Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,061 to 33,080 of 70,033

Haruki_NLI

I dunno about you guys but that SOTN collection is most definitely exclusive to PS4 now.

Which....reminds me that Snake got into Smash to advertise a game on a separate system. Now Richter too. Huh.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Cobalt

@GrailUK

The two best "2D non-nintendo platform" Castlevanias but to be honest, playing these games on a flatscreen it's a disgrace...

The best way to play those is simple :

A PC engine DUO/DUO-R/DUO-RX + CRT + Chi No Rondo
A Japanese PlayStation + CRT + Gekka No Yasokyoku

This is priceless...

Cobalt

EvilLucario

Meh, Order of Ecclesia is still better than both lmao. It still is pretty weird we're not getting it (nor Xbox, although Symphony of the Night is on the 360 though it can be played via BC IIRC), but if I want the definitive Castlevania game, I'll play Order of Ecclesia or even Dark Souls.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Cobalt

@EvilLucario

Order of Ecclesia is my favorite of all !
But Chi No Rondo is really special to me... I have a story with this game ! ^^

Cobalt

JaxonH

South Park Stick of Truth is fantastic!

The music is epic, you can definitely tell this is an Obsidian game. And finally on Switch! I liked the new one, at least, what I played so far, but I kept hearing the first was a masterpiece. I haven't played much, but it's excellent.

Can't believe all these great games are coming out non-stop. Wish South Park Stick of Truth got a physical release to sit next to Fractured But Whole, but eh, it's fine. About to order another 512gb micro SD card anyways. And the new plastic Nyko kickstand releases in a few weeks to stash the spare 400gb. Will be rockin back on track soon enough.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Nogalious is coming to Switch!

I did an impressions stream and article on this little game a while back. Is brutally challenging but well structured, if a little unclear at points because of language barriers.

gcunit

And that's how you piss people off. Hype an announcement 24hrs before revealing a port of a budget title that, while decent, is nothing to get excited for.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

When you make an announcement telling fans that they will revealing the next game they have been working on for the past year and a half, you are deliberately creating good reason to get people excited - even if some of it was way overblown.

But at the same time, this is a port. Surely it didn't take them this long to just port the game?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

I love Art of Balance. Would be even better with motion and HD rumble!

But I do agree that's not something that should be hyped up.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Wow, those 512GB cards cost 16% more than the console itself! For a U1! And not one from actual reliable brands...Integral and PNY SD cards? Ouch. No wonder the last one failed on you!

I actually caved when I realized the 400GB was a 1-day sale and ordered one yesterday. (5 days after I bought my 256..... just 5 days.... ) Slow, but I'll use up my 256 and maybe save the 400 for a rainy day like a gamecard stuffed with physical retail games and actually swap SDs . One for performance, one for retail. But $350+ for an off-brand? Eek!

NEStalgia

link3710

It's not even a new Art of Balance? That's so weird...

I was about to ask if people thought we'd get a Kirby next year, then I remembered technically we are. Guess they're continuing their uninterrupted stream of releases, even if HAL isn't involved. I wonder if there'll be a Switch Kirby title as well, given their usual release rate though. Then again, they STILL haven't finished releasing known characters for Star Allies so...

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Only difference between U1 and U3 is min write speed of 10 vs 30.

Read speeds arent affected.

I haven't had any issues with my U1 400gb card. Speeds seem normal.

Im ordering the PNY, but maybe will wait for the new Samsung 512 which is supposed to release soon

RR529

I could see them releasing a port of Rainbow Curse in 2019, if the next new Kirby game wouldn't be ready. This would give them time to finish out the last Star Allies update and start work on a game for 2020, and still let them have a Switch Kirby release in 2019.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

EvilLucario

Wonder if Shin'en just needs the money for new projects. Fast RMX was an enhanced port of Fast Racing Neo as well. Is there something behind the scenes we don't know about? Eh.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Epic Yarn is the 2019 Kirby game.

Moving on.

NEStalgia

@JaxonH The U1 and U3 ratings are specifically for writes, yes, but it seems to be a bi-product that U3 cards also have slightly faster read speeds, hitting more often at the high end of their spec'd range than the U1 cards. Generally on Switch that shouldn't make a meaningful difference, but it does technically make a measurable difference. Hair splitting, of course, like .7 seconds faster loads of BOTW etc. Measurable but doesn't change the play in a meaningful way.

Yeah I'm glad I grabbed the sale price 400. If only I'd waited another week to buy, but oh well now I have a fast 256 and a 400.

Yeah, I don't know, PNY isn't the worst off-brand you can find, sometimes they're decent, but Samsung and WD/Sandisk, along with Lexar ar generally my picks for SD as they're always the OEM and PNY has a habit of rebadging stuff sometimes. But sometimes they have the good stuff as well. (OTOH I'm afraid of Samsungs pricing if PNY is $350..... It feels like hard drives in 1996. )

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

I think there'll be no Switch Kirby game for 2019 but rather the final Star Allies update coming in early 2019. If the update was coming this year, I think we would've seen it in the September Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic