Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 50,261 to 50,280 of 70,076

Kova

Does someone know, which country have the cheapest eshop 2 games vouchers? Those 99€ ones.

Kova

rallydefault

Why do you guys keep ignoring how hard the pandemic most likely hit their development times? And the "one big game a year" thing is ridiculous. Even now, halfway through 2020 which will likely go down as one of the worst years ever unless you live on a boat in international waters, Nintendo has released Animal Crossing and Origami King. Just because you don't like or don't consider either game "big" doesn't mean anything when it comes to actual facts. I hate Animal Crossing and will never own it, but it's still an original, high-quality first-party title regardless of my personal feelings.

rallydefault

-Green-

I’m genuinely very curious to see how just how badly the pandemic impacted game companies, especially for Sony and Microsoft since them releasing consoles this year must have had them jumping through enormous hurdles. Nintendo seemed that they were going to play this year incredibly safe to begin with, based on the rumors given way back when.

I’m very interested to see how the first year for the consoles will go and how badly impacted the games coming out on them are.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

kkslider5552000

I have to assume that enough stuff was enough on schedule that Microsoft and Sony will do...fine enough at launch (barring the Halo delay I guess).

I think one of the most interesting things we don't know about is how much were any of these companies able to adjust to things and how quickly. I'm on the side of Nintendo is doing fine, relax everyone, but at the same time, I do wonder if Nintendo was actually less prepared because of how different they are from other major gaming companies. I don't think anyone who doesn't work at Nintendo, actually knows. Like a lot of things, hindsight might make things clearer in that regard.

It is certainly weird that no major Nintendo title for November or December is confirmed yet, no matter what their hopes for that new Mario Kart Live thing are.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

link3710 wrote:

@skywake Oh I know, I just like to nit pick. Although, claiming that Oracle of Ages and Oracles of Seasons aren't separate games is kinda ludicrous IMO. That's like saying Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are the same game just because they reused assets and gameplay.

eh, again it's another edge case. I counted them as the same because they released at the same time as two parts of a larger experience. So in a sense they're kinda more like a pair of Pokemon games than a game and its sequel. Again, you could probably argue where I drew the line here because I didn't include Super Luigi U but did include Galaxy 2

edit: I also realise now that I didn't count the Link's Awakening remaster on Switch.... which I should have definitely counted

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

ianl579

@link3710 It's technically a new game, but in the same way that Labo is new. It seems specifically targeted at kids and doesn't have the same broad appeal that a mainline Mario Kart would.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

skywake

@link3710
For no other reason but to satisfy your reasonable pedantry
Untitled

changes:

• Included Links Awakening on Switch
  • Added Super GameBoy and GameBoy player as separate platforms
  • Separated Oracle of Seasons/Ages

also, something that I almost mistakenly changed but didn't. The proportion of games on GC + GBP doesn't quite line up with GC + GBA, you get another game but the bar almost doesn't move. This is because New SMB launched before the Wii so I'm counting it on GC as a game missing but not counting it on GBA.

Edited on by skywake

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

JaxonH

The thing is, as time goes on and more and more games release in totality, it’s more and more difficult to attain a higher percentage of games released on a particular console.

So the number of games released would be more meaningful, to me. It would naturally increase over time, but it would also allow for an appreciation of just how many past games they pile onto single systems nowadays.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

@JaxonH
This is true, which is why I graphed both number and proportion. Because you're right, the NES having all of the Zelda games before the SNES launched doesn't mean much when it was two games. The Switch may have access to less than a third of all Zelda releases but that's still five games, everything before the N64 and Breath of the Wild (slightly unrelated, how could would a GB/GBA NSO be!?)

TBH the main reason I'm pointing this out at all is because of a thread elsewhere on the intertubes. Some dude was trying to argue that the Switch was "still years behind" the Wii U in terms of its library of Mario titles. Which is kinda a BS argument because the only people who care enough to whine are probably big enough fans to have a Wii U and 3DS already. Even so, I like more objective measures.

And objectively? The Switch rivals the Wii U in terms of its Mario Library. Both for the total number of games but also the total proportion of the back catalogue available. It does fall well short for Zelda however....

Edited on by skywake

gcunit

Just catching up, so fwiw, I totally agree with @Dogorilla re. leaks. That Mario presentation was a delight, really nicely put together, but its impact was lessened by the 'tell me something I wasn't expecting' feeling, and the fact that all the pre-announcement hype means you watch the presentation with that voice in the back of your head that represents internet morons whining about the lack of graphical upgrade to 64 and the lack of Galaxy 2 because they've already stupidly talked themselves into expecting it. If that presentation had blind-sided everyone there'd be more positivity.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

-Green-

Dusk Golem was right about the Shenmue thing today, and they reaffirmed that they’re 100% confident on the Monster Hunter Switch game being announced soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s announced at TGS or in a partner direct if that’s the case

Edited on by -Green-

Grumblevolcano

Well Monster Hunter World got its last update a week ago:

So with that game's support ended, it makes sense that if there's something Switch related to announce soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Slowdive No More Heroes and Bravely Default are looking like they are gonna be delayed, take those away and the 2020 line up ends up on a single line. Plus I wouldn’t consider Jump Rope Challenge a game and Cadence Of Hyrule a 2020 title.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive No, I think it'll be in a Direct (Partner Showcase or general Direct). 3rd parties still mostly seem to save Switch specific announcements for Directs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Yeah I think it’ll be in a partner showcase and maybe then shown off at TGS. If SMTV and Nocturne can be I wouldn’t be surprised if MH could too

jump

@Slowdive it’s worth keeping in mind that 2017 isn’t as comparable to the other years since it wasn’t out the entire year.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

JaxonH

@skywake
I think by the time this gen is over, Switch will have the highest total number of Mario and Zelda games, or at least reasonably close to the most. We’re doing well with Mario now, but need more Zelda back catalog.

@-Green-
Right on. A new Monster Hunter for Switch, built ground up, is all I’ve wanted since the announcement of World. We’re so close. I imagine it’ll be announced by year’s end, or certainly by the end of fiscal year. Hopefully.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

If the RE Engine is being modified specifically for Switch hardware like this rumor suggests that also brings up the possibility of other RE Engine games coming to the console in due time

Maybe DMC5, RE7 and REmake 2/3 have a chance at happening as well. Not so sure about RE Village because that looks tailor made for next gen consoles.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry when this rumoured initially popped up they specifically said they couldn’t get the new Resident Evil games working on the Switch but the engine itself works on the Switch.

Nicolai wrote:

Haruki_NLI

Capcom: Asks Nintendo to add more RAM so they can use the RE Engine.

Nintendo: *does so

Capcom: Doesnt use the RE Engine for 4 years

The hell kinda logic is that?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic