Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,193

jedgamesguy

@Fujimoto-San Depends on what you've already played. Xenoblade Chronicles, XC2 have challenge if you so want, Dragon Quest XI is fairly challenging, FFX is very challenging if you're underlevelled... I'd like to say Persona 5 Strikers is but I've only played on Easy.

And there's Celeste, which is the epitome of Challenge! A no-nonsense platformer with very tight level design, killer soundtrack and a really decent story.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

jump

@Fujimoto-San Some of the levels created in Super Mario Maker 2 are almost impossible if you are looking for a real challenge.

Others that come to mind which are hard but fun are Hades, Dark Souls (not a fan myself but people like to take about how much of a gamer they are because they completed it), Cuphead, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, DOOM, Catherine (on the higher settings) and Bayonetta. Also any game when there's joy con drift!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@Fujimoto-San

I quit playing Ghostrunner after about an hour, I thought the game was too difficult.

It's a first-person action/puzzle/platformer.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ophone

I can vouch for Celeste and Tropical Freeze, if you are into 2D platformers.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

fighting_game_player

@Blooper987 I'm always willing to try something new, but platformers and tactical RPGs are my personal favorite besides open world titles. I don't quite understand all the game genres there are, but yeah. I usually just pick up a game if it seems interesting or challenging.

@TheJGG I've played Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition but I haven't finished it yet. As for Dragon Quest XI? I haven't played it yet, but I might pick it up sooner rather later since I always planned on playing it. I've heard of Celeste but it didn't look so hard in the videos I saw, but if it is then great! It had piqued my interest since it seems like a fun game to play but I think I'll give it another look now. Is there a physical edition of the game or just digital?

@jump Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? I had never considered that to be a hard game, going on the 3DS game. Can you play the game with local co-op? I'd love to play the game with my brother if this is the case. As for Super Mario Maker 2, I haven't bought the game yet but I will if only to play those levels. The one thing that holds me back is that I would need a strong internet connection to play, and that's not something I have at the moment. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to play those nearly impossible levels!

@CactusMan Disgaea? I might look into it, along with the other games you mentioned since I'm not familiar with them.

@Magician Ghostrunner, huh? Sounds pretty interesting. I'm not too keen on first person games, but I'll try to give it a shot. Thanks.

@Balta666 Hollow Knight is a game I'd like to try! Now that I know it might give me a challenge, I might just buy it sooner.

Edited on by fighting_game_player

"as I roll along I begin to find.. things aren't always just what they seem.."

Twitter:

ophone

Fujimoto-San wrote:

I've heard of Celeste but it didn't look so hard in the videos I saw, but if it is then great! It had piqued my interest since it seems like a fun game to play but I think I'll give it another look now. Is there a physical edition of the game or just digital?

For physical editions there's a Limited Run one and a usually cheaper Japanese version.

fighting_game_player

@ophone Mm.. Shame. I usually like to collect physical games, but I guess I could make an exception for Celeste.

Twitter:

ophone

Fujimoto-San wrote:

@ophone Mm.. Shame. I usually like to collect physical games, but I guess I could make an exception for Celeste.

Though the Japanese version comes also in European languages, it's the one I own.

fighting_game_player

@ophone Hm. Is there maybe a link you could share, where I can view it? I've searched for it on various online retailers and Amazon but I can't find it. It'd be nice to have the physical release, but how much is the difference in price compared to its digital counterpart?

Twitter:

fighting_game_player

@Wargoose Hmm.. No. I can't say that I have. In fact I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it but I'll look into it. Thanks.

Twitter:

NintendoByNature

@NeonPizza I can't find a single hole in your assessment of the bloodstained games. Not to mention, love the board game in the profile pic. Probably one of my favorite games as a kid. Lastly, pizza thats neon?! My favorite food is now going neon?! You must be my brother from another mother. #Twinning 😉

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@NeonPizza holy crap! Completely forgot about mighty max toys! I had so many of those growing up. Same with creepy crawlers. All great stuff my man! I will definitely scour the dark web for this pizza concoction. If you don't hear from me, in like ever, we'll know it worked.

NintendoByNature

Ste

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me. I am looking for a anime style rpg, but am not into turn based battles. Would like a good story and since I am not particularly good at video games, something on the easier side. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

jump

@Ste You can try Tales of Vesperia, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Persona 5 Strikers.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@Ste Anime rpg? I recommend...

God Eater 3 (anime Monster Hunter)
Castle Crashers (cartoon beat'em up/rpg)
Cat Quest (cute kitty action/rpg)

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ste

Thank you Jump and Magician

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

Magician

I've got a $90 BB gift card burning a hole in my wallet.

Mario Golf: Super Rush?
Zelda: Skyward Sword?
Super Mario 3D World?

Which two of the three? Pitch me.

(Although if I was being honest I'll probably nab all three eventually.)

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic