Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,541 to 4,560 of 70,057

DefHalan

Haru17 wrote:

Since when did Paris Games Week matter to not-French people? Not a slight.

Since this news happened

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead But in that case shouldn't they just reveal the NX in 2017 where there's no holiday stuff?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@DefHalan To be fair there have been conferences in the past, sony had a conference there last year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MarcelRguez

Haru17 wrote:

Since when did Paris Games Week matter to not-French people? Not a slight.

This, especially when talking about Nintendo. They skipped E3, they can skip whatever the hell they want at this point.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

WebHead

@MarcelRguez At this point i am expecting a long direct with treehouse live right after at nintendo hq.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@Haru17 Last year's Paris Games Week was six times bigger than E3. It's almost as big as Gamescom in terms of attendance, and bigger than Tokyo Game Show. It's a pretty big deal. Sony had a presser last year, that was pretty good as well, and I believe they're having one again this year. I didn't expect Nintendo to have a press conference at PGW, but if they had revealed the NX by then, they surely would be attending the event.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Octane Fair enough.

Anyways, I think it'll be revealed mid to late October. I think October 11th is the next date to watch as far as the announcement of the reveal date goes - Nintendo loves to announce stuff on Tuesdays, and that's after Color Splash launches in the US and Europe. The reveal will probably be the week of the 17th.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

I don't think Nintendo cares too much about interfering with Color Splash's release. There's not really a whole lot of interest from both Nintendo and fans alike in the game, so I don't think they consider it a priority.

As for Pokemon, don't expect to see a main game at the reveal event or anytime during 2017. The fact that they chose to debut a brand new generation the year before the NX is coming out implies that they're committed to the 3DS for a couple of years. They tend not to split up generations across hardware, and for good reason too. If they were to suddenly transition to new hardware mid gen it would cause compatibility problems and split their userbase. And since it's a new generation, they're probably not going to make just one game and then suddenly shift gears to a new generation, there's probably another game or two in the works for 7th gen. The smart money would be on Game Freak releasing another 3DS game in 2017 and then making the switch in 2018/2019 (2018 seeming more likely considering Game Freak's typical development pattern of releasing three games in a row and then skipping a year, following that pattern would mean 2019 would be their next break year). It's not uncommon to see Pokemon games on last gen hardware, the series tends to be a straggler when it comes to new hardware.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Moshugan

We all just need to relax right about now. Our worries won't hasten the coming of NX news one bit.

There's actually nothing that necessitates nor even indicates a delay of any sorts. There's no reports of any problems. To the contrary, there has been rumors of the trial production and an October reveal.
The silence can very possibly mean that they've chosen to begin promoting the NX only after Color Splash (they're still posting videos related to it YAWN).
All talk of a delay is just the result of the emotional hangover that we're still experiencing after expecting a September reveal so much, yet not getting anything.

If they're still being vague at the investors meeting at the end of October - then we can start freaking out!

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Moshugan

Haha! HMK, total frustration mode:

"I'm not asking for a reveal NOW, I'm just asking when are we going to get it!"

EOTW

Here's something else to think about: if Nintendo wants to keep the 3DS going for at least another year, wouldn't that indicate NX is not a handheld? If it is it would cannibalize 3DS sales.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Moshugan

@EOTW I feel that the 3DS support is not robust enough to make that conclusion, and it's not uncommon to offer support to an older platform in the transitional period.

IceClimbers

@EOTW Nintendo wants software support to continue through 2017. That's to keep existing 3DS owners happy, not to create new owners.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EOTW

Okay, sure, but the Wii U is dead as a rock. It would be weird to have two handhelds - even temporarily - and no home console.

Or 1.5 handhelds and 0.5 home consoles whatever.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

shaneoh

EOTW wrote:

If it is it would cannibalize 3DS sales.

One possible reason why they haven't unveiled the NX yet. The 3DS is their bread and butter at the moment, to announce a new handheld would cause 3DS hardware sales to take a dive, and software would likely dip a bit. You don't want to be losing sales at this point in the year.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

-SD-

It wouldn't surprise me if they do hold off on the reveal until early next year just so they can squeeze as much out of the 2DS, 3DS and Pokémon as possible this Xmas. It's not the first time they've pulled this kind of thing.

Edited on by -SD-

SNK - The Future is Now

Bolt_Strike

shaneoh wrote:

EOTW wrote:

One possible reason why they haven't unveiled the NX yet. The 3DS is their bread and butter at the moment, to announce a new handheld would cause 3DS hardware sales to take a dive, and software would likely dip a bit. You don't want to be losing sales at this point in the year.

As if they're going to get much from a lineup full of ports. They've already sealed the 3DS and Wii U's fate by shifting to NX, whatever sales they get from this year's 3DS lineup isn't worth the long damage they're doing by holding out on the NX reveal and screwing up the console's marketing.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

shaneoh

It's not about getting hardware sales from new software, but overall hardware sales. Announcing a new handheld at this time of year will bring two specific thoughts forward in people's minds:

1."There is a new piece of hardware coming out in a few more months, why buy an old piece of hardware when it is soon to be replaced?"

2."Well the 3DS is going to be replaced soon, I'll wait until it gets the inevitable price cut to buy it."

If the NX is a handheld and was announced tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me if the next few months of 3DS hardware sales were cut by at least a third, which isn't an insignificant number.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

erv

shaneoh wrote:

EOTW wrote:

It's a good point, but I think that's what that mini nes is for.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic