Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,821 to 25,840 of 69,964

Ralizah

@Dogorilla Several games were ports, including Mark of the Ninja, Lumines, and all of the Banner Saga games.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane

Hyper Light Drifter is one of the best games of 2016. One of my favourite indie games.

Octane

Dogorilla

@Ralizah Oh, never mind then. I do think most of the games in the presentation look great though, I wasn't disappointed by it (other than its length)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Lroy

@IceClimbers Cool, due you have a link to the release date announcement?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

link3710

Wow, seems like we're getting most of the major GameMaker games announced pretty quick. HLD, Undertale, Rivals of Aether, Crashlands... The only ones I can think of that haven't been announced are Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Gunpoint, both of which I'd love to see. I seem to remember the Spelunky creator mentioning they wanted to get something on the Switch so....

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

Hyper Light Drifter?

And Hollow Knight release info later this week?

And Bloodstained release info next week?

And Lumines?

Run that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryzaerian

Hotline Miami is coming to Switch? Sweet. I loved that game on my (now sold) Vita.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Ralizah

@link3710 Wait, Hotline Miami has been confirmed for Switch?

link3710

@Ralizah Nope, let me edit that, my search was actually an article on it being confirmed in Travis Strikes Back whoops

link3710

Ryzaerian

You raise our hopes, only to crush them under the heel of your boot.

You, sir, are a tyrant.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Ralizah

Honestly, unless the devs have some weird grudge against Nintendo, the Hotline Miami games seem like an inevitability at this point. Pretty much every indie that's not platform-exclusive seems to be coming to the Switch.

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah Hotline Miami is in my top ten games of all time. The combination of the soundtrack and the incredibly challenging but additive gameplay keeps me coming back for more, time and time again.

I put over 80 hours into the game across both the PS Vita and PlayStation 4, and it slightly scares me just how much time I would put into the game if a Switch version was announced...

Peek-a-boo

Lroy

IceClimbers wrote:

@Lroy It was announced on Twitter.

Here's a video showing off the Switch exclusive Tournament Battle

Sweet! Thanks mate.

gcunit

As someone who has never been able to enjoy or get into Tetris at all, can anyone convince me I'd like Lumines, cos it looks pretty similar.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo They're OK. The games are at their best when they're letting you tackle big, baddie filled levels in whatever manner you see fit. They're less fun when you're stealthing around (the hospital level in the first one especially sucks) or the game is throwing frustrating and borderline unfair boss fights at you.

I didn't feel like the second one was a very compelling evolution on the first game. If anything, it was a downgrade, considering they made it harder to maintain combo chains, removed the ability to instantly kill enemies when unnoticed AND the ability to use an enemy as a human shield. In exchange, they added in a borderline useless gimmick where you could dual wield weapons and shoot in opposing directions.

Also, I found the games uncomfortable to play on PS4 and PC, for some reason. The Vita versions, crucially, made the lock-on mechanic much less finicky, so they're my go-to versions of those games.

With that said, I do think they'd make a good addition to the Switch's library.

Edited on by Ralizah

Lroy

gcunit wrote:

As someone who has never been able to enjoy or get into Tetris at all, can anyone convince me I'd like Lumines, cos it looks pretty similar.

Sounds like a job for @Meppi64 ?

Spoony_Tech

Has this been mentioned?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Spoony_Tech He said that with Smash 4 too. Just means his answer hasn't changed, which is great!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic