Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 2,205

Magician

Alantor28 wrote:

Say, can anyone recommend me some Switch RPGs for 2019? The age rating has to range from E to Teen. Yeah because I don't like to play M rated games. ^_^

I would suggest RPG Maker MV coming February next year. Why play through just one RPG when you can build your own story? Or download countless stories created by other players? The potential value-for-money offered by RPG Maker MV is limitless. Well, only limited by your imagination I suppose.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bixente

Tales of Vesperia is supposed to be good. That'll be out in January.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

AndyD

Which should I play next:
Monster Hunter
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Shining Resonance Refrain
Battle Chasers
Diablo 3
YSVIII
World of FF
Starlink
Titan Quest
The Lost child
The Coven of Refrain
Disgaea 1 or 5

This is just a small amount of what I have yet to touch...I don't know where to start!!! Help!! UPDATE Also, to add to this, what are some current e-shop or downloadable games in general that you all might recommend I add? I enjoy all kinds of games. I am really interested in Everspace and Banner Saga, knights of Pen and Paper 1 and 2 etc, along with a few others, but I am not sure which one to purchase next, though it would just add to my long backlog I have on switch.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Kaile

@scubydo I haven’t played monster hunter, battle chasers, world of ff, starlink and the lost child so not gonna talkm about those.

About the rest, i will obviously start with disgaea series as those are my favorites. Absolutely amazing gameplay, fun turn based combat with tons of options, you can start with either of them as they aren’t connected as far as the story goes. And those stories are really entertaining, disgaea games have really cool storylines, those are rather on the quirky side but if you are into it, you will certainly have a lot of fun.
There are a lot of options that you can make regarding your team and characters you want to play with. There is item world- you can pretty much enter your items to level them up and make them more powerful. Those games have enough to keep you entertained for a long time. And if you aren’t into grinding levels and you wonder if it is worth to play just for the story- i would say yes, playing just the story mode with only little item world/postgame exploration is still a great experience.

As for the labirynth of refrain, i picked that up just because it was from NIS(disgaea creators) and i definitely wasn’t disappointed. I can’t really compare it to anything as it was my first dungeon crawler but i enjoyed it a whole lot. The music/character design is done by the same people that created disgaea but the game is quite different. There is turn based combat that involves some strategy, especially for some bosses, like in disgaea games you have freedom in creating your team- you can decide yourself what classes you want to use and how you want to develop them. The story is very good and engaging, a bit darker comparing to disgaea series. One more thing worth mentioning is english dubbing, i usually go with japanese voice option but this game, i played in english. It is probably the best english voiceover i have seen in any japanese game on the switch. Really well done.

Next lets go with action rpg, those are pretty much all good games so i will just rank them for you. 1 being the one i enjoyed the most.
1. Xenoblade 2 - very fun combat system, it is a bit boring at the begining but it only gets better with time so don’t get discouraged. Easily the best aRPG i have played on switch.
2. YS VIII
3. Diablo 3
4. Shining resonance
5. Titan quest

As far as downloadable games go, i can really recommend celeste if you haven’t played that one yet. The game wasn’t game of the year nominee for no reason.

Kaile

bluemage1989

@scubydo Xenoblade 2 for sure. On BattleChaesers its not a bad game but it gets boring very quick.

bluemage1989

Toadie

I've been playing a great little game called Heroki lately, it's pretty cheap and really good fun, i definitely recommend it

Toadie

Mordridakon

I like hunting games, more specifically theHunter: Call of the Wild for PC.
Will I like Hunting Simulator for the switch?
Has anyone played Hunting Simulator?

Mordridakon

bluemage1989

To all those people who recommended Hollow Knight to me and anyone else over the last year. I totally see what you all meant now. Great game.

bluemage1989

Mordridakon

@ReaderRagfihs There is a difference between stalking a buck in Colorado and shooting with a rifle vs. fighting a gigantic dragon in a fantasy universe with a giant sword

Mordridakon

Magician

After playing Mercenaries Saga for a few hours I've decided to put it on the backburner, the game feels thoroughly average at best. So, I fired up Labyrinth of Refrain. Now here is an rpg that feels more worthy of my time. If fact I'd argue it's the best first-person dungeon-crawling rpg on the Switch...at least until Atlus brings the Etrian Odyssey series to Switch anyways.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bixente

LA Noire is on sale on the eShop. Half price. Picked it up for 44 bucks.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

HobbitGamer

Alright, I was given a $20 eShop card today. I spent fiver on Grim Fandango, but haven’t decided on the rest with this awesome sale. Is Crossing Souls good? I’m on the US shop

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GeoChrome

PolarExperience wrote:

Would any of you recommend Fast RMX to someone that doesn’t know the high-speed racing genre and is looking to get into it?

A different variation of the question: Would you recommend F-Zero like games for a semi-casual player.

@JackEatsSparrows I’ve heard good things about it, should be good if you like the genre.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

I'm looking for some good multiplayer/party games that combined are less than or equal to $30 (not including tax). Singleplayer games would work as well. Any suggestions?

Edited on by GeoChrome

GeoChrome

@scubydo I would recommend either the Double Fine games or Nefarious. They are all on sale for $5 each, giving them even better value.

KrispieKurt

I got some Xmas money and want to get either Pokémon let’s go or smash. Let me give you some back story so you can give me a recommendation.
I’m 30. I have three kids. I probably spend 2-4 hours per week playing games. Rarely do I “complete” a game. The only games I’ve ever completed are Pokemon x and LoZALBW. I’m a very casual gamer. 95% of the time I play games, I am playing by myself.
Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

KrispieKurt

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs Jackbox has been recommended to me many times, but I’m pretty sure my friends will find a way to make it kind of uncomfortably vulgar. Should I buy Puyo Puyo Tetris when it’s on sale? I really enjoyed the demo but it’s a little too expensive right now.

Xyphon22

I'm looking at one of those bomb defusing games. I think I remember hearing that one of them is a lot better and the others are kind of rip-offs, but I don't remember which one is good. I'm thinking it's Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, but can anybody confirm? Both that at Them Bombs are on sale right now, and I thought there was another one, too. Also, would it be fun with just my wife and I in the same room? Or do you need more people? We love playing escape rooms and similar games, so I thought this would be good for us.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

bluemage1989

@KrispieKurt Smash. It's a game that will be a nice slow burn over the next year or so and its easy to play in short bursts. If you do play with the family its nice and easy to enjoy.

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic