Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 70,074

Moshugan

@MarcelRguez Not bad, at least the name sounds plausible.
Although, Google has a video calling app named Duo. Hmm.. A lot of things are named Duo so I don't know if that matters.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

FragRed

@MarcelRguez That name and logo looked odd to me and doesn't sound very "Nintendo" in name either. I'm expecting something weird for a name, like how the Wii is an odd name but also short and simple.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DjLewe78

I like the name but it's clearly fake. Surely Nintendo starts with a capital N

1 up !

dtjive

Surely Nintendo would have thought to have had the word nintendo and duo in line with each other? I mean I get that the logo around it is supposed to be in line with the word nintendo, but it just looks weird to me.

That being said- duo is not a bad name. Although anything is not a bad name when comparing it to the "Wii".

dtjive

skywake

I posted a tweet of someone who made a fake of the fake. Apparently the mods don't like it for some reason. Anyways, I think it's fair to say that it's extremely fake. Don't waste too much time on this one.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

LzWinky

We should get Detective Pikachu on the case!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

More details on this more recent saga, on the off chance you stumble across the proof that this is fake. This guy faked the fake to show how easy it was to create a fake. That faked fake is now circulating as proof that the fake is indeed fake.

Edited on by skywake

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

SLIGEACH_EIRE

skywake wrote:

More details on this more recent saga, on the off chance you stumble across the proof that this is fake. This guy faked the fake to show how easy it was to create a fake. That faked fake is now circulating as proof that the fake is indeed fake.

I just came from posting this elsewhere. It's causing confusion. And not just that, some sites are sayng he started the whole thing off despite him saying that he didn't.

I still think the original is probably a fake.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

skywake

dtjive wrote:

@skywake that was a confusing explanation lol

Basically the original fake is pretty fake. You can literally see the crinkles in the paper from it being printed on plain paper. But to have fun and kinda prove a point vooks replicated the fake. Then said "hey, look everyone! I faked it!". At that point certain sites started circulating that as news. Despite vooks almost immediately pointing out that the fake was also faked. Just goes to show how quickly this sort of stuff can gain traction.

BTW, if you google "Nintendo NX" you'll come across this logo

Untitled

Vooks also created that. He posted it on his Nintendo news site as a graphic for the original DeNA/NX story. It has now become "the NX logo". A lot of these gaming news sites just scrape the internet for anything novel about the NX. Anything can spread and you quickly lose the original context.

Edited on by skywake

skywake

@AlternateButtons
The latest tweet about it:

The original article, note the date:
http://www.vooks.net/nintendo-nx-is-the-the-codename-of-ninte...

Edited on by skywake

ntdojoe

For those interested, I recently revised my big NX concept, which describes two devices, a home console called Nintendo Ultimate and a mobile console called Nintendo Portable.

It now includes a new branding, something what I call the Nintendo One Platform and marketing ideas.

You can find it on [removed]. I'd love to hear what you think about it.

@ntdojoe: Use your signature if you want to advertise your own site - Octane

Edited on by Octane

Check out my big NX concept on http://ntdojoe.wordpress.com.
Concept includes Nintendo Portable, Nintendo Ultimate, NintendOS, Miitopia, RePlay, N Cam and more.

Twitter:

LzWinky

So are fans so desperate that they're making their own concepts?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ntdojoe

Wow, this forum's mean. I must have missed the point in life when being excited for stuff and making use of ideas became a bad thing. Don't understand what's wrong with linking to a concept as an attempt to start a discussion. I suddenly remember why I've jumped to Reddit ._.

Check out my big NX concept on http://ntdojoe.wordpress.com.
Concept includes Nintendo Portable, Nintendo Ultimate, NintendOS, Miitopia, RePlay, N Cam and more.

Twitter:

erv

It's that or playing video games, and who on nintendo life does that...?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TuVictus

@ntdojoe ignore them. You can post whatever you want when it comes to speculation . It's interesting to see different people's ideas of what the console could be. It's not against the rules to be excited so I say go for it

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

gcunit

@Operative I think he/she's just upset that the link was removed, forgetting that we have a pretty blanket policy of not allowing personal advertisements in posts.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ProjectX1991

@ntdojoe Had a look through your site. I'm really impressed and love your concepts - it's cool to see peoples ideas and creativity!

ProjectX1991

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic