Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 2,200

CaPPa

@WestTexan
Id pick BOTW. Skyrim didnt really grab me, no doubt it is a good game and has deeper character mechanics but I just found it all a bit dull. Zelda has better gameplay and better world exploration.

CaPPa

SKTTR

Skyrim didn't hook me (so far). I'm conditioned to collect 100% and max out my character in video games. This doesn't seem to work in Skyrim. I need to approach it again, differently.
I gather, steal, and hoard everything and clutter megaloads in my seemingly-infinite-storage super-laggy potato-sacks. In every dungeon I need to warp back and forth travel points one or two times to secure all my newfound loot.

Collecting 100% and maxing out my characters was a very enjoyable and addictive task in my 300+ hours playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and my 300+ hours playing Zelda BotW.

Zelda grabbed me from the first moment and didn't let me go for 2 months. I revisited her as well, with every update and DLC to complete the new content.

Xenoblade 2 grabbed me after 50 hours and the third update. It started to turn from disappointing into really awesome. So I guess I have to invest a few more hours into Skyrim before it gets really awesome?!
I mean Skyrim definately has its moments. I had some tense experiences in my 40 hours with it and I wanna continue when I have more time. Xenoblade however, once again, addicted me physically, and impacted me emotionally.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

toiletduck

SKTTR wrote:

Xenoblade 2 grabbed me after 50 hours and the third update. It started to turn from disappointing into really awesome.

Hmm... Might have to give XC2 another shot then I stopped after about 30-40 hrs in, also disappointed... What made you like it eventually?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Scrummer

Can anyone recommend some good 4$ (3£, 3.2€ I think) or less games? I have gold points I want to spend. I was thinking of Knight terrors but wanted to know if there were any other good budget games.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

WestTexan

I've heard many people say Zelda botw is too easy overall and isnt challenging,is it? I'm no expert gamer and haven't played open world games like Zelda before.

WestTexan

MarcelRguez

@WestTexan It's as hard as you want to make it, really. A three-heart run is hell in this game, even on the standard difficulty. If you play it at your own pace, gathering items and doing shrines, you shouldn't have much of a problem past a certain point. Link is extremely overpowered by the end of the game.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

WestTexan

Is there a difficulty setting in game?

WestTexan

WestTexan

Is season pass a dlc? How would i buy it? Sorry for all the questions

WestTexan

Dogorilla

@WestTexan Yeah it's DLC. It also includes a bunch of new items, a fairly lengthy new main quest, and a combat challenge called Trial of the Sword. You can buy it by going to the BotW page on the eShop, it costs £18 which I think is about $20.

I'd say don't worry about getting it just for the hard mode though. If you're new to open world games then the normal difficulty should be enough for you. Maybe wait until you've finished the game to make sure you like it (I'm sure you will) before buying the DLC.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ReadytoShock

@Scrummer Robonauts, haven't played it myself but heard lots of good things about it. It's currently -80 %

ReadytoShock

LuckyLand

@MarcelRguez I don't think there is anything "standard" in a 3 heart run of BOTW

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

darkfenrir

Anyone played Stardew Valley and could say how it compares with the PS1 Harvest Moon?

darkfenrir

SKTTR

toiletduck wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

Xenoblade 2 grabbed me after 50 hours and the third update. It started to turn from disappointing into really awesome.

Hmm... Might have to give XC2 another shot then I stopped after about 30-40 hrs in, also disappointed... What made you like it eventually?

I liked it because the characters and storyline began to unfold in a much better way than the first four, five chapters would make you believe.
Also, the bugs and map and blade cutscenes were updated and other extras were added to make a better gameplay experience.

The feeling of getting stronger was another cool thing. Unlocking all of the chests or burning down bushes (etc.) was one of the things that turned from an annoyance into an addiciton.
Combat was at first unexciting and slow, but it turns into to a deep, fast, action-packed version as well. Just level up and get stronger weapons, better skills, arts, and a better understanding of the combo system and the elements.
Yeah, it's an excellent game if you keep at it.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

oninowon

I have enough money for a 2nd Switch game and am undecided between DOOM and Wolfenstein. This is a question for those who bought both for the Switch.... Which of the 2 do you prefer more and why?

oninowon

cambotero

@oninowon Wolfestein isn't even out yet... and I think there isn't a release date.
On the other hand, Doom is available and you can probably find it discounted.

If you want the game now, you'll have to go for Doom. And if you can wait... then you'll have to decide between them.

Personally, I'd buy Doom now and enjoy. It's a lot of fun with motion controls!!!

cambotero

Davey1988

Which glass screen protector would people recommend?

Davey1988

mist

I recommend Adventure Pals. It’s a really sweet game and suitable for all ages and skill levels.

Wotz bovereen yew mark?

MarcelRguez

@oninowon They're very different games. Wolfenstein is much more story-focused, Doom feels more arcadey somewhat.

Doom also feels more polished, in my experience. The gunplay in Wolfenstein is much weaker and there's something about the gameplay-to-cutscene transitions I find kind of jarring. Difficulty is all over the place in Wolfenstein too: while in Doom I had the urge to move onto higher differences because of how compelling the combat was, in Wolfenstein I ended up dropping the difficulty from "Bring 'em on!" to the easiest difficulty because the combat was getting in the way of the pacing of the game and the story.

So yeah, very different games. Doom has the best shooting and levels, Wolfenstein has the best script and characters. They complement each other very well, but Doom is my favorite, easily.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic