Forums

Topic: The Wonderful 101: Remastered on Switch

Posts 41 to 60 of 138

antster1983

The surveys are now out, but I didn't see any option to select my platform...

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@antster1983 I've been checking my email and haven't gotten that notification. Where did you hear/read that?

NintendoByNature

antster1983

@NintendoByNature I got an email from Kickstarter with the subject header "Response Needed! Get your reward for backing The Wonderful 101: Remastered." Don't know why you didn't get yours, but it's on their Kickstarter page anyway.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@antster1983 just got it. Filled it out. But i also didn't get a request to see what platform I wanted

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature, @antster1983 They sent out an email notice a little bit ago acknowledging that error and promising that they'd address it. Ironically I filled out the survey after reading that message, and it hadn't been updated yet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

link3710

I just filled mine out and it had it in it, so appears it's been fixed.

link3710

CanisWolfred

This was the game I purchased a Wii U to play...that I never progressed passed the first level of, unless I'm thinking of the demo. I might not have ever really gotten around to it, honestly. Hopefully I can give it a proper playthrough on the Switch.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NintendoByNature

I still haven't found where I can pick my platform. Anyone else having this issue?

NintendoByNature

Magician

It took a while, but AmazonNA finally opened preorders for the Remaster.

AmazonEU and AmazonJP opened preorders weeks ago.

Better late than never.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

I still haven't found where I can pick my platform. Anyone else having this issue?

I haven't either. But I expect they'll divulge further info soon enough for those who had borked surveys. From what I understand, it only happened to those who picked the physical reward tier.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

For anyone like yours truly who supported the 4,400¥ physical reward tier, the following Kickstarter update went out from Platinum earlier today:

PlatinumGames wrote:

To all our Wonderful backers,

Thank you for your cooperation with the surveys. Many of you have already completed them, but for those of you who have yet to respond, we would deeply appreciate you doing so as soon as possible.

An apology to everyone who selected the 4,400 yen Physical reward tier:
We're very sorry, but there was an error in the content of the survey that was sent to you at first – the question about which platform you would like the game on was accidentally left out of the survey.

We have contacted Kickstarter management, and they have agreed to help us send out the survey again, but due to current technical difficulties with their system, they have been unable to send it out again.

Therefore, we’ll need a bit more time, but once the new version of the survey has been sent out, we will post another update. If you have already completed the first survey for this tier (4,400 yen – Physical reward tier), you will need to complete the new one as well because the initial survey results for this tier will be replaced by the new survey.

Again, we're very, very sorry, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

Looks like a new survey is in the works, but technical difficulties are muddying the situation.

Tyranexx

Brief update: for those who had borked surveys, a new email has went out with the amended survey. You have to fill everything out again, but I can confirm that it does include the platform choice this time.

I went with the Switch, naturally.

Tyranexx

Well folks, according to the latest Kickstarter update, the physical release is getting delayed.

PlatinumGames wrote:

Hey there all you Wonderful backers,

We hope you’re all taking care of yourselves in these difficult times. In this update, we want to address a few questions and concerns regarding game and reward delivery that have cropped up recently.

Physical Versions
Unfortunately, due to the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic, we’re expecting delays in preparing the US and EU physical versions. Backer rewards are being given the highest priority, but due to distribution issues, backers who have chosen physical versions of the game may receive it after general retail release. Our current estimate for the start of shipping rewards is late June. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

We know this is incredibly frustrating, and as a token of our apology for this, we will be providing all physical version backers with a Steam download code for The Wonderful 101: Remastered, so that they can play the game at the same time as backers who purchased the digital version.

Digital Versions
Codes for digital versions of The Wonderful 101: Remastered will go out to backers who pledged the corresponding tiers starting on May 7th. Due to the number of codes it may take some time for all backers to receive them, but we will work to get all digital tier backer codes out ahead of the retail release.

Physical Version Retail Release
Due to the effects of COVID-19 on production on distribution, the retail release date of The Wonderful 101: Remastered has been pushed back, to June 30th for the US version package release, and July 3rd for the EU version package release. While we are working to prioritize backer rewards, please bear in mind that the state of shipping and distribution in various areas may result in some backers getting their rewards after retail release. Again, we apologize for the unforeseen issues, and we are doing our best to get everyone the game as soon as possible.

We thank everyone for their patience in these unpredictable times, and hope you are all staying safe and healthy.

Kind of a bummer, but totally understandable too. It's nice that they're providing free Steam codes; it might make me finally get a Steam account, though I know what'll happen if I sign up....XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx this is totally understandable and i almost expected it. My only question is, why wouldn't they give physical backers the choice of which platform to choose the digital code on? I guess why would they assume you want it on steam?

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature Because Steam game codes are far cheaper than other platforms to my understanding. They have to pay the platform to give out game codes, it's not free.

Luckily, a digital steam copy is exactly what I wanted anyway, cause mods.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic