Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,201

EvilLucario

@BigMac1204 Hollow Knight is a bit of a slow burn, especially compared to other Metroidvanias, but it's filled with a bunch of awesome combat and enemies. Lots of places to explore, lots of enemies to beat up, it's all there. All for $15.

You can't get a better mix of Zelda II and Dark Souls than Hollow Knight.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

funnyman420

@ReaderRagfihs I've tried the Puyo Puyo tetris demo and it's just... not for me. Idk what it is, but I'd rather spend my time playing other games.

@EvilLucario Thanks for the suggestion! What do you mean by "slow burn", and what makes you think I would like it?

shut

EvilLucario

@BigMac1204 "Slow burn" means it can take some time for it to get going. Unlike a lot of other Metroidvanias, you don't get a lot of movement upgrades until a couple of hours in, while others like Super Metroid give you upgrades pretty quickly. It's also a lot more deliberate than games like Metroid or Castlevania.

But basically it's about as far from "casual" as you can get. Lots of difficult bosses and enemies, combat is simple yet still a joy, and exploration is top-notch. If you like Dark Souls, you'll like Hollow Knight.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GeoChrome

EvilLucario wrote:

@BigMac1204 Hollow Knight is a bit of a slow burn, especially compared to other Metroidvanias, but it's filled with a bunch of awesome combat and enemies. Lots of places to explore, lots of enemies to beat up, it's all there. All for $15.

You can't get a better mix of Zelda II and Dark Souls than Hollow Knight.

Seconded. Hollow Knight is an amazing game and has really appropriate difficulty spikes. I consider myself a mostly casual gamer, but the difficulty isn’t really off-putting, it’s a “easy to learn but hard to master” game that forces you to learn from your mistakes. It’s one of the best indies I’ve ever played.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

AURIYATZ

Filth_Element wrote:

@FGPackers thanks man looks like I'll get it in the not too distant future.
I've just bought a WiiU finally and catching up on that.
One last question are you playing one player or two player.

Anyone play NBA Playgrounds yet. I'm not a basketball fan but always looking for two player fun. The reviews I've read haven't been great but it's only $26 AUS which seems really reasonable.

AURIYATZ

GeoChrome

@AURIYATZ The first NBA Playgrounds is no longer on the eShop. Instead, it’s sequel, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, is available and is supposed to be decent.

thecrazygamer16

what is better Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or super smash bros ultimate

i love nintendo switch my switch friend code is
friend code: SW-3975-7409-4680

Switch Friend Code: sw-3975-7409-4680

GeoChrome

@thecrazygamer16 It depends on what genre you like more. Also, if you have MK8 on Wii U, I wouldn’t recommend buying Deluxe. Ultimate is better in terms of a party game, imo.

bixente

@GyroZeppeli what if you want to jump online for some races or battle mode? I don't imagine the online scene is very active on the Wii U version

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

GeoChrome

@bixente I think you’d be surprised at how many people still play MK8. Especially considering that the one on Switch is just an all-in-one plus extras.

thecrazygamer16

i think everyone should try out onigirl for switch im downloading it right now i was playing it on PlayStation not it on switch

thecrazygamer16

does anyone know any games for $30 i live in australia

GeoChrome

@thecrazygamer16 Do you want something very close to that amount or would you like to get several cheap games? If you are okay with the latter, I recommend Hollow Knight and Golf Story. If not, then Puyo Puyo Tetris.

TheAwesomeBowser

@thecrazygamer16 If you didn't own a Wii U, Rayman Legends is constantly on sale. I got it from EB Games for AU$30. On sale, of course.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

thecrazygamer16

@GyroZeppeli are they fun it got to be on eshop

thecrazygamer16

@TheAwesomeBowser it got to be on eshop

GeoChrome

@thecrazygamer16 I own all of the games I listed except for Golf Story. They are all great games. Also, every game available for Switch is available on the eShop.

TheAwesomeBowser

@thecrazygamer16 But it is on the eShop. Oh wait, you want me to list eShop exclusives. I enjoyed Poly Bridge, though it can be rather frustrating even in the early levels.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

jak1one

Hi, just wanted to ask some recommendations: never played many indies, but on switch i would like to buy someone. I like games with beautiful artstyle, good stories and emotional experiences. For a deep gameplay i have the main switch games, but a good gameplay is, obviously, akways welcome. Indies that i liked are Undertale, Hotline Miami, Limbo, Inside, What Remains Of Edith Finch and Binding Of Isaac (just so you know what i like). Any recommendations? I am currently interested in:
-Hollow Knight
-Gris
-Celeste
Thank you all, and sorry for my very italian english.

jak1one

GeoChrome

@jak1one The indies you are interested are all great. I would recommend Hollow Knight and Celeste if you are okay with high difficulty. Other than that, Retro City Rampage DX is a great retro GTA clone if that’s your thing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic