Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 70,074

DefHalan

NinChocolate wrote:

A Nintendo rep from Canada said Fall, if you'll all remember. That's popularly thought of as October time. Most credible and proximate info so far on the matter

That said, Wednesday is also a good day for Nintendo to send out news, lol

What kind of a rep? If it was a in store rep, those guys don't know much more than the general public. I remember a Nintendo Canada Rep was caught on camera saying Rayman, or some other character that didn't make it, was going to be in Smash Bros.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MarcelRguez

@NinChocolate He didn' say fall, people don't know how to read French and just copy-pasted a shoddy translation everywhere. He said "before the end of the year", so he was probably going by Kimishima's words.

@DefHalan Nintendo of Canada General Manager.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FragRed

NeoGAF and Reddit are going to go wild today with all their rumours of the NX reveal that won't be happening. Though I hold out hope for a reveal date being announced.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Moshugan

Uh.. the only things we know:
> news before the end of the year
> launc in March 2017
Then there's a bunch of rumors.

You know what, I'm gonna stop following the rumor/reveal discussions for now. It's starting to doing nothing but harm to my sanity. :-----D

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

FragRed

@Moshugan But you know you can't be a Nintendo fan unless you have no sanity. How else do you think we manage to get through the crazy, illogical decisions they make

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

One thing to note is that Nintendo always gives their EGX info around a week before the actual event, so if NX is at that event the reveal will be this week or very early next week.

Of course Nintendo's focus there could be the usual Wii U and 3DS approach of past events this year where most games are already released ones with the odd new one like Color Splash and Sun/Moon as well as a very limited access to BotW (e.g. having to win a Smash/MK8/Splatoon tourney to play)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DjLewe78

So this gamestop conference today? Are we expecting anything? And what time is it for us English?

1 up !

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Why would they reveal it at EGX, that's probably the least relevant conference they visit. if they're not doing E3, Gamescom or TGS, then I expect they'll do their own event (or a Direct).

@DjLewe78 I believe it was 11:00 in CA, that's 19:00 in the UK. Don't expect anything though.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I'm not saying about them revealing it there but rather if it was to be playable there. The actual event doesn't start until 22nd September so they could for example reveal in a Direct or TGS this week and then Eurogamer announce that it'll be playable at EGX.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Maybe, but why didn't they show it two weeks earlier so it could at TGS for example? Assuming there are some third party games in development for it. It doesn't make any sense to skip a big event only to reveal it a week or so later.

Octane

DjLewe78

@Octane

OK cool I won't stock up on Pizza and NX bingo cards then

We'll maybe pizza

1 up !

FragRed

@DjLewe78 There's always an excuse to stock up on pizza. Pizza solves all problems when alcohol isn't handy. When you're watching an event, crying in despair at Nintendo or merely just eating for the sake of eating.

Octane

@DjLewe78 I'd stock up on pizza too if I had a proper pizzeria in my area..

Octane

skywake

@Octane
A pizzeria would be ideal but there alternatives. Make your own dough and throw a bunch of tomatoes, bacon and cheese on it. Throw it in a high oven. Browse the the lack of NX information while you wait for 15mins or so. Then season with the tears of the now insane redditors

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

TuVictus

What's the general gist of things going on in neoGaf and reddit? Equally frustrated with the lack of information or going crazy with nonsense rumors

TuVictus

erv

It's quite impressive that Nintendo is able to keep it a secret for this long.

Unless it's all a fad, and we won't be playing the system before summer next year.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

@skywake Haha, but on a more serious note; that's what I already do, but standard kitchen ovens don't reach the temperature needed for pizza; so I prefer to get mine made by a good Italian pizzeria; and not one of those chain "pizzerias" like Domino's.

Octane

DjLewe78

@Octane

A good pomodoro tomato sauce, semolina flour base, buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, all cooked in really hot oven on a pizza stone (available in good cooking shops or online) finished with Parma ham, fresh chillis and rocket, and a drizzle of decent olive oil. Teach Yourself that and by then we should have another roumor of a possible announcement

possibly

1 up !

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic