September 2021 Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature I think if the final character was revealed first, people would be distracted from the rest of the Direct by the outcome of what the character is that.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Finally got around to ordering Skyward Sword HD last night and Amazon was 10 dollars under GameStop. Was a nice surprise and I have no idea why? I didn't think any special sales were going on or anything. And now I check other sites this morning and it seems everyone is down to the 50 bucks for it - I could have sworn it launched at 60.

rallydefault

JaxonH

I second that.

I had to listen to my brother rave about The World Ends With You for years and years, saying they need to make a sequel. The first game has a diehard fan base and for good reason. Having gone back and played it myself now, I can see why (DS version is best, just play on 3DS).

But I fear Neo The World Ends With You will fly under the radar, even after 10-15 years waiting for its release.

edit
3DS just got an update. In mid 2021, over TEN YEARS after the system released. If only all that stability was channeled into the Switch, which we all know, needs all the stability it can get

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

link3710

@DarthNocturnal That boss went from "I can't handle this" to "oh so easy" on repeated playthroughs for me tbh. Of course figuring out that spider ball counteracts his vacuum attack was a big part of that.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

New Animal Crossing update on July 29th but much like the last update, it's just a refresh of the 2020 events during the same time.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

This Okami crossover in Monster Hunter Rise is exactly what I was hoping for.

Next should be Wolf Link palamute with Midna as a Palico

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic