Gamertag: BruceCM

damien33ad

Adding both to list tks

Edit. Not seeders. Way too scary

Edited on by damien33ad

damien33ad

Northwind

rockodoodle wrote:

That might be part of my problem in general.... I get frustrated early and move on.

I'm basically The same. Turn based games are my thing, but my reflexes are terrible so any action game with any semblance of difficulty makes me chuck my pro controller though the TV. (I play Monster Hunter at the highest level, but it took me nearly a decade and three generations to git gud; my first MH game was MHF2 on PSP--and I then played FU on PSP, 3U on 3DS, 4U on 3DS, Gen on 3DS and GU on Switch--but I didn't really 'get it' until halfway through 4U.)

Thing is, I've come to realise there's no shame in that. There are enough games to play. If a game doesn't grab a person within the first 4 hours or so, regardless of 'why' it didn't, then there's no shame in shelving it indefinitely. There are plenty of fish in this proverbial sea, so there's no reason anyone needs to force themselves to play a game that doesn't click with them just because others say it's a good game.

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

Snatcher

I got 20$ So I'm thinking between getting cuphead or dbfz I love fighting games plus I loved playing cuphead on pc, I own both of them just thinking which game I should get on the switch what do you guys think. ( And I know the 100$ pack is on sale)

Snatcher

App

@Snatcher you only have 20$? Mmkay....

If you like fighting games then get dbfz.

App

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Solaine

Any good visual novel style games on the switch? I have only played Ace Attorney so far so murder mistery is a total plus, however i am open for others as well, just not knowing what the switch has to offer in that regard. Ace Attorney had a lot of interaction but i don't need that if the story is really good

"Without love, it cannot be seen" ~Umineko no naku koro ni

Losermagnet

@Solaine A.I. The Somnium Files might be something you like. From what I remember it's about a detective who can manipulate people's subconscious to help solve mysteries. Admittedly I only thought it was okay, but it's had a positive reception overall it seems.

While I haven't played it yet, I ordered a limited edition physical copy of Murder by Numbers. I've heard it's like Ace Attorney mixed with Picross.

Edit - I don't know how it slipped my mind, but Catherine (while puzzle heavy) has a great story.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Solaine

@Losermagnet mhhm sounds intriguing, i will check it out. Thankyou very much

"Without love, it cannot be seen" ~Umineko no naku koro ni

Northwind

@AndyD, it just got a 10/10 review posted, so seems pretty damn good

Autocorrect keeps causing me to write things I didn't Nintendo.

My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

@AndyD really freaking addicting as a looter RPG. Gives me strong af Diablo vibes. Also planning on copping the Switch version one day so I can sync it with my PC saves

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magitek_Knight

So the Nintendo SNES controller for Switch is currently sold out. I've been looking at the 8bitdo SN30 Pro as a possible alternative for playing SNES and other retro games. Anyone have any experience with it?

Mostly considering them because Analogue uses 8bitdo with their consoles which are pretty top shelf.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

Sorry if I got your thread locked.

BruceCM

Never had cause to try any of the various controllers but 8bitdo have a good rep with all of theirs .... Probably some here who have the one you're asking about particularly, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

toiletduck

@Magitek_Knight I have bad experience with the quality of that controller (bad d-pad and right analogue worn out fast), but from what I've read I'm in the minority.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Magitek_Knight

@toiletduck That's a little distressing. I may look into some alternates or just wait until the SNES pads are back in stock.

Sorry if I got your thread locked.

damien33ad

Has anything new played The Childs Sight? It's an obscure horror game keep seeing on eShop. There is no review score I can find anywhere online-not even metacritic and was just wondering if it's decent. I'm not looking for mind blowing I quite enjoy the low budget horror games I've played on Switch like Rise of Insanity. Just didn't know if anyone had any play time with it.

damien33ad

megasean

toiletduck wrote:

@Magitek_Knight I have bad experience with the quality of that controller (bad d-pad and right analogue worn out fast), but from what I've read I'm in the minority.

Would agree on the d-pad ... not remotely in the same category as the official NES or SNES pads. I must have played Mega Man 8 Wily Castle 1 40 times with the 8bitdo, but I didn't beat it until the fifth time or so playing with the SNES pad. And could do it semi-regularly after switching to that.

3DS: 0834-4562-2419
Wii U/Switch: seandizz

Nintendo Network ID: seandizz

NintendoByNature

Trying to decide between dragon quest 11 or fire emblem 3 houses. Barely played either series so im looking for something that's a little more beginner friendly.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Either should be good, @NintendoByNature .... 3 Houses has 'casual mode' & various things to help beginners! While DQXI is pretty good at introducing it's mechanics, which are not that complicated by any standards

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic