Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,207

ophone

I'm hesitating to buy FF7.
I beat the game back in the day and liked it quite a lot, but I'm not able anymore to replay it, one disc is broken.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Solaine

@NintendoByNature I think you already got the best of it. You might give one of the mana games a shot or the collection, worth a try and i found some of them quite nice.
Edit. Oh, you are missing FF8. Then you should definitely get that one, especially for the price

Edited on by Solaine

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

BruceCM

Definitely FFVIII Remastered, @NintendoByNature .... Although I Am Setsuna & Lost Sphear get mixed reviews, you might still like them, too?
I'd recommend the Mana Remakes over the collection, personally but I dunno how much you want to spend, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@Solaine @BruceCM ok, I might grab 8. I forgot I already have the mana collection and the trials remake. But not the other mana games.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Which is just Legends of Mana, on Switch, isn't it ...? @NintendoByNature Potentially, FFXV PE is pretty good, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I think legends of mana is different than the trials of mana remake no? I have the mana collection and the remake. But not legends of mana.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Yep, @NintendoByNature .... Just, as you have the other 2, that's the only 1 left! What else is currently on sale for us to persuade you to buy?

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM used up some gold coins and got FF8. I'll probably hold off on anything since it's about to get busy with releases and chrono cross is on my list. It'll be a bit before I fire it up though.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

That's cool, @NintendoByNature .... I pre-purchased Chrono Cross on Steam, so I'll play that when it's out! Don't forget to let me know whenever you do get around to FFVIII, it's a pretty good game

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

Bastion is marked down 80% on the UK eShop.

If you somehow haven't played it, at that price...don't skip it.

Made by the folks who made Hades.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JesseA

Gijoe is on sale for $10. I kinda wanna get it but the game got pretty mixed reviews. Anyone try it? Does it have multiplayer?

I know a lot of people like them, but I really did not like Children of Morta or Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Morta felt too empty and the pixel art made the levels/monsters feel too similar to enjoy. Sword of Ditto also got obnoxious real fast.
Really did not like Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, it gets pretty hard and it just feels more like a drag then enjoyable. I'm at the point where I want to beat it so I don't have to play it anymore, not because I'm actually enjoying it.

Streets of Rage and Metroid Dread are freaking incredible though. A + for them. Almost every Nintendo first part game I end up enjoying and beating.

JesseA

TimE_Zer0

What Hyrule Warriors game recommend?

I can't decide in which HW game buy.
In general I like a lot the musou/warriors games, these type of games are one of my favorites.
In the case of the DE I like the list of characters and the amount of fan service it have, but a lot of people say is "too grind" the problem is I don't know exactly why.
In the case of AC I play the demo, and looks nice and fun. But I haven't play BOTW and I don't know nothing about the charaters or the story.

TimE_Zer0

JaxonH

Gotta recommend 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Triangle Strategy

Both games exceeded my expectations, and deserve far more attention than they've received.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Severus_Snape

Doom Eternal is on sale. I really don't like FPS on consoles but took the plunge at that price and... it's just incredible unadulterated fun! Yes, aiming is difficult without a mouse but the game does help you a bit. And with a few upgrades unlocked jumping from one ripe fat demon to the next to pluck them for that sweet, nourishing glory kill feels awesome.

Severus_Snape

marvelis

"nobody saves the world
this game just barely came out buuut with that said i am having so much fun with it i have some small nitpicks i dont like with it but it is so much fun

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

Moonfish

I have never played any of the splatoon games. The new one that is coming out soon looks interesting. Is the single player for these games fun?

Moonfish

Dogorilla

@Moonfish The single player modes are great but quite short (at least in the first two games, we don't know about the third one's story mode yet). So they're probably not worth buying if you only want to play offline, but the online multiplayer is fantastic too and will keep you busy for ages.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

aresius

Hi, i have some question please:

I like both but u cab buy just one at the moment:
everspace or rebel galaxy outlaw ?

another question
is dy smantle worthy ?

aresius

marvelis

i like everspace it is a rouge like space game i would look up switch ups reveiw thats what made me not want rebel galacy outlaw and so i got everspace instead

my friend code :) 0354-8770-1231

Severus_Snape

I own and played rebel galaxy outlaw for a few hours. It's not bad, but kinda... boring? Ever samey? Wouldn't recommend. Why not wait and see how good No Man's Sky does for itself on switch? @aresius

Edited on by Severus_Snape

Severus_Snape

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic