Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 2,207

MartianShane

Hello everyone! Just got my Switch not long ago and I’ve been playing only Zelda and it’s amazing. But we all know one game is never enough so I’m here looking for some recommendations? I have games like Splatoon 2, FIFA 18 and NBA 2K18 in mind but not sure which to go first.

MartianShane

Hyrule

Definitely recommend Fire Emblem warriors, if you have enough ££ to fit it in before Mario at the end of this week. Great storyline, voice acting, and smooth fast gameplay.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Krull

@MartianShane Splatoon 2 is marvellous - highly recommended. As long as you have decent wifi, you could be playing it for years. If you have friends coming over, though, the sports games are both decent, depending on whether you prefer football (soccer) or basketball.

If I were you, though, I'd either get Splatoon 2 or wait a couple of days and get Super Mario Odyssey.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

MartianShane

Hey! @Krull thanks for replying, Splatoon 2 has always been in my shopping list but it’s just FIFA 18 and NBA that I have dilemma. Is Odsyssey good? I’m not really sure about it.

MartianShane

Scrummer

I am seriously tempted to pick up Snake Pass, as it's half off, but I've heard some very mixed things about it. What does everyone here think?

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

zitpig

@Scrummer - At half price SnakePass might just about be worth it for you, but IMHO, it's a fairly slow and dull game and to me wasn't worth its original full price. I didn't get much joy from it at all. I got far more enjoyment value out of Golf Story, IronCast, StarDew Valley and Puzzle Adventure Blockle than SnakePass.

zitpig

JaxonH

@SKTTR

(Moved response here since thread is done)
No, it's not actually turn based. I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted that. I typically associate Japanese games with turn-based and... yeah. But I am playing the game right now and it's really great. It's not turn-based if that's what you're looking for specifically, but um, it does fill that, you know, Japanese style craving really well.

I think for turn based, Lost Sphear is gonna be the next great one to release. Obviously Octopath Traveller too but that's not coming til spring.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SKTTR

I thought Nights of Azure 2 was another musou-type of game like Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star, so it's good to hear it's quite different from that as we already have 5 types of musou games on the Switch.

Like many others I have too much to play on Switch this year. If Octopath Traveler isn't around when I finish Xeno2 and Skyrim, NoA2 sounds like a game I'd like to return to. And maybe it will also be a little bit cheaper by then.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Church_Morne

Perfect dark deserves to be on Nintendo switch

Church_Morne

clemyeats

I know you're all deep into Mario right now... if anyone played Splasher could they share their thoughts? Is it up there with Rayman/Shovel-Knight in the list of memorable platformers, or do you reckon it'll just be fun for a short while and get forgotten fast?

What's your take on Moon Hunters also?

I've been considering these two in the shop.

clemyeats

JaxonH

I'd like to hear feedback on Splasher as well. It looks like it could be great- a mix between that Super Meat Boy / The End Is Nigh style game and Portal 2 Wii the bouncy orange ink and slick surface ink and washing the ink away...

I recommend Fire Emblem Warriors. That game is way better than I was expecting. Definitely superior to Hyrule Warriors.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Late

I decided to take a look at couple of online retailers in case their Switch games had become any cheaper. The cheapest game at the moment seems to be Batman: The Telltale Series which comes out next week. It's only 25€. Every other site lists it for much more. I'm not really a Batman fan and I haven't played any Telltale Games game previously but I'm mildly interested. Do people here like this game or other games by Telltale? What is the gameplay like? Is it just quick time events? Do other factors such as story compensate the experience?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

bradtronix

I've been sifting through this forum, and I haven't quite found an answer for my own question yet, so I'll pose it here. I've been looking for an Ocarina of Time-esque title to play on the switch. I've already played and beaten BotW, Oceanhorn, Implosion, and Fire Emblem Warriors, all of which I enjoyed to varying degrees. So I'm looking for recommendations akin to my earlier statement: anything (not listed here) like OoT

Edited on by bradtronix

bradtronix

SKTTR

@Late

I really liked their point & click adventures on Wii. They were tons of fun: Sam & Max Season 1 & 2, Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 1-5, Strong Bad 1-5. However they had some technical issues and could use some polish. I guess the ports to Switch will run better due to much better hardware.

@bradtronix

You look for games that are like OoT, on Switch? Well, that is very specific, and the console is still new and there aren't any really comparable except Breath of the Wild.

But there will be some soon:

Rime is supposed to be a lot like a calm action-free Wind Waker.

Ittle Dew 2+ is heavily inspired by A Link to the Past.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom from the Wonder Boy creators and series, which itself was inspired by Zelda II, Metroid, etc. - on that note you can also check out Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap.

Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm is coming to Switch next year.
The same company also has Blossom Tales announced. Along with Moonlighter (by a different company) that's another two games inspired by topdown-view Zeldas.

I'd also say The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ has bits of similiarities to the classic Zelda series, at least the thing with the keys and bombs and maps.

The expansion The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - The Champions Ballad is also coming this year (this month?).

And of course, needless to say, Zelda fans should also have a deep look into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Skyrim.

Edited on by SKTTR

RR529

According to Amazon my Switch should be arriving on Friday, but I'll probably have to wait another week to buy a game for it, so my question is, are there any particularly good demos available?

From what I understand, the Octopath Traveler demo seems to be the creme of the crop, so I fully intend to try it, but is there anything else of note?

Genre doesn't really matter in this case, as I'm just looking to keep occupied.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SKTTR

@RR529

Good demos to try:

Since you liked Project Octopath Traveler I suggest the Disgaea 5 Complete demo. Maybe you like Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas as well?

Also check out the Piczle Lines DX demo (in handheld mode). This puzzler is quite addictive.

Also, recommended demos for 2 players: Snipperclips if you haven't tried it yet. Spelunker Party if you're into old school platforming. The music game Super Beat Sports was surprisingly fun and very much like Nintendo's own Rhythm Paradise series. And Pokémon Tekken DX if you're into fighters.

Edited on by SKTTR

rk3388

Anyone Play I am Setsuna?

Saw a factory sealed copy on ebay for 20$CDN and bought it instantly. Kind of afraid what is going to turn up because it's a brand new seller with a weird email, probably should have checked before I bought it right away (was the last copy of a bunch)

rk3388

SKTTR

So far, my recommendations are actually all the 8 Switch games I own. And with Skyrim and Xenoblade 2 preordered that will make an excellent 10 for the first year.

1. 10/10 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. 10/10 Super Mario Odyssey
3. 9/10 DOOM
4. 9/10 L.A. Noire
5. 9/10 Disgaea 5 Complete
6. 9/10 Thimbleweed Park
7. 9/10 Sine Mora EX
8. 8/10 Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

I would have certainly added Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (10/10), Splatoon 2 (9/10) and The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ (9/10) to my collection, but I already have the Wii U versions and they're still good enough for me unless I can find the Switch versions on sale which would give me a push.

Edited on by SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic