Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 1,990

minecraftemery

I usually just play First Party titles but I have a few Third Party titles:

Deltarune is a free RPG game that is just as good as Undertale, at LEAST.

Any LEGO game (besides LEGO Worlds and LEGO Movie 2) is amazing.

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville is an addicting PvP or PvE Shoot em’ Up with a great story.

And of course the underrated first party titles:

Paper Mario: The Origami King is an amazing RPG with a heartwarming story and memorable characters.

The 4 LABO games are super fun to make and use, the best is the VR Kit and the worst is the Vehicle Kit.

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics has, well, 51 worldwide classic board/card/sport games,
including but not limited to: Chess, Shogi, Blackjack, Toy Boxing, and even Piano.

A lot of thes are my most played games on Switch, and going off of that my most played is over 174 hours of playtime… so yeah I play these amazing games a lot.

Currently Playing:

Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Kirby And The Forgotten Land
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Nintendo Switch Sports
100%-ing Super Mario 3D World

Switch Friend Code: SA-2504-2595-1902 | My Nintendo: Emery

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I have Ty Tasmanian Tiger 3 on Gamecube and the graphic was really bad. The dialogue quality was like amateur conversations.
Ty Tasmanian Tiger 2 on Switch just digital only (code in box) and I don't like this business practice so I can always get the original version on PS2 with physical release.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1

help help I'm looking for a game(/games) with a level editor (not mario maker 2)

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Duboiss

I passed 100 hours on monster hunter rise and im curious if monster hunter generation ultimate is still worth it ?

Duboiss

bitzie

Recently picked up my first Switch (OLED and I'm totally loving it so far) and have been grabbing a few games. I really liked Hob on pc and am looking for similar games. I did already grab Link's Awakening and it seems like it will be pretty good (except for the performance issues). I also grabbed Death's Door which looks promising. I'm looking for some more chill, exploration/puzzle type games; any suggestions?

bitzie

Fizza

@bitzie In regards to puzzle games, one series you can't go wrong with would have to be the Picross S series on the eShop: they're usually very cheap and each one has some great picross puzzles to enjoy (and if picross gameplay crossed with engaging stories sounds interesting, Murder by Numbers is also a great option). You probably only need to get one since they're so similar but if you really like what you play, by all means get the rest (I think there's even a SEGA themed one as well).

Apart from that, good chill games I feel include Animal Crossing New Horizons, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (yes I'm serious), Stardew Valley, Breath of the Wild and a bunch more. As for my personal recommendations, I would highly suggest picking up Pokemon Legends Arceus (the Pokemon game for non-Pokemon fans), Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy or Turnabout Bundle (if you haven't played these games before, you are in for an absolute treat. There's a reason AA doesn't have the same visual novel stigma surrounding it), Super Mario Odyssey/3D World + Bowser's Fury (the best 3D platformers on Switch hands down, definitely give them a go) and at least a base NSO subscription (it gives you online along with a great, if slowly trickled out, selection of NES/SNES games and TETRIS 99 BABY WOOOOO).

Hope this was helpful and you have very good taste for picking Link's Awakening up!

Currently Playing: The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Kermit1

@Fizza here's a like ♥ (10/10 read)

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

bitzie

@Fizza Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I have my work cut out for me checking all of these out!

bitzie

BruceCM

Those 2 games are really quite different in a lot more ways than graphics, @Saf01 ..... How have you decided it's one of those 2, not 8, 9 or 12, though?
Any could be good as a 1st game in the series!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Well, since you can't buy FFX on its own for Switch, you'd have to buy it with FFX-2, @Saf01 .... If you think you'll want to play all the FFs available, might as well start with FFVII
That was the 1st FF for a lot of people.

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheJGG

@Saf01 Depends what you want in a FF game. I've played through a bit of 7 and it can get pretty confusing at times. I'd say get 10, because it's more advanced than 7 in terms of gameplay, graphics, story, et cetera. Both are outdated by modern game standards but 7's flaws stand out glaringly.

Excited to hear which you get, or even both!

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

bitzie

@Fizza Now this is actually pretty funny... I was looking through Deku Deals to see what games I might be able to grab on sale and there was Hob! I had quickly looked at the Hob wiki page which at the top only mentioned PC and PS4 versions of the game. I didn't think to look at the platforms section on the right hand side.. So I had to buy it and once that's done, I'll be checking out some of your suggestions for sure!

bitzie

TheJGG

@Saf01 The environmentalism is really cool, agree there. It holds up well and can be a good message for today. Same with the almost biblical nature of Sephiroth! You could argue on the other hand that 10’s commentary on religion is a lot more fun to look at. You’ll see for yourself if you get it!

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Fizza

Right, so I've been on an absolute fix for games with good stories lately (Ace Attorney Trilogy, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and soon to be Skyward Sword HD), would anyone here have any suggestions in that regard? I definitely want to play Professor Layton at some point (@Tyranexx has convinced me in that regard that's for sure) and am interested in 13 Sentinels, Murder By Numbers and AI: Somnium Files. Preferrably nothing past 100 hours if possible! I don't want to get sucked in too deep. Also, Danganronpa is a big fat NOPE from me, I don't want to touch that series whatsoever.

Whilst I'm here, I may as well ask this as well: can you play the original Professor Layton games on phones? I'm aware that Ghost Trick is available there (another game I have to get to after playing every AA game) but I'm hoping the Layton games are there as well since I want to go in chronological order.

JesseA

Panzer Dragoon Remake is $2.49 if anyone wants it. Never seen it cheaper.

Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Sam and Max and Broken Age are similar point and click adventure games with decent stories, but more comedic.

I'd check out any game by annapurna. They're pretty story based, visual novel types. Florence is on sale for 1.99 right now too.

JesseA

Tyranexx

@Fizza The only Layton game I know of that's on the Switch is Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy. I can't really comment on this one since I haven't played it, but online feedback suggests that it's weaker than previous titles that do feature Hershel Layton. It's also available on 3DS (original format) and mobile (free to start).

As for the others, the original Layton trilogy (In order: Curious Village, Diabolical/Pandora's Box, Unwound/Lost Future) is available on both the DS and mobile. All are decent entries, and Unwound/Lost Future contains one of my favorite video game endings. The prequel trilogy released later, but they chronicle how Layton and Luke met, as well as Layton's past. Last Specter/Spectre's Call released on the DS, but both Miracle Mask and Azran Legacy are on the 3DS. These last (or, timeline-wise, first three) do have an overarching plot, though Last Specter/Spectre's Call is the most removed from the others. In addition, there's a movie (Eternal Diva) set between the events of LS/SC and Miracle Mask, but it is skippable despite a few loose references in later titles. I've enjoyed the prequel trilogy so far, though I will admit LS/SC's plot resolution is...weird. Not as cohesive as other series entries. To my knowledge, there isn't a way to play the prequel trilogy on different platforms.

There are also a few spinoffs, mostly Japan-only, but some do praise Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright on the 3DS. I haven't played this game since it's rare/expensive in physical format, and the download size will more than max out my current micro SD card.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; Ys I: Omen), Metroid Dread

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Fizza

@Tyranexx If Capcom ever decide to make another AA Collection for modern platforms, it would be cool to see them chuck in PL vs PW as a neat extra bonus. Then again, Nintendo themselves were the ones to publish it overseas so things could get a bit messy in that regard.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic