Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,193

BruceCM

Completely different people doing Age of Calamity, @amazinggerudoganon .... Breath of the Wild 2 is probably next year!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

amazinggerudoganon

I played through a little bit of genshin impact, it's really good so you should try it out if you have a ps4

amazinggerudoganon

amazinggerudoganon

also I would recommend xenoblade chronicals 2 for any beginners, it has a really good story and it's not hard at all

amazinggerudoganon

Magitek_Knight

@amazinggerudoganon Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link has been out longer than I've been alive...

๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

I didn't like Breath of the Wild, have I mentioned it yet today?

porto

Super Mario 3D World Deluxe + Bowser's Fury

It's not technically out yet, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't get a reccomenation. If you've never played it before I highly suggest it. It's a great co-op adventure with fun levels and amazing level design. It's filled to the brim with levels so don't think it won't be worth your money.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@ToadBrigade Out of the three you mentioned, I think I would recommend starting out with Dragon Quest XI S. I find it the easiest to get into for RPG newcomers. There's a quite beefy demo of that game that you can download right now. It's roughly 10 hours long and when you're done, you can transfer your save data to the full version if you like what you've played! Hope this helps.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Magitek_Knight

So, I've finished BOTW. I'm focused on playing TP on my Wii at the moment but also playing Mario Sunshine on 3D All-Stars as my after-work chill out game.

What are some of the "essentials" on the Switch I should be checking out? I'm not super familiar with Nintendo's first party stuff in recent generations (and I know there's not a current F-Zero or Metroid entry).

On a side note, I find that Bud Spencer & Terence Hill: Slaps & Beans might be the most perfect "game to play with your dad" in existence.

Edited on by Magitek_Knight

BinaryMessiah

ToadBrigade wrote:

So I am thinking about trying out an RPG for Switch, because there are so many highly recommended ones, but I have close to no experience whatsoever with the genre. What would you guys recommend? I think I want to start with one of the bigger titles, like FE3H, DQ11S, or a Xenoblade game. If you have any other suggestions, or one of the ones that I mentioned is a personal favorite, I would appreciate some help!

Trials of Mana is a good one. I don't like complicated hard JRPGs as I never finish them and I've been playing them since the SNES days. Trials has difficulty selection and is linear and always has a main story quest marker on the map. I finished it in about 30 hours and it was very entertaining. I feel DQ11 is much harder and isn't an "easy" JRPG. I also recommend the Ni No Kuni series.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Magitek_Knight Do you have Mario Odyssey? That's my first recommendation. Also Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2. I really liked Mario+Rabbids too, and I don't even like turn based games.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magitek_Knight

@WoomyNNYes I don't. So far the 3 physical games I own are Link's Awakening, BotW and 3D All-Stars. I'll look into the others too.

@baller98 Already got LA (was my with-system purchase). Will give the others a look though.

Solaine

@ToadBrigade If you have loads of time i would recommend starting with Xenoblade DE since it arguably has the best story out of those three along with the best characters with a beautiful setting to top it off. The only thing that is hit or miss here is the gameplay but it can easily be turned easier if it gets too hard and the whole package is really worth it. It is also easier to get into than Xenoblade 2, although for me they are about equally good for different reasons. Fire Emblem three houses is also really good but its more of a strategic war game with different paths to chooses which makes it great for replaying. Trials of mana was recommended which features a fun battle system and lighthearted setting, but is really easy with a story that cannot hold a candle to those mentioned before. I haven' played Dragon Quest XII so i can't really say much about it, it really seems like a game that is easy to get into.
Xenoblade is one of my favorite games so i guess i am very biased here XD, it really got me into the JRPG genre though so there is just my experience. Hope you find the best out of the bunch for yourself

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Solaine

@Magitek_Knight Also maybe try super mario maker 2, Pokemon Sword or Shield and lets not forget animal crossing New horizons along with all the previously mentioned titles.
If its not First party but switch exclusives then also try Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 1 and 2
Other great games on switch while not exclusive include Bayonetta, Octopath traveller, Ori 1 and 2, Hollow knight, Ace Attorney, Yoshis crafted world depending on your preferences.

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Magitek_Knight

@Solaine I'll probably skip Pokemon, I've tried the series twice before and it just doesn't hold my interest for very long. Octopath is one I definitely want to play.

I've already played Bayonetta and Hollow Knight over on PS, they're great!

Will check out the others to see if they're something I'm into.

Magician

@WoomyNNYes

GRID Autosport might be the best sim-racer on Switch, but even that game has touches of arcade-style racing blended into it.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WoomyNNYes

@Magician haha, oops. XD I was vague above. I was talking about those cheap crappy looking driving simulators, like https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/detective-driver-miami-...

I've got the GRID, son! I put 20-30 hours in, I think, into GRID. It's good, but I can't get back into it, maybe party because of it's structure and lack of a basic car garage. Something about it depresses me, and the main menu's electronic piano music really bothers me now. For anyone reading, sometimes I burn out on good things, and can't go back, GRID is definitely a good racing game, especially with analog triggers (I use a gamecube controller).

If they do cloud gaming, I wonder if Forza Horizon would be serviceable. I'm skeptical, though.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Xyphon22

Has anyone played Silence to either recommend it or suggest avoiding it? I like the idea of a less comical and cartoony point-and-click, and I played a short demo on Steam and thought it was pretty good. And it's like 90% off for another week and wondering if I should go for it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

PSVR_lover

I would highly recommend YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world. itโ€™s a lovely game that is really different.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic