Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 69,981 to 69,991 of 69,991

NintendoByNature

Wondering where the reviews are for Tales of Kenzera and Euiyden Chronicles. Both are coming out in the next few days.

NintendoByNature

FishyS

Zau just dropped. Anyone played it yet? It looked really good.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

NintendoByNature

This thread has been awfully quiet. I wonder if it's from lack of switch enthusiasm and people waiting for the next big thing, lack of big games coming out, or something else entirely. I've been playing a bunch of smaller stuff on switch myself as there hasn't been much to be excited for, for me. Not until 1000 Year Door that is.

@FishyS I've watched some reviews and read some as well. So far, it's giving "good, but nothing great" vibes. It doesn't do much to separate itself from other metroidvanias, combat gets repetitive, and platforming is played safe. Where it shines is with story telling. So it's still on my WL, but not day 1( or day 2).

NintendoByNature

Novamii

@NintendoByNature I'd say it's a bit of everything, we're kinda in that awkward transitional period between consoles (That is to say, we're clearly approaching it.) I think people are just kind of waiting with baited breath until we finally hear something, which (Needless to say) can get people feeling a little restless. Until we hear official word, we've pretty much just been circling the same theories for the past several years, I think the thread has mostly been quiet because there really isn't any big concrete lead as to what's coming next apart from the rumor of next year.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

GameOtaku

@NintendoByNature
Personally speaking I just don’t see any interesting titles on the horizon to perk my interests. The next game I’m picking up physically is Castle of Shikigami 2 and it’s not exactly a big title. I’m hoping for a direct soon to fill in some blanks.

As far as what I’m hoping for its mostly retro compilations (physical non LRG ones naturally) and ports of games (like Soul Hackers 2, a Criminal Girls collection etc).

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature There's stuff that I've posted that would've fit here but I chose to use the Direct thread instead considering it's more active. For example the NSO news would fit here but it also fits in the Direct thread considering that NSO roadmaps can fit into Direct speculation.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@NintendoByNature Well it looks like there's not a lot of games coming out on Nintendo's end. We have upcoming remakes/remasters for Paper Mario: TTYD and Luigi's Mansion 2, and there's also gonna be Pokemon Legends Z-A next year, but that's about it. We still don't know a thing about Metroid Prime 4 besides a teaser and its delay, and the Game Boy and GBA catalogs on NSO could still use more games. I'd like a Nintendo Direct soon, honestly. Maybe it'll give us a look at the next Nintendo console, as well?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoByNature

@Novamii fair enough, that's probably the bulk of people I'd imagine.
@GameOtaku yep, for me it's only Paper Mario and Luigis Mansion 2. And I'd I've already beaten that game on the 3ds.
@Grumblevolcano I get it. There's alot of overlap between these 2 threads. Just feels like it's dying which is sad to say!
@Mariovillager92 a direct is definitely needed. I need the rest of my year filled out, even if it's not MP4.

NintendoByNature

MarioVillager92

@NintendoByNature I agree. I don't want this year to be barren... I'm perfectly happy with just more first-party Switch games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Novamii

@MarioVillager92 At the very least, if we can expect next-gen next spring, we should receive an announcement by the years end if nothing else and probably some teases of it's killer apps in a reveal trailer. Might still be pretty barren overall (Though I'm sure Nintendo has some tricks up their sleeve, even if they're probably mostly remasters and such. Not to mention Directs with plenty of games that will seamlessly bleed over into the Switch 2 library thanks to backwards compatibility.) but I think an announcement of that size might make up for it. Though that's really a case-by-case basis depending on how you feel about the current hardware.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic