Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,207

CableKC

Gonna be going on a long flight and was wondering which is the best Multiplayer game that 2 to 4 people can play at the same time where we each have our own controllers while playing on the same Nintendo Switch screen.

I was hoping to pass the time by finding aa few Multiplayer games where we can sit and play a multiplayer game at the same time ( without having to take turns or having to pass a controller between each other ).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

CableKC

dmcc0

@CableKC I haven't come across many 4-player games myself, but there are loads of good 2-player.

Depends what you're into as well - Most sports games will have a local multiplayer option and same with most racing or Karting games, 51 Clubhouse Games have some pretty decent stuff too, although I think most of the local multiplayer/single console stuff is max 2-player.
Beat-em-ups and are usually good for local multiplayer too - Streets of Rage 4 is really good as is Castle Crashers.

Lego Games, Fighting games, Party/Board board games like Mario Party or Wario-Ware, Snipper-Clips is a good 2-player co-op and Moving Out is supposed to be pretty good too (haven't played it myself).

Personally I'd take a Retro arcade collection - something like Capcom Arcade Stadium or SNK 40th Anniversary Collection where they're ideal for long trips where you can chop and change what you play and it never gets boring.

dmcc0

CableKC

dmcc0,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am considering Mario Party. Has anyone ever played "Moving Out" and "Overcooked 2"?

Does either game allow for 2 to 4 Players to play on the screen at the same time but using different controllers?

I downloaded Overcook 1 and it didn't allow for it. Maybe I have to pay for the full version instead of the demo?

Not sure. I just want to play a simple and fun game that can have multiple people play on the same screen at the same time while using different controllers?

CableKC

Gravitron

Ampersat is pretty awesome so far. Definitely recommend it. Very unique idea

Gravitron

Tyzma

Removed - spam

Tyzma

Fizza

I just picked up Capcom Arcade Stadium since there was a deal where you could get Street Fighter 2 for free with it and now I'm curious as to what would be the best games to grab with it since they're all €2 here in Ireland. Any recommendations? One that I'm definitely interested in is Final Fight (I'm a sucker for beat-em-ups) and I've heard that Progear is excellent but I would be more than grand to listening to suggestions since I've never played any of the games on here before.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Rambler

@Fizza
Strider
Progear
Ghouls N Ghosts
Ghosts N Goblins
Forgotten worlds
Most of the 19xx games
Bionic Commando

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Fizza

@Rambler Ooh, I completely forgot about Bionic Commando, that's definitely one for the list! As for the Ghosts N Goblins games, I played the NES and SNES versions on NSO and, whilst I did very much like them, the difficulty was a bit too much for me so I might pass on those ones. Definitely looking into the other ones you've mentioned though!

dmcc0

@Fizza I never tire of playing Final Fight, and Captain Commando is decent too if you like beat em ups. Ghost's n Goblins is an absolute classic too - I think it was free at launch, but it's probably paid now.

Due to the backlog I haven't really played much of the others except from a bit of Street Fighter so can't really recommend any others, but honestly, if you are considering getting more than a few games I'd just go all in and get the full collection of 30 games which is currently (and fairly regularly) on sale for €20.

dmcc0

Fizza

@dmcc0 There's about 4 max I'm interested in at the moment but yeah, I would definitely wait for those sales if I were to go all in. It's the same strategy I'm thinking of employing for the Mega Man Legacy Collections: wait for it to go down to maybe €5-7 and then grab them. I even made a Switch Group for all my Capcom games now so it'd be great for consistency sake (I only have the Ace Attorney games and Capcom Arcade Stadium at the moment but would love to add the Mega Man games and maybe even Resident Evil at some point).

Rambler

@Fizza
Super Ghouls N Ghosts is harder than the arcade games, and possibly the hardest of all of them (Ghosts n Goblins Ressurection is really tricky though), so you may find those two more forgiving. The arcade version of Goblins is better than NES game as well.

Strider is my childhood all-time arcade game. I think it is just wonderful, even if my reactions have slowed!

Forgotten Worlds is a horizontal twin stick shooter and works really well, while the more traditional shooters are all brilliant, with Progear being the best

Rambler

dmcc0

@Fizza No Monster Hunter/Stories? I've got the first MM Legacy Collection but I just couldn't get into the first game so I've put it back on the 'pile of shame' for now - I'll likely go back to it at some point though.

dmcc0

MarioVillager92

@dmcc0 Mega Man 1 is actually pretty hard - a lot of its levels and bosses are quite difficult, especially if you're not aware of the bosses' weaknesses. The MM games are known for being challenging a lot of the time, to be honest - I remember playing Mega Man 3 as a kid for the first time, and I didn't beat a single level until much later. Mega Man 2 at least has an easier difficulty, so maybe try that out next time you play.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

dmcc0

@MarioLover92 I think the difficulty was definitely a factor, but I think it was more to do with going back to an older game after playing a couple of modern 2D platformers - a combination of muscle memory from those games and the lack of QOL features in MM compared to the newer games and it just didn't click. I also don't really have any nostalgia for the MM series which I think can make a big difference when going back to these older games, but I'll go back to it at some point - preferably with a 'clean slate' so I'm not comparing it more modern equivalents that I've just played.

dmcc0

Geekstillafterallthe

I just finished kirby and really enjoyed it. Do u guys have suggestions for games like kirby that I might like?

Geekstillafterallthe

WoomyNNYes

If I buy Rain On Your Parade, should I just buy the game+DLC bundle for $22.99? (The base game $14.99). https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/rain-on-your-parade-p...

Feel dumb asking, since it's not that expensive to begin with.

@Geekstillafterallthe Kirby Forgotten Land reminded me of Mario Odyssey level designs a bit. I'm assuming you have Odyssey, though. I suppose most people would draw more similarity to Mario 3D World, but I just can't stay interested in 3D World (Probably because I can't stand the time limits on the levels, which ruins exploring & experimenting for me)

Since this is a Nintendo enthusiast site, I expect people will complain about that opinion. I'm not in the mood to debate it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Maxenmus

If anyone knows any Switch-exclusive visual novels, I'd appreciate it if you drop me a note. I've been looking for an excuse to play my Switch at all, and I know there are certain visual novels that aren't available on the PC. Doesn't have to be Switch-exclusive either; if it's not on PC, but available on Switch, let me know too.

Also any JRPGs worth recommending would be cool too, especially those with multiple routes like Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I'm also planning to buy.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Flippy

@Maxenmus Do you have any preferences regarding visual novels? The Ace Attorney Trilogy and The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles are the first that came to mind, but then I realized that they are available on Steam. They're perfect for the Switch though, and are two of the best visual novels imo

For something that's more Switch-exclusive, there's the Famicom Detective Club duology. They're both good games.

Currently playing:

Switch: Omori, ACNH
PC: Danganronpa V3

Switch Friend Code: SW-6454-7474-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 2380-4129-0961

Maxenmus

@Flippy Nice! Thanks for the quick response.

I don't really have preferences regarding VNs as long as they have a good story, and I have heard the great reputation of the Ace Attorney franchise, so yeah, I'd be interested. If it's available on PC though, it's a bit of a hard sell as I just feel comfortable reading VNs at my gaming desk, just chilling in my chair. lol That is of course, unless the Switch edition comes with bonus features exclusive to the Switch.

I have seen the Famicom Detective Club games before, and they were definitely one of those visual novels that I've wanted to check it out since it seems to have multiple routes and endings. It looks like it got remastered graphics too if I'm not wrong, so yeah, I'll put that on my wishlist.

Thanks for all the help!

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Flippy

Maxenmus wrote:

If it's available on PC though, it's a bit of a hard sell as I just feel comfortable reading VNs at my gaming desk, just chilling in my chair.

Haha I totally get you. I play Danganronpa (another great VN series), and while the Switch versions have better graphics and stuff, I'm just more comfortable playing on PC. Unfortunately I don't think the Ace Attorney games offer anything exclusive on Switch, also they get better sale prices on Steam, so yeah, looks like a hard sell I do hope you give the series a chance sometime though!

I don't think I helped much haha. I've been trying to think of more games, but most good VNs on the Switch are also available on Steam 😅 But yes, the Switch Famicom Detective Club games are remasters!

Edited on by Flippy

Currently playing:

Switch: Omori, ACNH
PC: Danganronpa V3

Switch Friend Code: SW-6454-7474-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 2380-4129-0961

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic