Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,207

Tasuki

@PhhhCough You don't need to read every page. Just ask your question on what you want to get and if people have an answer they will post.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MarioVillager92

@Blackrosewaifu9000 Super Mario 3D World is fantastic - it's just an all-around great traditional Mario platformer. It's got many fun and inventive levels, the co-op is quite good (you can play online with players on your friend list, too), and you can be a cat in it. Bowser's Fury is pretty good too, and is pretty much a mashup between 3D World and Odyssey's gameplay.

Mario Party Superstars is also great if you're looking for a new Mario Party game that plays just like the classics. It mostly pays homage to the Nintendo 64 games, as all of its boards are from MP1, 2, and 3. It has online, as well. I think the game could have used one more board, but other than that, I've been having a great time with it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Blackrosewaifu9000 Yeah no problem, thought I'd share my thoughts with you anyway - especially when you finish Skyward Sword HD. Glad you're enjoying it. I was thinking of picking it up on sale, I had a hard time playing the original Wii version back then so hopefully the button controls will make things better for me. I do like Super Mario Party as well, been thinking of coming back to it.

Super Mario Maker 2 is also pretty good, even if you're just gonna play levels. I liked the story mode, and a lot of the user-made levels are great stuff. (Though, some people have made some jank levels, but you can dislike them.) There's also a world maker, and other things like the 3D World style and a Master Sword power-up. The game had its last major update a while ago, but it does have quite a bit of content.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Coldsucks2022

I am looking at braverly default 2 for my next rpg. Can anyone tell me if it's a good rpg to get?

Coldsucks2022

NintendoByNature

@Coldsucks2022 it's rock solid. It's a traditional jrpg. I loved the world, story, and characters. It can get a little hard at times though.

NintendoByNature

Fizza

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you could give me any recommendations for good 3rd person shooters on Switch. I fell in love with WinBack on the NSO Expansion Pack and have been itching for another experience like it ever since. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@Fizza The Saint's Row, Sniper Elite and Resident Evil games are probably the best bet for you if you're not including the like of Splatoon 2.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@jump I've actually been meaning to pick up Resident Evil 1 HD on Switch for a long time there now, the only thing that's really stopped me is that the file size is bloody ridiculous so once I upgrade my SD card, I'll probably take the plunge. Also, I actually have Splatoon 2! I got it back in August 2020 and absolutely loved it, can't wait for 3.

Edited on by Fizza

NintendoByNature

@Fizza I've only played a little of saints row IV, but I'll second jump. Worthy of a 3rd person shooter rec. And the RE games. And while you can call RE1 and 0 3rd person, they're not Over the shoulder like 4 5 and 6. I'd go with RE4 of all of them though.

NintendoByNature

Magician

Fizza wrote:

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you could give me any recommendations for good 3rd person shooters on Switch. I fell in love with WinBack on the NSO Expansion Pack and have been itching for another experience like it ever since. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

@Fizza

Risk of Rain 2 is the closest thing to Returnal we have on Switch, although it might be too difficult if you play primarily solo. But I enjoy recommending it at every opportunity.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, I think only about 10 of the games are card games so there's plenty else in there.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

rallydefault

Toree 3D was a really nice platforming romp for 99 cents. It only has about a dozen stages and you can speedrun/collect all the stars in each stage. Graphics are low-res polygons kind of like Short Hike but even chunkier. The controls and hit detection for the platforming are absolutely spot-on, honestly tighter and better telegraphed than some much higher-budget 3D platformers.

rallydefault

Helios26

I don't know If it's already mentioned, but I can recommend "Splasher"
A fun and challenging 2D Platformer filled with humor and surprises. You make your way with your paint cannon, try to save your companions, and stop your evil boss, Le Docteur.

Edited on by Helios26

FAVOURITE GAME: Super Mario Odyssey
FAVOURITE OST: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

JesseA

I really liked Goblin Sword. Not a lot of replay value once you beat all the levels, but you there are costumes/abilities that you can unlock.

Not recommendation:
For me company man was hugely disappointing. I thought it had great potential based on concept and world, but just boring level design, enemies and simple fighting mechanics.

Edited on by JesseA

JesseA

Screen

Has anyone tried Rover Mechanic simulator and do you recommend it?

BDSP has online matchmaking!

ophone

I'm here to recommend an old game:
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.

I'm in the middle of it and chances are high it'll kick Tropical Freeze from the throne of my favourite 2D jump 'n' runs.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Fizza

@ophone Highly second this. The music levels especially are amazing.

PSVR_lover

If you are into Visual Novels, I highly recommend Steins Gate. Great graphics and story.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

NintendoByNature

Most the square games are on sale. I currently have FF 7, 9, X/ X-2, XII, and neo: twewy. Between the rest of the FF games, lost sphear, I am setsuna etc. Anyone have some must buys out of the square sale?

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic