Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,601 to 42,620 of 69,981

TuVictus

All they gotta do to make it not an embarrassment is actually put effort into some basic online things But it's Nintendo, so... Hah.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

HobbitGamer

We can’t forget the golden nugget of “They should make the plan have tier pricing, then charge more than the base to get SNES games”

Whatever, mine and a friend’s re-ups in September. Since I bought hers last year, I’m putting us both on a family plan anyway with our other friend. I play online games, I buy a sub. First world problem solved.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

I'm already paid through two more years of NSO.

A separation of NSO tiers by price would suck.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I'd imagine you will be able to upgrade your current membership like how on XB1 you can upgrade from Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Gold + Game Pass XB1 + Game Pass PC) though of course Nintendo wouldn't be as generous as upgrade for $1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

If I were buying an individual subscription, a SNES tier wouldn't interest me. I can play all the SNES games I want on my 3DS/SNES mini - I really don't need SNES games with that annoying forced border on my Switch.

That said, I buy a family plan and that would likely soften the blow so I'll probably end up with it anyway.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GameOtaku

Ideally how about this, virtual console on switch but nso nes still works as it should but gives subbers 5 games from vc free that they have access to at any time even after the sub is over. Everyone wins, non subbers can buy games subbers play all free and keep 5 (in addition they could buy normally).

GameOtaku

TheFrenchiestFry

@NintendoByNature I think what this means is that the price of a yearly subscription is about to take a massive hike because they're going to charge you for the online, NES games AND SNES games in addition to those

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@GameOtaku nintendo wouldn't be that kind! THEY'RE NINTENDO!

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

NintendoByNature

@BlueBlur101 a massive hike would hopefully warrant massive results and improvements. But, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks time I'd assume.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

Tiers is a good idea tho I would want to upgrade my tier. I’d like to keep my basic cheap online. I have a Snes mini. Nes mini Wii shop virtual console games. 3ds virtual console games and Wii u virtual console games and nes and Snes cartridges. Would be great for the people who haven’t experienced Snes games

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ralizah

@IceClimbers I'm so happy they're going back to the older style of game design. Even happier they specifically mention dungeons! I really liked the dungeons and towns in the original game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

I mean, Sony took stuff AWAY and THEN increased the price. This is a logical move.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GameOtaku

@BlueBlur101
Maybe 2 or 3 then, as long as the games equal around $20.

I know I sound like a broke record but I'd love to have unhindered access to a self curated classic game collection legally available to everyone.

GameOtaku

DenDen

@IceClimbers yes yes yes!! Good news!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BougieBeetle

I, like everyone else, would love to have all the games I want available to me conveniently and for free. But of course that's unrealistic.

Nintendo is very diligent about maintaining the value of their IP. They have always resisted collections and re-releases, except under very specific and curated circumstances. Compare this to Sega, which has re-released their older library so often and at such incredible discounts that the value of, say, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is virtually negligible. Nintendo is still milking Super Mario Brothers after all this time. It's not good for us, the consumer, but it's very good for Nintendo, the company. Whether the value they maintain is an illusion or not, is another question.

Mr. Yamauchi would fully endorse this model. Wherever he is (probably hell), he's loving this era of Nintendo.

Edited on by BougieBeetle

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Haruki_NLI

To be blunt Yamauchi is probably asking why they haven't monetised every game to hell and back and let Square Enix back in the door.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

It’s whatever. I’ll pay an extra $10/yr if I can have Super Mario World, Super Metroid and Zelda Link To The Past on my Switch, and a bunch of others (naturally).

It’s not the best deal, but as a consumer I’m willing to pay that for SNES. That’s worthy of a $10 upgrade to me ($30/yr). I’ll pay another $10 for N64 ($40/yr), and even bump another $20 (to make it a full $60/yr) if they toss in GameCube. But at that point I would expect a bonus for the full package, say... GBA. Or maybe Wii with Button support mapped to classic controller.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

When people say they want Virtual Console, they don't mean they want Virtual Console. They just want the usual suspects and the romanticized version of Virtual Console.

The downfall of Virtual Console in that the lesser/niche games are not going to be monetized as well while everything else dominates the conversation. Games like EarthBound were an anomaly on the charts. Anyone would look at the lists and ask "well how do we bolster the sales of that then?" and come to the conclusion of a subscription price.

Subscriptions have their own downfalls that I'm not interested in arguing about (and from the people who just popped in, I can already tell they'll want to butt heads with me on that and shout from the rooftops they hate subscriptions), but Virtual Console also has negatives of its own from Nintendo's side.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic