Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,207

bluemage1989

@JackEatsSparrows there is just so much good stuff on sale at the moment. In the last week I have picked up on and off sale Shantae Half Genie Hero, Hollow Knight, Horizon Chase Turbo, Stardew Valley, The Banner Saga, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Grim Fandango Remastered, RBI Baseball 18 and I still have Smash which has and will no doubt continue to be fun for a very long time. My wife also gave me Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas. I also picked up Wave Race 64 and Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber for the WiiU. Looking at this list is there anything anyone would recommend that is in a different genre to those I have recently bought??

bluemage1989

KrispieKurt

@bluemage1989 is it even better when playing single player? I have played other smash games and they seem to feel redundant after about an hour of play when playing by yourself.

KrispieKurt

Madnessman

For some reason, I can't make a topic, so i'm just gonna ask this here

I've had my switch for about a year now, so i've accumulated most of the games that I've wanted. I currenlty have Breath of the wild, Mario Odyssey, Lets go Eevee, Smash Brothers ultimate (Fighters pass too), Octopath Traveller, and a bunch of indie games (Dead cells, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Lightfall, Stardew Valley, and I installed Warframe and played it a bunch, but i'm sure that doesn't count as one) but now i'm at a loss. I got a $100 gift card to gamestop for Christmas, and I need peoples help on what to get. I'm fine with a game of any price, but I can't think of one i'd want to get.
If anyone has a good switch game that they loved, i'd love it if you told me.

I also have a 3 month nintendo online subscription, I don't know if that'll effect your suggestions.

Thanks for taking time to read this, and have a great morning.

Edited on by Madnessman

Just joined - might be a while before i think of something to put here lol

bluemage1989

@KrispieKurt hard to say but ive enjoyed it a lot so far. Classic mode offers some great themed series of matches for each character with some nice bosses and score chasing is enjoyable. Your regular Smash is still there if your only wanting to fight matches with some custom rules. World of Light does offer a pretty lengthy campaign with each match having specific rules based on the spirits involved. As a side to this the spirit board mode (as well as World of Light) offers hundreds and hundreds of spirits to collect which could keep you busy for months if your so inclined.

bluemage1989

GeoChrome

Should I buy Puyo Puyo on sale now or buy Celeste at its regular price? I’m not into really difficult games, if that helps.

Edit: Went with my gut and got Puyo Puyo Tetris. I need more multiplayer games in my life.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

@Madnessman I would recommend Katamari Damacy Reroll and Snipperclips Plus. Both are vastly different, and while I haven’t played much of either (don’t own Snipperclips), I can say that I was having fun the entire time.
@ReaderRagfihs Tetris is one of those games that never really gets old. I’ve never actually owned a copy of Tetris before, so I think this is a great place to start (not to say I wasn’t enticed by the Puyo Puyo segment, as well).

Edited on by GeoChrome

LadyCharlie

please recommend me an eshop RPG!
I'm in the mood for something esoteric and arty, while still being grindy.
I was eyeballing Saturday Morning RPG or YIIK, but! they both have male protagonists. I'm not in the mood for all that.

so. an eshop RPG with a female and/or nonbinary lead character (already played Undertale, haha).
whatcha got fer me?

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

GeoChrome

I can say now that no eShop RPG has a nonbinary lead character in them. There’s I am Setsuna, a pretty good game from what I’ve heard. If you don’t mind several main characters, Octopath is a great experience and has a healthy mix between male and female leads.

Edited on by GeoChrome

EvilLucario

@CharlieSmile Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna, the Golden Country has a female protagonist while also sharing the protagonist role with a guy since they're a duo. Standalone, so you can buy it separately from the base game.

The base game is the same deal, except a guy is the main protagonist sharing it with a girl, another duo just like in Torna.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

LadyCharlie

@EvilLucario the game's control options do sound promising.
Untitled

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Chimaj

I really want a new Switch game but not sure which one. Been thinking about Ys 8, Diablo 3, Bayonetta 2 and Disgaea 5. I prefer exploring and open world, not only fights. If you've played any of these games what do you think about them? Thanks in advance 🙂

Chimaj

EvilLucario

@Chimaj Ys VIII has exploration but it isn't open world. It's more like a mix of Metroid-like progression. Combat's good enough.

Bayonetta 2 is all about fighting and does it the best out of almost everything else on the system. The level design is just set dressing to funnel you to the next fight.

Disgaea 5 is pure strategy.

Diablo 3 I have no idea.

Other games I could suggest if you don't have them are Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Dark Souls. Xenoblade 2 has a lot of big, open worlds with a lot of combat and a great story, and Dark Souls is pretty non-linear with great combat too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Chimaj

@EvilLucario Thanks! Which one of those three do you prefer?
I've played all Xenoblades (1, X and 2) and love them. I was hoping at least Ys would be somewhat alike. I have Dark souls 3 for pc and will probably get the first for pc also.

Chimaj

EvilLucario

@Chimaj Bayonetta 2 is my favorite game of the three, mainly because it sets out to do one thing and one thing only: giving you a good time, be it through the spectacle and the very deep combat system that demands replays to really get the most out of. It's a 10 hour game, but it can be near infinite if you take the time to learn the nuances and super minor yet major at the same time techniques that can really spice things up.

Ys VIII is #2, and it's not exactly like Xenoblade. Combat is more inline with Kingdom Hearts and is completely real-time with dodging mechanics just like Bayonetta. It's pretty simplistic and not as in depth as Bayonetta or even Xenoblade, but it's still a great time. Story's good enough and I like all the characters. Soundtrack is ehh but there are some really great tunes.

I actually don't own Disgaea 5 so actually I'm not exactly familiar with it. But from what I gathered, people play it for the strategy and not much else, with a ridiculous endgame apparently that's "the real game". How true is that, no idea.

Dark Souls is fantastic though. I don't blame you for going with PC for 60fps, but it is phenomenal. I own Dark Souls II and III myself on PC which I'll get to soon enough (been playing DS1 and Bloodborne first), but yeah.

GeoChrome

I’m thinking of getting New Super Mario DX or Tropical Freeze. I already own Country 1, so is it pretty much more of the same or those it have enough improvements to qualify as a whole different level? I’ve also heard that U DX is pretty much the same as the other New titles, but I’ve only played DS and heard this was a vast improvement. Is this true?

toiletduck

@GyroZeppeli both great games, but I personally prefer NSMBU. Most people here will probably argue that DK:TF is the better game in terms of level design and whatnot, but personally I'm a bigger fan of the Mario level design and difficulty curve. If you're very good at platformers and looking for a challenge, you're probably better of with DK:TF. I've played Country 1 way back on the SNES, and I remember it was way easier than DK:TF is.

Another argument could be whether you're looking to play co-op. NSMBU is way better suited for that. The fast paced precision platforming of DK:TF just doesn't really work with 2 players, while some NSMBU stretches seem to be specifically designed for this.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

GeoChrome

@toiletduck Thanks, I’m really not an expert at platforming and I couldn’t really handle DKCR. Co-op also does play a big part in deciding, do I think I’m going to get NSMBU.

toiletduck

@GyroZeppeli you're welcome. Hope (and expect) you'll enjoy it!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Krull

@CharlieSmile This is late, but Cosmic Star Heroine - I think the title itself suggests it may fit some of your requirements! It's also a very good RPG.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

funnyman420

So, I have a $25 eshop credit and I'm wondering what to use it on. I play Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate usually and like them both a lot for their depth, action, uniqueness, and replay value. I dislike ARMS for it's slowness. I also play MK8DX but only on 200cc bc the other ccs are too slow. I have Rosket League, but I never play it cause it's dull and not unique. I'm not looking for anything casual, and I like to play competitive multiplayer for most games. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

shut

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic