Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,241 to 20,260 of 70,035

StuTwo

Give a man £100 and he'll be happy. Give the man next to him £101 and the first man will only ever talk about the extra £1 he didn't get...

I think it's clear now that Switch will get better support - both 1st and 3rd party -going forwards than Wii U. And much better than 3DS which was never even in the discussion for downscaled ports of current gen games.

Even if it wasn't going to get better 3rd party support it'd still be a better prospect than either 3ds or Wii U due to Nintendo consolidating their resources. No '2014 was an awesome year for 3ds and terrible for Wii U but then 2015 was the opposite way around' situation for Switch.

We're also seeing indies find incredible success on Switch and the quality and scale of ambition of the top indie games is continuing to grow.

So why care about what we're not getting?

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

FX102A

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Unfortunately we have to instead listen to you and your consistant cretinous diatribes on your continued pathetic existence on this website with all the positiveness of a Deep Sea Angler-fish that insists on wearing a Waffen SS Uniform.

FX102A

TuVictus

Geez well that just poured a mountain of salt into this thread

TuVictus

MFD

@MegaTen RE 2 remake, I would guess, depends on how well RER 1 and 2 will sell.

@JaxonH was the Wii-U Successful? If not, then what is this? http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/142/142946/Monster-Hu...

The Switch is outpacing the Wii-U like a professional cyclist outpaces a child's first attempt to start cycling. Surely, that's worth something on their side? Even "just" the localization of XX, even if it's quick and dirty, would surely tide people over for a while.

@Ralizah The whole Capcom and XX situation just left me absolutely crushed. And that's not even to talk about those folks who have been supporting it on 3DS! I mean XX is also on 3DS, yet nothing of that either. Then to see those games that would be great on Switch pass the system up, like that Megaman HD collection, Disney afternoon collection and Okami remake of which the original was on the Wii... it just makes you wonder if Capcom really is that stupid to be caught COMPLETELY unaware by this, or that they just don't care either way.

And thank you for your kind words.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

MFD

@Snaplocket My thoughts exactly. I can see why people would come to a conclusion that they'd "have" to been too deep into Sony's pockets, even if I'm sure that's all just rumour and hearsay.

A lot of the others, they're coming around and that's good to see. Ubisoft did a good job with Mario + Rabbids if you ask me, and Bethesda is taking big risks for the system. I'm wondering what we'll see from FromSoftWare, what else the NISA can cook up, and what the Story of Seasons from Marvelous will look like. There's good stuff coming for sure, but it'll take some time.

MFD

Ralizah

@UmniKnight The Capcom situation sucks, but at the end of the day, it's just one company. I REALLY like several of Capcom's I.P.s, but their support isn't make or break for me.

Two important things to note:

1) They're still bringing something to the system this year besides SF (Resi 1 and 2, which are both pretty great games!)

2) Capcom has made a lot of money from Nintendo systems in the last several years, so it's hardly like there's no good working relationship between them and the Big N. Everyone seems to have been kind of blindsided by all of the support the Switch is getting, and I do honestly think Capcom had just written off the system early on and is probably scrambling to prepare software for the system. Like I said, we'll know in 2018.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MFD

@Ralizah Oh? Last I checked, it was only RER 1 + 2. (And I'm not disputing their quality, I'm sure they're great for those interested, but as with Mario Odyssey, they're still part of a genre that not everyone (including myself) will enjoy.)

True as to the work relationship, but as they've proven, that doesn't matter for jack in the face of the only thing that does matter in business: Money. Plus, when you consider Capcom's position, their success on Nintendo systems, then look at Bethesda, haven't been there in a long time, and now poof: Here they are, with DOOM with Wolfenstein, with Skyrim. They're putting Capcom to shame, and that baffles me.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Grumblevolcano

Something even more important than games is coming to Switch, starting today. Yes, the first entertainment app (Hulu) is coming to Switch today so we'll likely be seeing stuff like Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc. soon. Maybe even 5.0.0 system update will have an internet browser.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nicolai

Awe man, Octodad is supposed to be scheduled for today on the Switch eShop, but it doesn't seem to be available for purchase yet. Did they perhaps mean Nov 9th at 11:59?

EDIT: in fact, there's 5 other eShop releases scheduled for today that also haven't been released yet. I wonder why.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MFD

@MegaTen "You may (or may not) remember the story that CAPCOM suggested twice the amount of RAM for the Switch." I do, but people pointed out to me that they were one of a couple to ask that, and that it didn't really mean anything special. As far as Capcom is concerned, I expected more. That's it.

MFD

Agriculture

gcunit wrote:

Agriculture wrote:

I agree. When they made GTA5 and MGS5 they released them on the last generation of consoles too, and the Switch is more powerful than them, so there is no reason why the latest game in a popular series shouldn't come to the Switch.

If Bethesda announce Elder Scrolls 6 and it's not coming to Switch, then I would be pissed off.

Ridiculous. A couple of months ago Switch barely had any non-indie multi-plats on its lineup. Then Bethesda announce a couple of ports and you suddenly expect every new AAA.

My ignore list amnesty didn't last long.

If Switch doesn't get all new tripe-A multiplattform game, then the Switch will be "that console you get if you want to miss out on all big releases". Like I said, the developers of GTA5 managed to make the game for the last generation too, so there really isn't an excuse as to why the next GTA shouldn't be on Switch. Especially if the high sales of the console keep up.

Agriculture

Nintendoforlife

Nicolai wrote:

Awe man, Octodad is supposed to be scheduled for today on the Switch eShop, but it doesn't seem to be available for purchase yet. Did they perhaps mean Nov 9th at 11:59?

EDIT: in fact, there's 5 other eShop releases scheduled for today that also haven't been released yet. I wonder why.

The shop does update at 12:00 PM EST that might be why.

Nintendoforlife

Azooooz

As Nintendo Life has posted, Hulu will be available today for North American Switch owners.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
What is what? What does MH3U have to do with anything?

Again, for like the 5th time. It takes a year for games to get localized. Has it been a year since MHXX released in Japan? No? Then hold your horses

I'm a wayyy bigger MH fan than you. Every game and special edition sealed, 1500 hours hunting since the 3rd generation... and even I'm not freaking out about it. I went through the outcry phase, and then remembered it always takes a year for localization. So just ease off a bit and revisit this in August 2018.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH Then what's with all the people I see saying XX is 70% done? I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom held it back to let World have it's full run first. Plus there's that rumour that was largely accurate, saying Capcom didn't want a quick and dirty XX port for the West.

Because you said this, in regards to MH and successful platforms "This series has always bounced from successful platform to successful platform." and so I had to point out that, the Wii-U did in fact, have a Monster Hunter. And last I checked, that console has infamously fared less than stellar.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano That's not more important than games. Good to see though.

I just hope they treat it like the Octopath demo and the Pac-Man VS Download Play app and not allow it into the Best Sellers tab

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Wii U was not a new release. It was a port of the 3DS game which was basically just an enhanced version of MH3. The game was practically Monster Hunter TRI from the Wii.

Likewise, MHXX is just a port of the 3DS game which was an enhanced version of Generations. NEW GAMES only come to successful platforms. Like I said.

And again, I'm WAY bigger fan than you. 1500 hours clocked. And even I'm not [removed] out. Either wait until next summer, or import it like I did. But you've been complaining about this for months. Let it go.

Edited on by Octane

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Nicolai

@Nintendoforlife
Oh, I didn't realize. That's a little strange, considering Mario Odyssey released right at midnight.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MFD

@JaxonH What does being a "bigger" fan matter here? What does it give you, other than bragging rights? People are different per, I've been playing MH since the Wii version and have played every version in between including 3DS. I've enjoyed all of them. Since XX is just an upgraded port of the 3DS version, then surely they should both be pretty close to ready for localization?

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic